Divine Command

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 5, 2013
Where do you stand on things that god says in the bible if it conflicts with your own morals?

K

kenisyes

A moral code that disagrees with God is the same as worshipping another God. (I see by your bio you are are not Christian. This concept is no way to get around making the choice of whether or not to follow Jesus.)

Sep 5, 2013
So would you say there's anything wrong with your own moral code?

Jul 26, 2013
Where do you stand on things that god says in the bible if it conflicts with your own morals?
I do not understand the question. What are these 'morals' of God? If love is the fulfilling of the law, then what else does a man need to do?

Sep 6, 2013
There's nothing moral about Divine Command. Right and wrong cannot be established by fiat; good or evil is a matter of fact, of evaluation of result. They are not arbitrary.

J

jimmydiggs

My morals are to be the same as his morals. If God says it, so be it. That being said, scripture tells us what God will and won't say.

Sep 5, 2013
There's no ulterior motive here. Just a genuine interest if you ever have a conflict of interest because of your belief

J

jimmydiggs

There's no ulterior motive here. Just a genuine interest if you ever have a conflict of interest because of your belief

Ithink if a bunch of snakes were on you're plane, you might be a little skeptical.

D

danschance

I have no moral issues with the bible or it's stated commands. The commands of God can all be summarized in two parts:
1) Love God
2) Love your neighbor.

If you love your neighbor, you will not sleep with his wife, steal from him, kill him, lie in court against him, etc.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
As a Believer, I'm constantly growing, changing and maturing. There are things I know now that I didn't know a year ago. Similarly, there are things I don't know now that I will know next year.

The point? I imagine there aspects of my "moral code" that aren't completely in line with God's ways. But Praise God, He will reveal those to me if my heart is humble and pursuing Him. At that point, I'll do my best to change it.

K

kenisyes

I'm sorry if I assumed there was. Simple answer, no. I learned to go by God's "morals" ("preferences" or commands for how we live our lives, is probably a better term) early, and changed mine to go along with His as I understood them better.

Oct 31, 2011
God created the world and created you. He gave us scripture and the Holy Spirit to tell us about it, and free will also to we can operate ourselves according to how we are made or choose not to operate that way.

If you created something, say a beautiful portrait, even if you were so powerful you could give it free will, do you think that portrait could ever know better about how it should be than you who created it?

When you are putting your knowledge up against God's knowledge, you might think you are high and mighty and can do it but the facts are, you can't.

Sep 6, 2013
If you created something, say a beautiful portrait, even if you were so powerful you could give it free will, do you think that portrait could ever know better about how it should be than you who created it?
Absolutely, yes - because if the portrait could think for itself, then how it should be is up to itself, not up to me.

What about creating something do you think gives you the moral right to rule it?