Dinosaurs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Adidas

How does Christianity explain dinosaur fossils? The Bible is an account from the beginning of time, supposedly, so why aren't dinosaurs mentioned? Also, nowhere in the story of God making the Earth in 7 days did it mention that he placed dinosaur fossils, so we can be sure he didn't place them there.

Oct 1, 2009
Actually fossils are very much explained by creationists, all you have to do is go to the source and look up the info they provide. Very rich material to draw from.

W

wwjd_kilden

the bible does f.ex talk about Leviathan, a huge sea monster, and another creature with a tail "like cedar wood" :) search for dinosaurs, there should be at least two or three other threads on this/ evolution around

C

cranhurst

The taxon Dinosauria was formally named in 1842 by English paleontologist Richard Owen, who used it to refer to the "distinct tribe or sub-order of Saurian Reptiles" that were then being recognized in England and around the world so it is no srpze that the Bibel which was composed from many texts prior does not use the word.

H

Hero777

There's a good book for this topic. Its called Dinosaurs and Creation by Donald B. DeYoung.It answers alot of questions relating to dinosaurs and such . Its a good book. He has several other books as well.

A

Adidas

the bible does f.ex talk about Leviathan, a huge sea monster, and another creature with a tail "like cedar wood" :) search for dinosaurs, there should be at least two or three other threads on this/ evolution around
That is a very vague description to say the least.
</div> </div>\n"; }

W

wwjd_kilden

That is a very vague description to say the least.
</div> </div>\n"; }

15“Look at the behemoth,a
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!
17His tailb sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
18His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.
19He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.
20The hills bring him their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21Under the lotus plants he lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround him.
23When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.
24Can anyone capture him by the eyes,c
or trap him and pierce his nose?

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
i would suggest looking up ken hamm answers in genesis it is great for most of thtis kind of stuff

K

KIBL

Once again, Young earth Creation is supported by the evidence. Dinosaur fossils with SOFT tissue (proteins) have been discovered. What does this mean, you migth ask? Well, for years secular scientists have told us proteins cannot last more than 100,000 years, so how could dinosaurs have gone extinct 70 million years ago if their soft tissue still remains??? The answer is, they couldn't have.
Obviously, like all of God's creation, dinosaurs were created within the last 6000 years. Once again, the evidence supports God's word.

Peace

S

studentofgod

I heard there are many cave drawing around the world with crud pictures of dinosaurs proving that man and dinosaur lived together
there is allot of things you get taught in school that are not true

Mar 26, 2010
www.drdino.com Will explain everything, as well as his free videos can be found here www.freehovind.com

He will blow your mind with all the knowledge he has about our world, and have all doubts about evolution gone forever!

W

wwjd_kilden

drdino is a cool site (at least it was, haven't been there in ages)

O

OnDMT

How does Christianity explain dinosaur fossils? The Bible is an account from the beginning of time, supposedly, so why aren't dinosaurs mentioned? Also, nowhere in the story of God making the Earth in 7 days did it mention that he placed dinosaur fossils, so we can be sure he didn't place them there.
No one on this forum will agree with me, but Genesis is about much more than how the Earth was created. In fact, I would argue it has nothing to do with how the Earth was created or where life came from. It's about Man specifically, and his place in the world.

Dinosaurs existed before humans did. Most went extinct. Their bones were fossilized. A few Maniraptorans adapted to survive and those are the ancestors of modern birds. The Bible, as has been stated, does in fact mention dinosaurs.

Last edited:
J

Jordan9

OnDMT, I more or less agree.

Also, dinosaurs are awesome. This thread has given me the strong desire to watch Jurassic Park again. RAAAAAR!

Oct 1, 2009
No one on this forum will agree with me, but Genesis is about much more than how the Earth was created. In fact, I would argue it has nothing to do with how the Earth was created or where life came from. It's about Man specifically, and his place in the world.

Dinosaurs existed before humans did. Most went extinct. Their bones were fossilized. A few Maniraptorans adapted to survive and those are the ancestors of modern birds. The Bible, as has been stated, does in fact mention dinosaurs.
I would slightly differ, the very first verse says specifically...
Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
The reason Genesis says in the beginning, is so that Revelation says...
Rev 21:5 And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
Rev 21:6 And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.
Genesis is the beginning of Creation, Revelation is the wrapping up of creation. Even though Revelation is the culmination of the bible it is the very very beginning of eternity. It is the title page as far as Eternity is concerned.
But as for Dinosaurs in Genesis it says they were created on the same day as man. According to evolution you have two problems. Number 1 is that Dinosaurs existed before Man. According to Romans 5:14 Death reigned from Adam onwards. Meaning that death happened after Adam's fall, if Evolution is true you have death before death. Number 2 is that according to evolution dinosaurs became birds. In the bible birds were first then dinosaurs.

Evolution and Creation contradict each other. There is much more to say but that's creationism 101.

L

Leeshie

Yeah sorry, I put them there. My bad... Sorry I didn't tell anyone to put it in the bible ;D

K

KIBL

Birds did not descend from dinosaurs, scientists claim after studying how our feathered friends move and breathe.

It has been known for decades that the femur, or thigh bone in birds is largely fixed making birds 'knee runners.'

But researchers from Oregon State University found the bone also stops their lung collapsing, allowing the breathing capacity for flight.

Every other animal that has walked on land, including humans, elephants, lizards and theropod dinosaurs - a family that includes the T Rex, had a moveable thigh bone.

The find may force paleontologists to reconsider their long-held belief that modern birds are direct descendants of ancient, meat-eating dinosaurs.

'It's amazing we didn't understand a basic aspect of bird biology,' said US researcher Professor John Ruben.
'A velociraptor did not just spout feathers at some point and fly off into the sunset.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1192019/Why-birds-NOT-descended-dinosaurs.html#ixzz0jkKClXyn

Yes, 'amazing' ...amazing alleged scientists could be so blind, naive and ignorant of the facts.

CREATIONISTS knew all along that birds are not evolved from dinosaurs...common sense dictates it.

M

mrpower

i just to think about this all the time. I liked dinos what can i say.Then one day someone asked me rhetorically, why doesnt the bible mention china?
To which they continued to answer, because the bible is a history book of salvation. The Dinosaurs had no place in the bible because they didnt play any part in salvation.

Oct 1, 2009
How many baptists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

There are no light bulbs in the bible!