Describe a date that turned out about as well as locking a fox in a henhouse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

we met at Applebees, and, I was never told she was bringing anyone along but she brought her best friend and her husband . It was awkward from the start and I was trying to enjoy myself but, for one thing, I got the applebee's signature ribs and they stuck to the roof of my mouth and all over my mouth and tasted horrible. I got something else free but it was no good either, forget what it was.

So horrible food, and this did not go over well with her I don't think, she thought I just complained a lot, I'm guessing. And, also, I could just not strike any conversation with this girl I'd e-harmony spoke with for about 3 months and we clicked all over the place on the computer screen chit-chatting.

For the life of me, I don't know why she brought friends with her without telling me. Does this sound strange to you too? Or, am I now greennstrange to you forevermore :D

Needless to say, and, OH, I did hit it off well with her best friend's husband, he and I got along g-rrr-eat, I was able to make jokes with him and we both laughed, even his wife, but, yeah, needless to say, no good connection with the girl I was there to see. I wouldn't have minded her friends coming either, I don't want anyone taking this wrong . It was simply the fact that I was not told beforehand. :(

If I would have been told, 'I'm bringing my best friend and her husband,' I would have had no problem with it, I'm sure, that was just the Lord's leading, it was nearly awful overall date, from the food to the inability to converse with her which stemmed, I'm sure, from just wondering why she couldn't have told me beforehand her friends were coming.

Maybe, this is why I don't date :D

The Lord leads :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 25, 2005
On the first date this lady informed me her entire family family suffered from bi-polar disorder.

I thought she was hott so I asked her out on a second date, but I was 19 at the time...

Jul 25, 2005
Not saying anything about 19 year olds. I wasn't a wise one. Be a better 19 year old than Ritter was by heeding the lesson of his bad example.

C

Catlynn

It was a warm summer afternoon. We met at the bowling alley. I kicked his butt. He asked if I wanted to go to dinner, I agreed. His entire life's purpose is to make money, so he talked about how everyone else (including me) should also make that their life's purpose. He tried to order for me because he thought that was what men were supposed to do. He told me what his version of being the spiritual leader of the household looked like (at dinner.....on our first date) and pretty much...it was making lots of money, he tried to make me become a runner like he was (I hated running at the time), he wasn't understanding at ALL about my situation with taking care of a special needs kid and being a single mother. He talked about previous sexual conquests (at dinner....ON OUR FIRST DATE!), and then he tried to get me to go out for ice cream (he really didn't want this date to end....which I can understand, since all he did was talk about himself and what he wanted/believed/did/cared about. Then he tried to kiss me as I was getting out of the car and I turned away and gave him the cold shoulder. He asked me out again but I told him no thanks, I didn't think it would work. We care about completely different things in life. Then he tried to get me to memorize scripture with him via text over the next week or so.....o_O yeah...no thanks.

G

GreenNnice

On the first date this lady informed me her entire family family suffered from bi-polar disorder.

I thought she was hott so I asked her out on a second date, but I was 19 at the time...
That's an interesting thing to say by her on your first date with her, ritt, quite likely, she was not into you, not even one little bit, ritt . And, why not , I do not know, your quite the conversationalist for the ladies on c.c. when you are here speaking, erudite, worldly, and, living for God, too. That's quite a combination for most any Chrisitian girl to like, I think. :)

But, yeah, you say you asked her out a 2nd date, did she say yes? My presumptions could be wrong, it sounds like.
Or, maybe telling you her family was manic-depressive was her really liking you and being real honest, to see if you would like her for who she was and what kind of a family you would be getting to know. Seems premature to bring that out though, THE FIRST DATE .

It was a warm summer afternoon. We met at the bowling alley. I kicked his butt. He asked if I wanted to go to dinner, I agreed. His entire life's purpose is to make money, so he talked about how everyone else (including me) should also make that their life's purpose. He tried to order for me because he thought that was what men were supposed to do. He told me what his version of being the spiritual leader of the household looked like (at dinner.....on our first date) and pretty much...it was making lots of money, he tried to make me become a runner like he was (I hated running at the time), he wasn't understanding at ALL about my situation with taking care of a special needs kid and being a single mother. He talked about previous sexual conquests (at dinner....ON OUR FIRST DATE!), and then he tried to get me to go out for ice cream (he really didn't want this date to end....which I can understand, since all he did was talk about himself and what he wanted/believed/did/cared about. Then he tried to kiss me as I was getting out of the car and I turned away and gave him the cold shoulder. He asked me out again but I told him no thanks, I didn't think it would work. We care about completely different things in life. Then he tried to get me to memorize scripture with him via text over the next week or so.....o_O yeah...no thanks.
Uck and yuck and uck and yuck all over, catty. I think this guy just knew he was with a nice girl and he was obviously attracted to you and just put his foot in his mouth and his arm and his....... And, yeah, he just slobbered all over himself, in so many ways, I think, guys do that sometimes just because they are trying to impress the girl with what she wants to hear and the Lord will lead you, in the immortal words of Shrek, far, far, away, from guys of that nature.

Important, therefore, we pray before God before going on a date, for His protection over us, that we will do as He says and that we will accept whatever happens happens, but it's going to be good because we WANT to follow Him and know the bible and know the Lord lives and breathes and acts from inside us, His Spirit indwelling, helping us through tough things of life, like FIRST DATES, and, comforting us when things we expected to go g-r-r-r-reat go horribly not so.

D

djness

Z

zaoman32

5 years of marriage...

The whole thing was just one big mess. Tried breaking up with her several times while we were dating but to no avail. She'd cry to my mom and sisters and they'd tell me to fix it. I took that to mean "get over it and get back together" but come to find out it actually meant "deal with it so we don't have to". And apparently my family giving me weird looks when she was around was them telling me it was a bad idea...anyway. Long story short, married someone I definitely shouldn't have, and now that we're divorced I wondered what the crap I was thinking. In the midst of this marriage I ended up finding myself in anger management classes, where all the other guys also had crappy marriages, but one guy said something that really stuck out to me. "When you've been with a certain person for a while the abnormal becomes normal and you don't even recognize the abnormal anymore." And that really describes what my marriage was, and it was scary. Scary that it was so easy to get snared into a relationship like that, and that it actually seemed normal to me. Heck I still get shocked when I see married couples who are actually really happy and supportive of each other. So, word to the wise, if you feel the need to break of a bf/gf relationship...more than once, you should probably break it off.

Last edited:

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Amen to Zaoman's last sentence. I can't recall one single thread here in which the OP asked if he/she should break up with his/her bf/gf that didn't get a resounding "YES! RUN FAR AWAY!!!", and for very good reason. If you have to ask, you should almost surely leave.

Sorry you went through all that, Mike :/.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
I honestly can't think of one, and not to troll, but...as for your thread title, it worked out well for the fox. ^_~

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I went on a double date with my ex, his best friend, and his best friend's girl. The best friend and girlfriend weren't saved, but respected the fact that my ex and I were.

I got along really with my ex's friends. I didn't judge them, I listened, and took the situation in stride. My ex and I had only been together a short time... like a few months. So when my ex got up to use the restroom, his best friend looked me dead in the eye and said, "You're too good for him. He's an [expletive] and you should bail now. I'll even take him home." His girlfriend nodded her head and said, "Yeah, you're way too good for him." My ex returned and it was really quiet at the table. I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I just sat there. My ex got all paranoid and started to ask what we said while he was gone, and his best friend told him! Needless to say, the date ended there, we paid and left. The ride home was awkward and I was debating whether or not to believe his best friend.

Being stupid, I continued to date my ex for a while. In the end, his best friend was right and I should have listened.

C

Catlynn

Whoa...how nice of them to warn you though! I don't feel that that would be the norm...

T

tiffanystx

I think if you don't know the person well, a first 'date' is best kept short...like meeting at Starbucks or something. That way, if it's a disaster, you don't have to suffer through four courses. ;)

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
we met at Applebees, and, I was never told she was bringing anyone along but she brought her best friend and her husband . It was awkward from the start and I was trying to enjoy myself but, for one thing, I got the applebee's signature ribs and they stuck to the roof of my mouth and all over my mouth and tasted horrible. I got something else free but it was no good either, forget what it was.

So horrible food, and this did not go over well with her I don't think, she thought I just complained a lot, I'm guessing. And, also, I could just not strike any conversation with this girl I'd e-harmony spoke with for about 3 months and we clicked all over the place on the computer screen chit-chatting.

For the life of me, I don't know why she brought friends with her without telling me. Does this sound strange to you too? Or, am I now greennstrange to you forevermore :D

Needless to say, and, OH, I did hit it off well with her best friend's husband, he and I got along g-rrr-eat, I was able to make jokes with him and we both laughed, even his wife, but, yeah, needless to say, no good connection with the girl I was there to see. I wouldn't have minded her friends coming either, I don't want anyone taking this wrong . It was simply the fact that I was not told beforehand. :(

If I would have been told, 'I'm bringing my best friend and her husband,' I would have had no problem with it, I'm sure, that was just the Lord's leading, it was nearly awful overall date, from the food to the inability to converse with her which stemmed, I'm sure, from just wondering why she couldn't have told me beforehand her friends were coming.

Maybe, this is why I don't date :D

The Lord leads :)

I wanted to let you know, the last time I was at Applebee's I had the ribs, they were disgusting. So don't feel you're the only one who complained about the ribs, yuck.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
This was a long time ago, I've been married 14 years, so this date was probably almost 20 years ago.

I had previously gone on a date with this guy and it went really well, so he picked me up at my Apt. He was sitting on the couch and asked if I had any pictures of my family, I said yes and pulled out a little album to show him. All of a sudden he says, I'm bored can we leave now. Well that was lovely, so he asks if I'm hungry and I say, no I had dinner. Then he asks if I mind if he pulls into Burger King to get a burger, no that's fine. At the time I was a vegetarian and he knew this. He get's his burger and shoves it into my face and asks, want a bite? I told him that wasn't funny.

We decide to go to the beach to watch the sunset, I should have said take me home, but I didn't. We are talking everything is fine then it starts to get really windy, so he's running in his sneakers in the sand and I am trying to run in flip flops in the sand. He looks at me and says, you run so slowly, you should work out with me. For some stupid reason I continue with this date, he lives with his parents and we go to his house, me thinking his parents are home. Well surprise, surprise they aren't. We watch this stupid movie, then he tries a move on me and I say no, I need to leave now. Then his parents come home, (thank God) and they are the nicest people. So I ask him to take me home. When I get there I ask, did you try to make this a horrible date? If so you did a great job. He was insulted and I said, sorry but you were rude to me the entire time. I said goodbye and left.

The dude calls me the next day, now this guy was a couple of years younger then me. I say, you know I don't think we should date anymore. He says, is it my age. I just said, yes it's your age. I didn't want to be mean, but get a clue!!!!!

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I went on a double date with my ex, his best friend, and his best friend's girl. The best friend and girlfriend weren't saved, but respected the fact that my ex and I were.

I got along really with my ex's friends. I didn't judge them, I listened, and took the situation in stride. My ex and I had only been together a short time... like a few months. So when my ex got up to use the restroom, his best friend looked me dead in the eye and said, "You're too good for him. He's an [expletive] and you should bail now. I'll even take him home." His girlfriend nodded her head and said, "Yeah, you're way too good for him." My ex returned and it was really quiet at the table. I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I just sat there. My ex got all paranoid and started to ask what we said while he was gone, and his best friend told him! Needless to say, the date ended there, we paid and left. The ride home was awkward and I was debating whether or not to believe his best friend.

Being stupid, I continued to date my ex for a while. In the end, his best friend was right and I should have listened.

I always continued dating a jerk. I was a jerk magnet for a long time.