Distant from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Q

QuaNICOLE

Hi, my name is Quailyn. But everybody just calls me Qua. Lately I have been feeling as far away from God as possible. Even when I pray I am having a problem feeling a connection.Now im having a bunch of problems with my attitude towards others, and im super stressed. I really hate this feeling. If anyone could email me on here, or on my personal Email account, [email protected] and help me through this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

C

Chilaha

Hi QuaNICOLE. Welcome to CC! I would say I'm dealing with something similar to that. I've gotten caught up in a lot of sin and feel like I can't get back to Him. I don't really know what to do either, so I guess we can wait for an answer together. :)

Mar 18, 2011
I have had times that when I prayed I felt distant from God. As if somehow I had made a mistake that was too big for God to accept. That just isn't the case. You are familiar with the word faith. When you pray, "KNOW" God hears you. When you ask for forgiveness "KNOW" He has forgiven you. When you ask for guidance "KNOW" He will guide you.

We aren't to become righteous and then come to God. It is while we are broken and sick that we should come to God, and we open ourselves to Him that He will come inside of us and make those changes Himself. The key is in the fact He has promised to forgive us, and promised to change those who accept and seek Him. Believe in His promise, not your own feelings. KNOW!! :) God bless you both.

When we doubt God's promise we make Him a liar. Satan is the father of doubt. God has promised. Know it is so, and be at peace :) you are forgiven and the relationship WILL commence.

Last edited:
G

greatblue

Even when I pray I am having a problem feeling a connection.
Qua - Push through. Our feelings have the power to toss us back and forth, left and right. Satan uses our feelings to confuse and trick us into listening to our sinful nature, rather than God's Spirit. I always think back to Eden and how Satan used a question to cause Eve to believe a feeling that "God didn't really mean we'd surely die." When we start trusting our feelings, we start hearing less of God.

We change constantly, but God never changes. Sometimes...we just need to get as humble as possible...on our knees...screaming...really unearthing the layers of the flesh currency we feed on. Know that He is faithful and He will help you push through if you continue to trust Him for that.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm irritated with a group of lady friends at church and it's affecting my whole attitude and my relationship with Christ.

Honestly, what they are doing is WRONG, yet my reaction of irritation and anger is wrong too. So I'm bringing it before God and asking Him to help me with it. We're working through it together. My pride is the biggest problem. I'm working on forgiveness and understanding and also asking for direction in the matter.

Praying for you the same thing....because how we relate to those around us DOES affect our relationship with God.

The good news is that this is a tremendous opportunity for us to grow spiritually. It's extremely hard, but it is possible with the help of the Holy Spirit :) .

E

EnaGoguette

I once felt like that, but all you need to do is have a conversation with God, talk to Him, He'll let you do most of the talking, you can talk to Him about things you don't normally talk to about near others. It's not like prayer, but just a conversation that you would have with anyone else, but with Him. (Ps. 91) Go somewhere secretive, alone, and just talk, let it out! And do a firm prayer of simply needing Him. God bless u, I'll keep you in my prayers!:)

O

oracle2world

You have faith, that will see you through this time.

God bless