Did Satan really know are thoughts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kookierz_03

Jan 17, 2011
Hello Good day son and daughter of God. I just only want to ask Did really satan know are thoughts??
Cause for me God only knows our thought but others say satan too..

Thank you and Godbless..

U

Ugly

Nothing in the bible says Satan can read our thoughts. But we are not entirely aware of what he can see going on in the spiritual realms that might indicate things. Not to mention he's had 1000's of years learning how to read, understand and impact humanity as a whole, and even individuals (this would go for demons as well).

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
kookierz, Satan can manipulate our thoughts to make us think negative things, so it would make sense that he can also read our thoughts so he can anticipate what we will do so he can thwart it before it happens. That is just my opinion. :)

May 3, 2013
I have heard he knows what he has seen operating in us (particularly those that are sins). I don´t think he knows my mind, though he might have develope his schemes, largely, in humanity, since the beginnig: He knew we wanted to be "like" God, and selfwilled.

Of course, he knows his ways, as well as his demons. I raterh like to pray mentaly, to avoid my ideas or thought be "taken" in the air. Dan 9:21 And I was still speaking in prayer, and the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, in my weariness touched me at the time of the evening offering. Dan 9:22 And he instructed me and he spoke with me and he said, "Daniel I have now come out to teach you understanding.
Dan 9:23 At the beginning of your pleas for mercy, a word went out, and now I have come to declare it, for you are highly esteemed, and so consider the word and understand the vision.

Dan 10:12 Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.

Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—

K

kennethcadwell

I don't know if he can read minds, but he knows how to deceive us through lies and finding out our weaknesses to use against us. Plus there are those who try to place satan on the same level as God, but they fail to understand or realize that satan was one of God's creation as well. No creation can be as great as the creator.

Hello Good day son and daughter of God. I just only want to ask Did really satan know are thoughts??

Thank you and Godbless..

G

GentleServant

Thank you and Godbless..
No Scripture saying that he can....but satan is the one tempted eve to ate the fruit in garden of eden....i'm pretty sure, he does not know eve's thought but he knows the situation there (Eve is not yet there when God gave the instruction to Adam not to eat the fruit of knowledge of good and evil). So he used this situation to deceive Eve.

Other thing, if he can read mind or know the thoughts of a person, he would have not tempted Jesus Christ in the wilderness (of course Jesus Christ is perfect, He will not give in to temptations)

If satan knows human thoughts, when God asked satan that if he considered Job, satan could have said that "No i will not consider Job because he is faithful to You" but he(satan) didn't say that, satan still consider Job. If satan can read the mind of Job he will know that Job is faithful and righteous.

In Conclusion, Satan cannot read our thoughts but satan knew our sinful nature and use the situation were in (+ his lies) to deceive us. That is why we need the Word of God deep in our hearts and His guidance so that we can discern what is true and what is not and we may not sin against God. Meditate the Bible everyday. Hope it helps you firmly hold what you believe. God Bless po sa iyo. Ingat. :)

R

rebecca7

One thing I know. That God is the only One can truly knows what's going on in our thoughts. In Revelation 2:23 says, that it is Jesus who searches the hearts of men and examines our minds, and He is God.

The enemy never knows our thoughts, but throws to us these fiery darts of lies, lust, and wicked thoughts. The accuser of the brethren going back and forth and accuse us day and night.

But we need the power of locked steady gaze and set our eyes fixed to Jesus, whose eyes like a flame of fire and has zeal in His eyes. God is not a God faraway, not too mysterious hard to find.

No angels, no demons and no men can ever ever convinced God concerning us.

Take heed! There's only One sets of eyes, One Voice, and One Audience in the arena of our soul. He is All-Knowing-God and at the end of the day His words will only matter.

God bless you brethren :)

Baruch Hashem Adonai!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Brighthouse

Sister Kiookierz _03 It is impossible for him to know your thoughts! If he could of read the mind of Jesus he sure could have saved himself a great deal of embarrassment!!! LOL Just remember how you choose to use your words in out loud prayer! Words he sure can, and will use to have an opportunity against any of us!!( eph 4:27)

If i say to you, I am going to the store then the enemy also know where I am going. From our actions of habit,he can also surmise what we intend to do,but he never does know until we speak it,or do it. Hope that helps you sis! A great example is presented in Matt 4:1-11 when he was tempting Jesus,if he knew before he tempted why would he bother??He is not stupid at all!

Also remember when Jesus was hidden as a baby? Had he known, he would of had the King just go to where he was hidden.( Matt 2:13-16) Notice Joseph never spoke this to anyone! The Word says he got up and took the child and His mother, who never asked either!! LOL I wanted to give you an example as well,because any answer to me should always deal with the Word of God to confirm my own words. amen!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If you study your bible, and study psychology, you can know what most people are thinking by their words and actions.

Matthew 12:34 "... out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

Matthew 7:20 "... by their fruits ye shall know them."

It isn't really that hard to figure people out.

Satan has been around a long time... he knows the bible, and psychology, to a degree far beyond any of us.

It doesn't require "mind reading" to know what someone is thinking.

JCluvsme

Jan 9, 2013
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

i don't think so satan know your thoughts..maybe he knows your past..only God knows your future..

A

Angel0401

unlike God who is omniscient, Satan didn't know our thoughts and will never be.