DHS IG: WMD, 'potential instruments of terrorism' may be entering U.S. by rail

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Watchdog: 'Potential instruments of terrorism' could be slipping into US on rail shipments

WASHINGTON – Weapons of mass destruction and "potential instruments of terrorism" could be at risk of entering the country through cargo rail shipments, according to a new watchdog report.

The scathing inspector general investigation claims Customs and Border Protection agents working at ports of entry aren't properly screening rail cargo coming in from Mexico and Canada. In turn, CBP cannot say for sure whether they made the right move in releasing various "high-risk" shipments into the U.S.

CBP policy requires port inspectors to use "large-scale non-intrusive inspection equipment" to scan shipments that its automated system flags as high risk. This process is supposed to let inspectors screen cargo for everything from drugs to weapons to other contraband.
Our borders leak like sieves and all our "protectors" can do is twiddle their thumbs and give an "okie dokie," perhaps as a low-grade primitive nuke goes by in a rail car.

djness

May 16, 2014
It is alarming, however I can understand in a numbers oriented world why it is happening.
For instance my parents mail delivery will no longer bring mail to their house even though they are sick because the exact location of the mail truck is tracked, they can be fired if it breaks route.

A social worker today was telling me she needs X number of completion units a week to be paid.

When I worked for Gateway years ago we needed X number of machines ''fixed per day'' that did not count diagnosing or any other work we did.

We are in a units completed driven society to keep investors happy. I imagine these workers are being told they have a quota of containers to be shipped and on top of that scanned. I'm sure it is difficult to get both done. Not impossible, but difficult.

Yes maybe somebody else could be hired for the job if they are to slow but eventually the human component would have to be removed as it is in many fields in order to stay competitive.

I wonder if some vast array of scanners could be installed at points along the tracks....most likely could but $$$$$ is always the factor for letting things slide.