Delays on M74 after dog 'drives' on to carriageway

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2013
Delays on M74 after dog 'drives' on to carriageway - BBC News
thats a scottish dog for you. lol
Delays were caused on a busy stretch of the M74 motorway after
reports of a dog "taking control of a tractor".

The incident - highlighted on Twitter by Traffic Scotland - took place at J13 at Abington, South Lanarkshire.
It later emerged that a sheepdog called Don, owned by farmer Tom Hamilton, had leaned on the controls of his utility vehicle, taking it on to the road.

[h=2]Dog puns[/h]The transport body tweeted: "M74 (N) J13-RTC due to dog taking control of tractor... nope, not joking. Farmer and police at scene, vehicle in central res."lol
Shortly afterwards Traffic Scotland provided the update: "M74 (N) at J13 - Route is clear from earlier incident and dog is fine. Has to be the weirdest thing we have ever reported! No delays in area."lol
Police said the vehicle had gone through a fence near the motorway at about 08:15.
The incident led to plenty of dog puns as people responded to Traffic Scotland's tweets.
Tony T wrote: "Police investigating, so far no leads," while Beverley Friend added: "This is barking."
Michelle Muirhead asked: "Will the dog have points on his licence? Was he breathalysed? Did police arrest him?"lol

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Are they sure the Sheepdog wasn't high jacked by an AirDale? (drum roll pls)

Jan 27, 2013
the m74 is a busy road, (main motor way for scotland to drive to england, and vise versa.) the good point no body was hurt. the ironic point a sheep dog driving the tractor, i must admit it made me laugh. lol
even with the dog puns as well. lol

Dec 18, 2013
Brings a whole new meaning to land rover. I wonder if either the tractor or the dog would be impounded. It could only get funnier if the tractor was a CAT. Okay, I will stop punning before this topic goes to the dogs.

Jan 27, 2013
The transport body tweeted: "M74 (N) J13-RTC due to dog taking control of tractor... nope, not joking. Farmer and police at scene, vehicle in central res."lol

Michelle Muirhead asked: "Will the dog have points on his licence? Was he breathalysed? Did police arrest him?"lol