deep fear!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rejoice83

Sep 29, 2011
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others :)

U

Ugly

If this were true then man would not constantly be positioning himself into godhood. One of the biggest problems of man is the desire to be a god, or to think of ourselves as gods. Some religions even teach this. It goes all the way back to Adam and Eve. If anything it is our inflated ego's that keep us from seeing the truth of how truly inadequate we are. We are walking corpses, sinners. Then, SOME of us come to Gods light and get reborn. Then, and only then do we have any sense of power, and light. And those are not 'ours', but rather the power God, lends us, so to speak.
There is nothing 'enlightened' about shrinking to make others feel better, but there is a lot to said about being humble and meek in many circumstances. We are to be warriors, but only against sin and satan, with a hell-bent humanity we are to be wise and harmless.
The glory of God is not manifest in all people. How could people who truly manifest Gods glory still go to hell? God is not in everyone, God is in those who accept Him.
We are to shine, but we are moons, and God is the sun. The light we shine is just a reflection of His light, its not our own.
Mankind is in a search for power, more and more power. Its what drives so many people. I'm afraid much of what you've said neither lines of with the reality of humanity's history nor biblical ideals.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others :)
I like the encouraging tone of your post....I guess it's similar to the idea that we all have the "kingdom of God" in us and if we respond in the correct manner, then it will be very noticable in our lives and we, as Christians, will reflect His glory.

But I'm also reminded that Satan is an angel of light and is very attractive and charismatic. We just have to be very discerning. The fruits of the Spirit are very helpful in this....love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Your right, fear can really hinder us :)

C

CatWoman

I attended Mariannes church in Warren,mi when she was there. I think she was talking about people broading their harizens when she wrote this.Im sure you can think of people who have been "stuck" in life. I know some people who wont manage their mental health because if they do they are afraid people will start expecting more from them. They are afraid of how great a person they can be. Some people wont try new things like how to use a computer. Or learn how to play a new sport like golf. When we do things and achueve our gouals we shine and inspire other people. Like if someone you know went to wieght watchers and lost a lot of wieght you maybe inspired to lose wieght too.