Do any of your friends have kids or are expecting?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

allofus

Im 18 and have a three month old son named Manny. When I was pregnant a lot of friends were there for me and said they'd stay there for me and stuff, but once the baby was born they all left and went and ignored me. I was wondering if any of ya'll have friends with kids? And what are your views on it?

B

barukhmalachi

You now have a new number one in your life. Your son comes first before going the mall or parties or just hanging out. Your friends can still run free. Though they may still like you, you just seem tied down to them and not free to go have fun. That's normal. Things change as you grow up and a kid forces you to grow up a bit. I always had older friends that were more mature. We just had more in common. I was never into partys and gettin drunk. Kids my own age didn't have as much in common. I'm a guy and 30 now but things changed for me to when I got married to my wife that had a 1 yr old already. I was 20 and she was 18. You will be fine you just have been forced to mature faster than your friends.

Aug 15, 2011
I don't have any friends that I actually care about, but I know lots of people getting pregnant/having kids. One of them is actually due any day and she wanted me to film the birth...not sure if I'll pull through for that one.

I never want kids. I love children, so I'd rather know someone with kids so I can still get to be around them a little bit but I have no responsibility. I always liked the idea of being the fun uncle that lets the kids get into trouble and i can come over and babysit from time to time.

safe sex is always good to practice!