Did Judas commit suicide, or was he murdered?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EarsToHear

Jan 14, 2016
Matthew 27:4-5
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Acts 1:18; Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He hung himself, and when his body fell dead from the noose it split open.
That is one reasonable explanation that merges the texts, each of which
by themself are not full descriptions of how Judas died.

E

ember

Judas was murdered by satan

satan put the thoughts into his head to betray Jesus...actually, it went back much farther...Jesus called him a devil at one time..

Judas hung himself but I don't think there is any such thing as unassisted suicide...and I don't mean humans helping out with the death wish

so yup..Judas was murdered

decimate away :eek:

R

ramx2016

HA! I was thinking about this last week...

The question IS.... was Judas afforded free will in betraying Jesus? I mean SOMEONE had to do it right? And it was going to happen...

Okay I need coffee... love these morning chats!

A

E

eternally-gratefull

HA! I was thinking about this last week...

The question IS.... was Judas afforded free will in betraying Jesus? I mean SOMEONE had to do it right? And it was going to happen...

Okay I need coffee... love these morning chats!

A

The people start to pick of stones.......One man says, "If this keeps up there will be a stoning today, The lord has predetermined it"

You better run to get that coffee..
:p and then maybe hide for a few?? lol

R

ramx2016

The people start to pick of stones.......One man says, "If this keeps up there will be a stoning today, The lord has predetermined it"

You better run to get that coffee..
:p and then maybe hide for a few?? lol
You know daddy loves him some early morning controversy.... :)

Am I seriously the first Christian to ask this?

It's like saying Judas is in Hell for what he did...

And with that, I'll be in the bomb shelter... :)

A

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Is there any validity to Judas being connected to the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2:3?

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Feb 11, 2016
I had a hard time snipping this study down to the correct place, but just adding a small part, there seems to be a pattern in Psalam 109 speaking of Judas , but look at the last two verses (the psalm and Acts) the two speak of the bowels of a man, in one what went in and in the other what went out.

Like if you start here

Judas said,

Mat 26:15 What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?

And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

Whereas it says,

Duet 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Judas when he did so said,

Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. T

he psalm also said concerning him this

Psalm 109:7 *When* he shall be judged, let him be **condemned**:

Then here it says,

Mat 27:3a **Then** Judas, which had betrayed him, when he **saw** that he **was condemned** repented himself, (divided verse)

Again,

Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And he received a price, it also says, in that same psalm,

Psalm 109:11 Let **the extortioner** catch all that *he hath*

And so we see Judas ...

Mat 27:3b (divided) brought *again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders

Which would speak to *the heart*

Mat 23:25 ...for *within* they are full of *extortion* and excess.

Whereas it also says,

Psalm 109:12 Let there be none to extend *mercy* unto him

Mat 5:27 And *they* said,

What is that to us? see thou to *that*.

Even in respects to his days it says...

Psalm 109:8a.....Let his days be *few*.

And so...

Mat 27:5... Judas went and *hanged* himself.

Acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms,

Let his habitation be desolate,

And likewise to them...

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

In respects to his office it says...

Psalm 109:8b...and let another take his office.

So they cast lots...

Acts 1:26 ...and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

In the same psalm and Acts are shown the bowels of one, for example here,

In Psalm 109 it mentions someones bowels here

Psalm 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

And mentions Judas bowels here likewise

Acts 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Theres more but I just thought to post this particular part.

Last edited:

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
It was both. Judas murdered himself.