Discourged

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Ive been taking care of my Mom for years after my Dad passed.. She has been sick every since I was a child, all I know of her is illness, it identifies her. Me as her only daughter i have always been
her crutch,, her spiritual counselor, I always minister to her.But it seems to no avail. I have taken her to every Dr there is, miles away, but when it comes to church shes never able. If its a Dr shes all for it. I am at my witts end. i believe in moving forward in the Lord, but my Mom is so negative,
any advice would be appreciated

A

Agravesx

Ive been taking care of my Mom for years after my Dad passed.. She has been sick every since I was a child, all I know of her is illness, it identifies her. Me as her only daughter i have always been
her crutch,, her spiritual counselor, I always minister to her.But it seems to no avail. I have taken her to every Dr there is, miles away, but when it comes to church shes never able. If its a Dr shes all for it. I am at my witts end. i believe in moving forward in the Lord, but my Mom is so negative,
any advice would be appreciated
Well sister, it must be very difficult to go through what you have. However God can soften the hardest of hearts, and can do great things in your mother's life. So keep talking to her about God, the fact that you feel this discouragement is a good sign, let this be your sign for encouragement, because you are doing a good thing in your mother's life and you are taking ground, which is why you are under attack by the enemy. So keep pushing forward, God is really using you.

I'll make sure to pray that he keeps softening her heart and that he keeps giving you the strength to keep doing his work.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Have you tried talking to her honestly about it ...just like you did here?

How about saying, "mom, I'll take you to the doctor if you go to church with me this Sunday"? in a joking way (cause you'll probably take her to the doctor anyway) but it may get her to thinking that you're serious about her going to church with you.

G

guymanuel

Damombomb, like your mother my father had been the same. I am 47 years old and he is now 76. Since I had been a child he has always claimed illness after onother. Very negative when it came to faith. He actually was my greatest enemy it seemed when I came to the Lord 18 years ago.He spread all over our town that I had lost my mind that I had fell into some kind of cult. Our family was Roman Catholic. My mother came to the Lord 7 years ago before she died. My sister also is now on fire for God and His work. My younger brother also is being pulled by the Spirit of the Lord. And my father. Well, he had been attending our fellowship for quite some time now. He did forsake his dead religion of the Catholic Church and is recieivng the WORD of GOD with gladness. He has many questions. He is hungry for God after many years of witnessing to him. This morning I laid hands on him for a healing he needed in lower back pain, and the Lord touched him. You see, it is God Who draws people to Himself. If we walk in the spirit of Godly love and draw not back, He will work through your life to reach the hardest of hearts. This man who once threatened me with physical violence because of my faith, now sits under my teachings with a receptive heart towards the WORD OF GOD. Don't give up, for JESUS HAS NOT GIVEN UP ON YOUR MOTHER.

Also let me add, why worry about her going to church? You have Christ, minister to her through your own walk with Christ. Teach her, lay hands on her and heal her, love her the Love of Christ. Where 2 or three are gathered He is in the midts.

Last edited:

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Have you tried talking to her honestly about it ...just like you did here?

How about saying, "mom, I'll take you to the doctor if you go to church with me this Sunday"? in a joking way (cause you'll probably take her to the doctor anyway) but it may get her to thinking that you're serious about her going to church with you.

Yes I talk to her honest all the time

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Damombomb, like your mother my father had been the same. I am 47 years old and he is now 76. Since I had been a child he has always claimed illness after onother. Very negative when it came to faith. He actually was my greatest enemy it seemed when I came to the Lord 18 years ago.He spread all over our town that I had lost my mind that I had fell into some kind of cult. Our family was Roman Catholic. My mother came to the Lord 7 years ago before she died. My sister also is now on fire for God and His work. My younger brother also is being pulled by the Spirit of the Lord. And my father. Well, he had been attending our fellowship for quite some time now. He did forsake his dead religion of the Catholic Church and is recieivng the WORD of GOD with gladness. He has many questions. He is hungry for God after many years of witnessing to him. This morning I laid hands on him for a healing he needed in lower back pain, and the Lord touched him. You see, it is God Who draws people to Himself. If we walk in the spirit of Godly love and draw not back, He will work through your life to reach the hardest of hearts. This man who once threatened me with physical violence because of my faith, now sits under my teachings with a receptive heart towards the WORD OF GOD. Don't give up, for JESUS HAS NOT GIVEN UP ON YOUR MOTHER.

Also let me add, why worry about her going to church? You have Christ, minister to her through your own walk with Christ. Teach her, lay hands on her and heal her, love her the Love of Christ. Where 2 or three are gathered He is in the midts.
Yes you are right , it is all in Gods time

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Well sister, it must be very difficult to go through what you have. However God can soften the hardest of hearts, and can do great things in your mother's life. So keep talking to her about God, the fact that you feel this discouragement is a good sign, let this be your sign for encouragement, because you are doing a good thing in your mother's life and you are taking ground, which is why you are under attack by the enemy. So keep pushing forward, God is really using you.

I'll make sure to pray that he keeps softening her heart and that he keeps giving you the strength to keep doing his work.
Yes it is a battle sometimes and your right it is progress, thank you for your prayers

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
Think about yourself too and don't take on more than you can carry. In the end it will be each with his own burden before the Lord. "For each one shall bear his own load." Gal.6:5 May God sustain you!

Mar 18, 2011
You are doing wonderfully. Continue to dwell in the Lord, as you already fully know He is your entire strength :) You are truly getting to be used as a servant for the Lord. Stay the course. Don't get discouraged, any time your thoughts go towards the negative, focus on your love for the Lord and His love for you that your spirit may be rejuvenated. God bless you for your patience and steadfastness :) the Lord will not let your prayers go unheeded :) God bless you.

S

squidget

discouraged have you thought of speaking to your mum about the LORD without any reference to a church?

something im not understanding is where are you discouraged? it appears you are doing a mighty job and you are showing the reality of a life of following CHRIST.

i better clarify something here.
im i minister with 5 children our youngest son has a severe disability and my beloved and i are in full time care for him , when he was born we were driven out of the church because of this with the accusation that we must have either extreme sins that had to be placed upon our son, or that we are in league with the devil and GOD is judging us through our son. we lost every "christian" friend and was literally isolated from all we knew.

having said that it was the best thing that could have ever happened because all we had was to trust GOD society rejected us because of our son the church had done the same. the truth of the mater and here im speaking to everyone that reads this if you cannot put your understanding of the bible into action then you are not GODs. yes its a hard statement but its truth.

damonbomb you are doing what you know and i know how hard it is to put all aside for another but JESUS did for us and it is the truth in a walk with GOD that we do the same we do loose our life for HIS gain.

you are doing a wonderful job and yes i know that at times it is hard and lonely , but all that can be done is the same as always is done, pick ones self up and do the job needs to be done , believe me there is someone somewhere that sees what you are doing and they are seeing the practicallity of GOD in someones life.

S

shekaniah

You have my heart filled prayers.
I agree with most of the posts.
I have a older friend 80+ yrs.
He complains about being sick all the time.

I share scripture with him and he does not know I'm doing it.
He knows I love Jesus...he comes by once a week for tea and cookies.
I think the word is soaking in, his heart is getting soft.

Don't give up...keep sharing with her.
Hugs and much Love sent your way, Shekaniah