Denominations.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sound

Im not religious, Im just a follower of Jesus.
Agreed!
I was...Methodist[I really dont know], but it got all confusing when I started going to Baptist Church.D:
We couldn't drink grape juice (with the bread thingy) we had to drink water when i was Methodist. and we couldn't eat lamb or pork. But the Baptist peoples are allowed to do that.
I just dont care anymore.D:

I'm a plain "Christian". As long as I'm with GOD or Jesus...or someone. >.>

J

Jono

Remember Jesus didn't preach denomination but repentance,turning to God,to love your God with all your soul,your mind and your heart and love your neighbour as yourself.
So we don't find any name of any kind of denomination in an Bible,but believe in Jesus as your savior and Lord of your life to get eternal life.
When people asks me what sort of denomination I'm come from I say,,,...... Jesus....I stand for Jesus and His believes.

H

HannahLeigh143

i agree!!!!

W

waterboy6515

I doubt God will care about specific denominations. Many of them don't even have big differences. I identify as a Protestant Christian just to be specific when meeting someone new.

J

johaannaa-a

HEY!
I'm thinkin and I'm startin to disagree w/ us Christians making big deals out of denominations.
Because honestly, do you think God cares about how we look at it as long as we give Him everything and we follow Him?
We're His bride, we love Him, why should it matter what we wear or how we look as long as we don't promote Satan/sin with it? I think He cares alot more about the conditions of our hearts.
I'm just sayin..
what do you think?
i really don't think that the denominations matters, they are just a way for a person to find his/her own perfect way of worship and praise God! :)
and...i agree with everything else you say!

Last edited:
S

SantoSubito

i really don't think that the denominations matters, they are just a way for a person to find his/her own perfect way of worship and praise God! :)
and...i agree with everything else you say!
That may be true within the realm of Protestantism, but Catholicism/Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy have vast doctrinal differences with Protestants. So I think it would be misleading to say that the Apostolic churches are just a different kind of worship when the differences are much vaster than that.

Jan 18, 2011
That may be true within the realm of Protestantism, but Catholicism/Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy have vast doctrinal differences with Protestants. So I think it would be misleading to say that the Apostolic churches are just a different kind of worship when the differences are much vaster than that.
I agree. For example, the Catholic church says that "[t]he plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."[1]

Muslims are in a false religion that says Jesus was created from dust (see Surah 3:59; see also John 1:3; Colossians 1:16; Genesis 1:1) and rejects the fact that Jesus is the Son of God who died for all mankind (Surah 4:157, 171; 5:17; 9:30; John 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:6). The Bible says,

23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. (1 John 2:23)

The Catholic church attributes salvation to the Muslims. This denies the words of Christ (John 14:6), and makes the Catholic way very broad (Matthew 7:13-14; Luke 13:24). They accept (as saved) even those who reject the Son of God (1 John 5:10).

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6)

[1] CCC, p. 223, #841

Jan 18, 2011
Any church or denomination (or person) that does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. (2 John 9)

R

REDMama

what do you think, it sounds like you already know.

the god who created the earth and made us human did not create denominations, to him, to the real God it is just a word, which when argued over brings alot of useless debates.

you're right, our hearts are more important, because if broken can lead to wrong living

think about sadness, divorce, miscarriage, lost hopes, it leads alot of us to cope and go out and drink, have sex, and do things that are not good. we can't always make sense of everything at all times, one brain to each human.