Defying Atheists, State Wants To Make The Bible Its Official Book

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Religion should have nothing to officially do with state other than that some of its representatives are free to practice it and they lend that freedom to all of their constituents regardless of their religions or lack thereof.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution states:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with solemn reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

Regardless of what these men want, the US is a constitutional republic, not a democracy.
No offence but a few thoughts......

Rome as a Republic ruled the known world (Around the Mediterranean) and switched a Democratic entity, grew base and fell as an empire...

The U.S. is doing the same thing, is crumbling and will fall....!

Oct 30, 2014
No offence but a few thoughts......

Rome as a Republic ruled the known world (Around the Mediterranean) and switched a Democratic entity, grew base and fell as an empire...

The U.S. is doing the same thing, is crumbling and will fall....!
Democratic societies and empires survive because people are behind them. If America as you know it falls and something else takes its place, it will be because the people have directed it so.

Dec 12, 2013
Democratic societies and empires survive because people are behind them. If America as you know it falls and something else takes its place, it will be because the people have directed it so.
I would lay odds on that based upon history.........!

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."
Are those words in the Constitution of the United States? No, so stop your drivel.

A foreign atheist telling American Christians how we should live. That's pathetically hysterical.

Oct 30, 2014
Are those words in the Constitution of the United States? No, so stop your drivel.

A foreign atheist telling American Christians how we should live. That's pathetically hysterical.
IT's relevant, for reasons you seem far too closed minded or ignorant to understand. But if you go back and read my previous posts on the thread, maybe you can try to wrap your head around it.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I dont see this as an act against anyones equal rights in any way. It changes no law. It forces nothing on anyone whatsoever. And Id be willing to bet most people there like the bible to begin with, so its probably not some small group pushing their views on anyone to begin with.

My state made sugar cream pie their official state pie. I STRONGLY prefer blueberry, and have never even seen sugar cream pie in my life. But this act being passed really doesnt affect my life in any way whatsoever, no one here is forcing sugar cream pie on me, and I havent heard the state talk about sugar cream pie since this passing.

Baseball is our nations passtime. I actually hate baseball. I think its the most boring thing in the world. If I had my way, pro wrestling would be our passtime, as it is clearly more exciting than baseball. Again, it doesnt affect my life in anyway.

The bible being the states official book is not going to hurt them. Christians have to deal with things we think are wrong in our lives daily. As long as the people in that state arent suddenly forced to do things they dont want, I cant see it as a serious issue in anyway.

Oct 30, 2014
I dont see this as an act against anyones equal rights in any way. It changes no law. It forces nothing on anyone whatsoever. And Id be willing to bet most people there like the bible to begin with, so its probably not some small group pushing their views on anyone to begin with.

My state made sugar cream pie their official state pie. I STRONGLY prefer blueberry, and have never even seen sugar cream pie in my life. But this act being passed really doesnt affect my life in any way whatsoever, no one here is forcing sugar cream pie on me, and I havent heard the state talk about sugar cream pie since this passing.

Baseball is our nations passtime. I actually hate baseball. I think its the most boring thing in the world. If I had my way, pro wrestling would be our passtime, as it is clearly more exciting than baseball. Again, it doesnt affect my life in anyway.

The bible being the states official book is not going to hurt them. Christians have to deal with things we think are wrong in our lives daily. As long as the people in that state arent suddenly forced to do things they dont want, I cant see it as a serious issue in anyway.
It's about representation. There are millions of atheists, Hindus, Buddhists and such in America, and it is by constitutional definition a Constitutional Republic, wherein the government cannot respect an establishment of religion. Christianity has never been constitutionally called the national or even state religion, therefore making its text the official state book is an act of favour upon it; an act which if carried out would be preferring one religion over another.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
It's about representation. There are millions of atheists, Hindus, Buddhists and such in America, and it is by constitutional definition a Constitutional Republic, wherein the government cannot respect an establishment of religion. Christianity has never been constitutionally called the national or even state religion, therefore making its text the official state book is an act of favour upon it; an act which if carried out would be preferring one religion over another.
Its still not a big deal. My town has a gay pride festival every year. This does not represent our whole entire town, but we allow it anyway. Im sure their lives will not be affected by this at all.

Oct 30, 2014
Its still not a big deal. My town has a gay pride festival every year. This does not represent our whole entire town, but we allow it anyway. Im sure their lives will not be affected by this at all.
There's a difference. Your town hasn't officially legislated gay pride into its symbols and status. Let's say Anton Lavey's Satanist Bible was to become the official text of your state. Wouldn't you see a legal problem with that? I would.

It is preferring Laveyan Satanism over other religions and inaugurating into official symbols of state.

Mar 21, 2011
For the record... I am constantly baffled by people from other countries hanging around here and pontificating about how we should interpret our own constitution.
Ahhh you really don't know much about the world beyond your borders do you?

That's sad.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
These United States have borders?

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
There's a difference. Your town hasn't officially legislated gay pride into its symbols and status. Let's say Anton Lavey's Satanist Bible was to become the official text of your state. Wouldn't you see a legal problem with that? I would.

It is preferring Laveyan Satanism over other religions and inaugurating into official symbols of state.
Well, the bible is not allowed to be taught in schools, public property can no longer have Christian images on their property, people have grown to make a bug fuss about even saying "Merry Christmas", our state has stopped observing Good Friday in public schools and replaced it with Martin Luther King day (Do you believe that hed be okay with that?), people are literally being told by their state that because some people said they dont like it, they have to actually remove Christian imagery, like a cross, from their lawns. So having something like the satanic bible being the official book of my state? As long as my kids dont suddenly have to learn about it, and neither do I, then no I dont care at all :p Nothing in our country "represents" me, and Im not going to care as long as it doesnt get in the way of my worship of God.

And actually the gay pride thing does actually represent us in the same way. Its something that actually happens in our streets, and isnt just marked on some record somewhere that no one will ever really hear about again. Most people in our country dont even know what their official state bird is. But with the festivals, I have to explain to my children why its happening and how they should be careful to not fall into it themselves, and why they will be hated for merely saying they dont believe its Gods will. It kinda has a bigger impact than an official decision on"we like this book, lets put that on record".

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
I think it's a great idea!

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
IT's relevant, for reasons you seem far too closed minded or ignorant to understand. But if you go back and read my previous posts on the thread, maybe you can try to wrap your head around it.
I'm ignorant alright, and couldn't care less what liberal atheists think of me.

In fact, I couldn't care less what any liberal thinks of me.