DERAILERS - A Discouragement or Mindless, Thoughtless Fun?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

richie_2uk

I have seen on many occasions on CC. when people are trying to encourage or to make a thread about something that is important to the OP that they want to share, ask or search for information or even to be encouraged, or seeking advice. My personal view on derailers are people has nothing better to do, than to thoughtlessl derail the subject for there own mindless pleasure. What are they getting out of it? I don't know. I do know one thing, it a discouragement to those who are genuinely seeking advice, or to look for information, or even to encourage others as we Christians are to do. So do we see this derailing fun, is an evil doing? Well no!, however it can allow and invite evil thoughts against a person, and that can lead divisions, arguments, sensitive comments and feedbacks, but most of all, allow the enemy in to stir trouble. Those people who derail, who see the effect it will have on other people, and will see it as harmless fun. But if the shoes were on the other foot sort to say, maybe it will be a different matter, maybe then they will see the effects it can cause.

As Christians, on a Christian website. Can we do with such people who do this for there so called fun? Well my personal thought is NO! We can do far better with less of these people. I'm not making this a big issue, nor am I making this an evil or bad thing. I admit it does sound worse than what it is. However I am Just merely pointing out the effects that derailers can cause because of the thoughtless so called fun they do.

But that's my personal view on it. How much that this sort of thing is a pain to you and to others, is of your own personal thoughts on the matter. If this is however starting to grit your mind, and start to annoy. maybe you can approach the admin and have a quiet word, and say look this is now getting out of hand, and is there a way to calm these thoughtless minds who call it fun to derail people's threads and OP's. Otherwise this will go on and on and will escalate, and a trend will start and then before you know, CC will have a more of a problem to deal with.

The Admin and Site founder of CC is trying to make this site a good site, for Christians of all denominations, of all faith's and belief's, and religions to come to a place were they can commune, and to chat Not argue or fight, and say my religions better than yours or you should believe this or that. But when you see these derailers derailing people's threads, it's now starting to be NOT fun anymore.

All people want to do, is either encourage one another, or to share a thought, or to share there opinions.

This is of my own personal thought on this matter. So if any negative derailers want to mock, point the finger or to be nasty in there comments. Direct them to me. However I will ignore them, so its up to you if you want to waste your time.

But if anyone wants to share there personal view on this matter, please do. But do it in a manner of your own thoughts about it. Not to point finger on names as to who the derailers are. don't give them the satisfaction and credit saying there names.

God deserve all the glory. And in these last days, we need to encourage each other all the more. Not cause people to derail there own focus on there God who they believe in.

My question is: Derailers: A Discouragement or Mindless, thoughtless fun?

R

richie_2uk

Derailers: A Discouragement or Mindless, thoughtless fun?

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I think in some threads, a derailment is a nice distraction. Especially some of the threads in the single's forum that were designed to be silly. However, any serious thread wherein someone is asking for help or advice should never be derailed for mindless pleasure.

W

wwjd_kilden

Depends on the topic of the thread and in what way the thread is derailed.
Sometimes people even derail their own threads.
Sometimes someone asks a question about something they don't understand, and the answer to it ends up as derailing.

- i doubt people derail a thread to cause offense to the OP

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
When I see a thread that is no longer about the cause of the Lord but rather war thread people go to argue because they are bored or because they simply do not like or agree with the op i will become a derailer only to remind people we must treat others with kindness love and respect as Jesus would. Of course no one listens and would rather argue but we have to least try right?

R

richie_2uk

Ok keep this coming! I like to see what other people think and there thoughts on this subject. So far. its good to see people given there thoughts without sounding they want to argue. this is good. Lets keep this going. So the question is for those who wants to share there thoughts, is?¬

Derailers: A Discouragement? or just Mindless, Thoughtless Fun?

For those who want to add there thought on the matter. Please share, but with out arguments, or without comments that will cause effect. So far so good. Again the question is? Derailers: A Discouragement? or just Mindless, Thoughtless Fun?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I believe some people do become derailers just to be a derailer for fun or just because they are bored. But some people don't mean any harm by it. I have seen some threads be about one subject then takes an about face and turns into another subject. some out of pure intentions others just to be rude. So it depends on the person, if someone knows a derailer well enough to know they mean no harm they need to speak up for that person. If someone knows a derailer well enough to know they are not doing it for a good cause they need to confront this person( and not because they simply do not like the person as many people do)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
When I see a thread that is no longer about the cause of the Lord but rather war thread people go to argue because they are bored or because they simply do not like or agree with the op i will become a derailer only to remind people we must treat others with kindness love and respect as Jesus would. Of course no one listens and would rather argue but we have to least try right?
Ummmm ........ I've seen you derail threads and be disrespectful to others because you don't agree with them. I don't see that as kind.