Disengaged

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

dis·en·gage (d
s
n-g
j
)v. dis·en·gaged, dis·en·gag·ing, dis·en·gag·es
v.tr.1. To release from something that holds fast, connects, or entangles. See Synonyms at extricate.
2. To release (oneself) from an engagement, pledge, or obligation

-------------()--------------
What broke off your engagment? :( Hopefully, it was a 'Who,' who did it :)

The Lord leads. There can be much unresolve, peacelessness, and, other things when an engagement is broken off.
I like what Joseph tells his brothers, after they are gathered around him and he is about to let the hammer down on them, so they THINK. I mean, what, they took his coat of many colors, they put him in a pit, and, he was sold, as a slave, to Potiphar, and, Joseph went to jail and then......

....providence happened of God, in a great way, not that Joseph's life was not in God's hands, as Joseph kept committed to Christ through all his pain. :) A good lesson for us is heretofore, when Joseph forgives his brothers, that is something special, all gathered around then and crying together, all the twelve bros, and, they then ask, 'Why are you not putting us in prison for having harmed you when you were a boy?'

Joseph's reply is astounding: "And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? 20But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. 21Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them."

So, God may very well have allowed The Devil to attack you, or, else, God was testing you, either way, not just when someone means evil to you, but this is the example, God intends it for good, and, more than that, God's intentions have 'teeth,' because, His intentions will come to pass :)

Might be hard to see at the time, but, in the end, after the time's complete and God's got you on to something else, didn't you see His perfect Love come out of the situation. :)

Z

zaoman32

please. shorten. your. posts.

G

GreenNnice

please. shorten. your. posts.
Hey, zao, sorry, bro, it's hard, ya know, we other-color tinted folks, with hair on us, I mean, well, umm, yeah, just gonna let a song sing it for little ole green me :) God bless you, bro, and, again, sorry, that my posts are too extraneous sometimes, I just though, well, ya know, I just got so much to SA---------------mmmmmmmmph-mmmmmmph. SAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, bother, it's so hard to contain myself, sometimes, oh, to be green. Green-green-green, sigh, I'm glad, the Lord leads and all I got to do is follow, and, when it comes down to it, it's quite easy because all I have to be is bein' green :)

[video=youtube;z4ZxxHbJGbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY[/video]

L

lockedrob

My fiance broke it off the night before what was supposed to be our wedding, in hindsight he did the best thing as he wasn't sure that he was ready to get married and make such a huge commitment. Fast forward till now and we married happily 6 years later have now been married for 9 years and have a 5 year old son. We knew that we were to be married, we took things into our own hands and set the wedding date instead of waiting on God to give us the green light so to speak.

When it happened yes it was difficult, time and much prayer helped as well as close famliy and friends, not an experience which I would like to relive even though many lessons and dependency on the Lord were learnt from the experience.

G

GreenNnice

When he broke off the engagement, how long until you were married, lockedonrob ?

That's a neat story. I would like to hear his story to for why he was breaking it off and why you didn't give up on him at that point. :)

L

lockedrob

It was just less than 6 years, initially he broke it off as he wasn't ready for the commitment, when people started arriving from abroad for the wedding the enormity of what was happening finally hit him and he felt he couldnt go through with it.
Initally after it happened I wanted nothing to do with him as he only brought bad memories of what should have been the happiest day of my life.
From the beginning I was fairly certain that he was the one for me, though after we split I did have a few other relationships though I had real difficulty in trusting anyone. I suppose deep down I never really stopped loving him and that's the essence of why we never gave up on each other and many people were praying for us as they thought that we really should be together. Its not something that I took lightly it took him nearly 3 years to gain my trust again it was only after that, that I would entertain a relationship with him and God at the centre.