DID YOU KNOW?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
How about a Ripleys believe it or not type thread...unusual facts etc.etc.?

My wife just asked me, "Did you know that the words

SILENT
LISTEN

have the same letters?

(So that gave me the idea of this thread)

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Interesting!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Otto is spelled the same forward and backward.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
ok, but it doesn't have to just be about words, it can involve strange facts, experiences, the unusual etc.

Mar 18, 2011
1: Evian water spelled backwards is Naive.

2: If you enlarged a cockroach to the size of a nascar it would reach speeds of over 200 miles per hour.

3: Dawn dishwashing liquid generously mixed with water kills wasps because they breathe through their exoskeletons and the mucousy substance suffocates them.

4: Water in toilet bowls swirl in different directions depending on if you are in the Northern or the southern hemisphere.

5: Sperm whales collapse their lungs enabling them to dive deeper than human submarines (which are shaped like sperm whales)

6: certain species of scorpions can be frozen over night- taken from the freezer and after they thaw out can walk away.

7: Owls have special feathers that allow them to fly absolutely silent.

8: The longest living tree today is named Methuselah is almost 5,000 years old.

9: racecar spells racecar both forwards and backwards

10: largemouth bass see in color in the daytime and black and white at night.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
1: Evian water spelled backwards is Naive.

2: If you enlarged a cockroach to the size of a nascar it would reach speeds of over 200 miles per hour.

3: Dawn dishwashing liquid generously mixed with water kills wasps because they breathe through their exoskeletons and the mucousy substance suffocates them.

4: Water in toilet bowls swirl in different directions depending on if you are in the Northern or the southern hemisphere.

5: Sperm whales collapse their lungs enabling them to dive deeper than human submarines (which are shaped like sperm whales)

6: certain species of scorpions can be frozen over night- taken from the freezer and after they thaw out can walk away.

7: Owls have special feathers that allow them to fly absolutely silent.

8: The longest living tree today is named Methuselah is almost 5,000 years old.

9: racecar spells racecar both forwards and backwards

10: largemouth bass see in color in the daytime and black and white at night.
Exactly the type of posts I was thinking of. I'll avoid eating frozen scorpions.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Premature Rapture?

In 1930 all 30 inhabitants of an eskimo village outside of churchill, canada disappeared without a trace. the village was left intact complete with dogs, food, guns, empty graves, and even a needlework project in progress.

http://unmyst3.blogspot.com/2012/08/mystery-of-anjikuni-village.html

Last edited:

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Premature Rapture?

In 1930 all 30 inhabitants of an eskimo village outside of churchill, canada disappeared without a trace. the village was left intact complete with dogs, food, guns, and even a needlework project in progress.

http://unmyst3.blogspot.com/2012/08/mystery-of-anjikuni-village.html
Elvis picked them up.

O

oldthennew

I heard that a great multitude will be invited to a feast,
and that the least shall be great,
you'll probably hate yourself if you don't come.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
............that Psychologists agree in saying one out of every three people in America have some sort of emotional/mental disorder? Yup..........that's what they say........

So, I got to thinking about this and came to the following conclusion......

I'm ok, uh, and so am I, but we ain't sure about you........