Diamond rings, sports things...What do you VALUE in life? Something is needed.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

What something is needed in your life for it to carry value?

Do guys/girls provide it for you? That one thing that is soooo needed, do you NEED it or else you are just not :)

How does God fit in?? Materially, can He if you're needing 'things?'

Scripture tells us what about here storing up things?

How do you think you could rework your values to be :) without needing things?

Do you think an understanding of this 'value' concept (not from my thread, necessarily) could make you understand how to SHOP differently in life, or, how to go about your life SPORTING different things?

Does this thread have a resounding ring ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

Things I need in my life:
God
Family
Love
Music

Things I want in my life:
Shoes
Ford Mustangs
Chocolate
Firearms
Gummybears
Strawberries
Flowers
Dogs
CC
Ballet
Books

G

GreenNnice

Things I need in my life:
God
Family
Love
Music

Things I want in my life:
Shoes
Ford Mustangs
Chocolate
Firearms
Gummybears
Strawberries
Flowers
Dogs
CC
Ballet
Books

But, really, what this thread is going for is that guys and gals realize that their life, IF it is so BENT on ETERNAL THINGS, then all the necklaces, cars, sex, power, money, rock and roll will become way lower on the CURVE of want, in fact, they won't be NEEDED . :)

Give God's stuff that He WILL give you after you die FIRST priority and the other stuff-temporal stuff-will all seem less important of......

value :)

Valueless as opposed to priceless - Which one do you want ? (Need?) :)

L

Liz01

I think that we need to put our eyes and purpose of our life in Jesus, and to search for our satisfaction in God through the bible, prayers and other actions as a consecuence of our love to God and not in the material things Luke 12:15 "...life does not consist in an abundance of possessions"

But i think too that its good to enjoy the material things that God gives us and prosperity seems to be a consecuence (but not a requirement) of the people who fear God (like Psamls 112 say).

I think that its very important too in what we use the material things because all the material things can be good if we use them with wisdom, to help others and to the purpose or ministry to God.

J

Jullianna

But, really, what this thread is going for is that guys and gals realize that their life, IF it is so BENT on ETERNAL THINGS, then all the necklaces, cars, sex, power, money, rock and roll will become way lower on the CURVE of want, in fact, they won't be NEEDED . :)

Give God's stuff that He WILL give you after you die FIRST priority and the other stuff-temporal stuff-will all seem less important of......

value :)

Valueless as opposed to priceless - Which one do you want ? (Need?) :)
The needs I listed ARE the things I value. :)

The wants are just gravy.

G

GreenNnice

I think that we need to put our eyes and purpose of our life in Jesus, and to search for our satisfaction in God through the bible, prayers and other actions as a consecuence of our love to God and not in the material things Luke 12:15 "...life does not consist in an abundance of possessions"

But i think too that its good to enjoy the material things that God gives us and prosperity seems to be a consecuence (but not a requirement) of the people who fear God (like Psamls 112 say).

I think that its very important too in what we use the material things because all the material things can be good if we use them with wisdom, to help others and to the purpose or ministry to God.
Yes, God will bless you manyfold for using His 'fold' given for good, glory work . :)
_________
Now, for the boldfaced area, and, you , lizzytheone (julieannie too) may want to.plug your ears :D

*green singing: TURN your eyes upon Jeeeeee sus. Look full in His won-der-ful face. And, the joy we share as we tarry there, in the light of His mercy and grace. :)

The needs I listed ARE the things I value. :)

The wants are just gravy.
LOL. The icing on the shoes, eh, julieannie :D
______
Amen, beautiful needs, milady, God first and the Lord leads all below. :)

Last edited by a moderator: