Do ghosts exist?

• Thread starter hospitalpharmacist
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

That is called by people in the ghost hunting bizness as a "residual haunt". A residual haunt is where a ghost does the same thing over and over. Christians should get the details of what is being played over and over because it might be key in removing the demon(s) from the property.

One residual haunt people kept on seeing a young man getting murdered in a bathroom. So in this case, the murder was the legal right by which the demons claim as a legal excuse to haunt the premises. Then a few simple prayers from any christian takes away this legal right right and it no longer becomes "defiled". Sorry if I went over this is a bit fast but this is the easiest haunt to stop with some simple prayers.
Thanks for the details. Yes, residual haunts can pretty much be "overwritten" like a file on a hardrive, and then the demons have nothing to hold onto. I believe that ALL ghost phenomena are either mistaken identity, fraud, demonic impersonation, or residual haunts, and demonic impersonation is the least frequently of those spontaneously occurring. I also believe that residual haunts can be and are created on purpose by certain people. This belief, if you think about it, includes the idea that people do not survive death and hang out, as is frequently portrayed on TV.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks for your replies.
So if I understood they are Evil's attacks; Evil is trying to make me afraid. Why if this explanation is real I felt only confusion but not fear every time these unexplained facts happened to me?

Cris
Can not confusion bring stress, worry and thus eventually fear.
Is not confusion bring in a lot of cases doubt? Not in all for when I am confused I ask God in my heart and know I will get the answer, maybe not right away maybe a year from now, but it s laid in Father's hands to deal with, because I trust father through Christ in all; things

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
So what i should do with that?
Trust in God through it, and thank God for it, and see that God's perfect love for you casts out all confusion, worry anxiety, and any fear.
If I do not understand something, am confused over something, and stat to examine it, a lot of times more confusion comes from it.
Like going to the ocean and the waves overtake me as I try to fight them and go surfing and just can't until I learn how to ride the waves.
Life is pretty much the same way
Hope this helps.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
That is called by people in the ghost hunting bizness as a "residual haunt". A residual haunt is where a ghost does the same thing over and over. Christians should get the details of what is being played over and over because it might be key in removing the demon(s) from the property.

One residual haunt people kept on seeing a young man getting murdered in a bathroom. So in this case, the murder was the legal right by which the demons claim as a legal excuse to haunt the premises. Then a few simple prayers from any christian takes away this legal right right and it no longer becomes "defiled". Sorry if I went over this is a bit fast but this is the easiest haunt to stop with some simple prayers.
pray with out doubt full trust in God

U

Ugly

Thanks wwjd_kilden
I will follow your advice. Only another question Is it possible that such demons are related to my family' s bad atmosphere made of yelling non cooperation and verbal and psychological abuses?

Cris
This behavior is often learned. One person does it, and their child learns to behave this way. Or, in some cases, a person has an undiagnosed mental illness that lends them to this kind of behavior. Not to say there Can't be demonic involvement, but humans are more than capable of destroying themselves and those around them.

H

hospitalpharmacist

Dear friends,
rethinking to what happened to me in the last years I think really that I'm dealing with a haunting house. I say this because i had the possibility to work far away from my family's house and i hadn't similar experiences out of here. Why this haunting can be seen by me? Maybe because I own some kind of hypersensitivity like animal have. This remind me all the times one of my relatives died and I felt really bad (recently my aunt passed away and I felt like I was going to faint, this happened hours before my cousin phoned home to tell this)
Maybe this is another sign of God to push me to leave home.
Thanks for your many replies I appreciated all.
Cris

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
What I gather from the discussion so far is that there could be two reasons:
1) You are hallucinating
2) Your experience may be the result of demonic activity (as some are speculating and I'm not sure)

I'm a cat lover too I have three cats at the same time and they sleep all over my bed:) At times they cause havoc in the middle of the night, but I love them so much. I have lost a few cats in the past and I know how it feels. However, I have never experienced anything similar to what you have. In fact, I have never seen any ghosts.

Although your cat has left you, she still lives in your subconscious. You wish that she is in a better and safe place. During our sleep, our conscious mind is asleep, but our subconscious mind can be active. That's how we see dreams I guess. During our sleep our subconscious mind is still processing the information it takes in the entire day. So my guess is that it is your subconscious mind is trying to process information, and tell you that your cat has come to inform you that she is OK. Your subconscious mind is doing exactly what you want to believe- that your cat is safe and happy.

Suggestion 1: Have a friend or family member sleep in your room for a few days till you feel confident.

About demonic activity? I believe that demons do exist in our plane just as angels exist. These are spirits whom we cannot see or feel . However, we can see or feel the manifestations of their activities. Angels are sent by God to protect us. Demons have the opposite purpose, which is the same as the devil: to steal, kill and destroy.

When we pray, God sends his angels to protect us. There are there, but we cannot see them, unless God opens our eyes. Please open your Bible and read these passages: 2 Kings 6:17, Psalms 34:7

On the other hand, when we participate in any occult activity (black magic, horoscope, astrology, mediums,
idolatry, etc), we show lack of faith in God, and we open ourselves to demonic activity. When we sin, we give the devil a foothold in our lives. Please read. Eph 5:25-37

In your case, I do not think it has anything to do with demons. Nevertheless, here's what I suggest.
Suggestion 2: Pray every night before you go to bed, and he will send his angels to protect you and make you feel secure.

God Bless!

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Dear friends,
rethinking to what happened to me in the last years I think really that I'm dealing with a haunting house. I say this because i had the possibility to work far away from my family's house and i hadn't similar experiences out of here. Why this haunting can be seen by me? Maybe because I own some kind of hypersensitivity like animal have. This remind me all the times one of my relatives died and I felt really bad (recently my aunt passed away and I felt like I was going to faint, this happened hours before my cousin phoned home to tell this)
Maybe this is another sign of God to push me to leave home.
Thanks for your many replies I appreciated all.
Cris
It would be better to cross-check your conclusions with what the Bible has to say.

I wonder if the Bible ever mentions about haunted places. I need to look into this.

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
Animals would be required to have souls if they were to be ghosts.

Which statement is Biblically true:
1) We are souls
OR
2) We have souls

Anyway, this is a topic for another discussion.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Ghosts are really demons that imitate our dead relatives, or in this case pets. It's another attempt to deceive.

We're told that when we die we go to one of two places, no in between place and no one is trapped down here either. When people see spiritual mediums they end up getting a false sense of security from having been in contact with who they believe to be a dead relative, when it's actually demonic. What's more is that no "ghost" has ever communicated the need for salvation through Jesus. Demons obviously don't want anyone to know about that.

Another thing.. I once mildly fractured a rib and was put on a strong painkiller. The painkiller had me hallucinating and seeing dark shadow demons coming towards me, though it didn't help that I was using a friend's lake house while in DC, and I could hear every sound from outside. I'm not sure if you're taking any medication, but would be worth checking on that.

Last edited:

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
P.S. God did say to make our requests known to Him, and that He does not withhold good things from us. He loves animals, otherwise He would not have created them and would not have spared them in the Ark, and made a covenant with them. Nothing is difficult for Him and I really believe that if you want to see your pets again that we can make a request. No one has seen or heard the things He has prepared for those who love Him :)

H

hospitalpharmacist

Dear Katy-follower
yes I'm under pain medication right now and maybe your thought is right about hallucinations. But clearly there is a bad atmosphere in my family's house and I ask myself if these two thing: demon's attack and anger and revenge feeling are linked or not. Second I have to tell you that I extremely believe in the dreams and their meaning because I think they are a link between us and supernatural; I dreamt about that cat too and I know this is a message to tell me she is fine.
Thanks for your replies
God bless you
Cris

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Dear Katy-follower
yes I'm under pain medication right now and maybe your thought is right about hallucinations. But clearly there is a bad atmosphere in my family's house and I ask myself if these two thing: demon's attack and anger and revenge feeling are linked or not. Second I have to tell you that I extremely believe in the dreams and their meaning because I think they are a link between us and supernatural; I dreamt about that cat too and I know this is a message to tell me she is fine.
Thanks for your replies
God bless you
Cris
Hi Cris :)

That's likely the answer then. I know what you experienced because I've been through that. I took the painkiller for one night and was too afraid to take it again. The hallucination was very real to me and I really thought I saw demons coming towards me. It wasn't like my rib was causing me that much pain, it was just doctor recommended. I would speak to your doctor if it's something you need to take long term, or find another way to work through the pain instead.

You have to be careful with dreams, because we can't believe everything we experience. The enemy is a deceiver and will try to lead us away from God and have us focusing on the wrong things, so be cautious. I have had a dream from God, I believe God does communicate to us this way, but we must be cautious because not all dreams are from God, and we must make sure that we test all things against scripture.

Satan and the demons are deceivers and they hate us, because we were created in the image of God and they hate God, so they wreak havoc in this world. We live in a fallen world where things will continue to get worse. Many people are influenced by the enemy and commit evil, but only though Christ can we be forgiven and become new creatures. He helps us through troubling times. I'm sorry to hear you're going though some problems.

Are you born again?

I'm an an animal lover, particularly cats. We have two. One we adopted several years ago and the other just turned up on our street a few months ago, with nowhere to go, someone just dumped him, so we took him in :) We also have a colony of feral cats that we take care of. They are so loving and trusting :)

Hugs,
Kate.

D

danschance

This is something I wrote as a post to a person to deal with a haunted home. It might be of use to you.

Do not use smudge sticks or bundles of sage, salt, rose oil and other stuff as it will not have a permanent effect. Often they will give a few days of relief but then it all starts back up with a vengeance. Don't get any ghost hunters in there because they will just confirm that your house is haunted. And trying to communicate with the spirit(s) will only make things worse for you. I suggest that you do a Christian house cleaning and if you are not a Christian then just forget everything I am telling you because it won't work. If you are a Christian or can get a christian (maybe a pastor or christian friend) then this is what you need to do if your house is haunted:

1) Before you do anything, find out about the history of the house. Ask neighbors about the history of the house or go to the library or even historical groups who might be able to tell you details. Ask God to show you what happened in this house that needs to be dealt with. What you are looking for is sins that have happened on the property and keep a detailed list. Look for acts of violence, crimes, tragic accidents and acts performed by the occult.

Once you find out what the sin is that allowed the demonic in pray this prayer in the location that the sin was committed. “Lord Jesus I ask that You forgive and remit ( add detail of the sin or sins here) in Jesus name. I ask that You would cleanse this (location) with Your holy blood and wash away the sins that have stained (location), in Jesus name. Then say this “ All demons that have lost their legal rights, I command you to leave this place and never return, in Jesus name.

2) If you have just moved in to a place then clean up all the previous occupants stuff. Clean up every nook and cranny. Throw away everything you can that is not nailed down that some left behind. Go to the basement and toss out everything. Remove old stickers, pictures and furniture.

3) Ask God to show you if there is anything else that needs to be tossed out. Generally if you get a creepy feeling from an object, toss it out. Also go thru your own belongings and toss out everything that God would not be pleased with.

4) Get a small bottle of cooking oil (doesn't matter what type, but I prefer olive oil) and say this prayer:
Lord Jesus I ask that you bless this oil and purify it. I ask that You make suitable for anointing my home, in Jesus name.

5) Open all doors and windows and start at the furthest place away from the front door then pray this prayer: Lord I ask that You forgive those who have sinned in this place. I ask that you forgive (Here is where you will need the list of sins. Go to each room you think the sin(s) were committed) and wash away the memory of the sin committed. We ask that You bless this room and let Your peace fill it. Lord let all who enter here find Your peace. Lord I ask that you send as many angels to this room as you see fit to ensure that no one is disturbed in anyway. (add what ever you wish here) I break all curses that have been placed on this room, in Jesus name. I command all demons that have lost their legal rights to leave this room and go where ever Jesus commands you to go, in Jesus name Amen. Then anoint each door way and window frame with the blessed oil.

6) When you are done in each room go outside and say this prayer: Lord Jesus I ask that You forgive all those who have sinned against this home and this land. I forgive those who have defiled this house and land with their sins. I ask that You forgive those who have lived in this place and those who have defiled it thru their sins and forgive all their sins. I now ask that you cleanse this home and this land with Your Holy blood and wash all evil away, in Jesus name.

These instructions give you a good basic idea of what to do. Look at the links below for more ideas.

Haunted Homes & Land: Demons inhabiting property
http://hannahscupboard.com/ST-house-blessing.html
Ghost in the house
Obstacles to blessing a house
Real Haunted House - YouTube

C

CNikki

I don't pay attention so much to the shows about the supernatural because they tend to over exaggerate and likely "add" some events to make it seem juicer for the views. However, I had quite a bit of experience myself and when my dog had to be put down in 2009 I literally seen her around the house just as soon as we came back from putting her to sleep. It lasted for months on and off with these events and personally I think she didn't want to accept the fact that she was dead either because we loved her a lot and was very lucky to have her for over 15 years (I was the exact age as her, so we were together since I was a newborn). At one point it got to be too much where I had to plea for it to go and everything lightened up from there. We also had dreams about her and the most recent ones my father has had was seeing a door that needed an "old fashion" lock to open and he could hear Mercy on the other side of the door, excited. We know (at least I'm knowing for certain) that she's waiting for us and made it on the other side.

A

Adinah

Recently I could see tv programs on ghosts real or fake. I wasn't interested in such matter until I had strange experiences. I'm going to tell what happened to me.
I'm a cat lover and I drive crazy when I see a cat; I own 4 cats in my life. The first one died because of a car accident when i was a child. Other two female cats died then along the years and now I own an other female cat I love very much. After the death of my third cat I began to have supernatural experiences; often during nights I see a black shadow out of my bedroom or into my bedroom. Once I could clearly note a cat
shadow walking in the air. During another night I feel something who climbed up my legs (I was lying in my bed) and when I touched it, it had just the shape of a cat. then it suddenly climbed down from the bed. When I opened my eyes my bedroom door was still closed so it was impossible that my cat came into the room. Recently I felt again something pressing on my bed. I'm wondering if my last cat died because of a bad illness wants to tell me she is ok. What do you think about?
God bless you all.

Cris
Your cats? Your cats are visiting you from the grave?

H

hospitalpharmacist

Adinah
Yes rigjht the shadow seemed to be that of my white cat dead because of a bad illness. It jumped on my bed or walked in my room and went under bed just like my cat.
Thanks all for you replies they helped me to clear my mind about it. I definitely think they are just demons I ask myself why they are attacking me as I didn't hear nothing similar by my family. Meditating about it maybe I have the answer. We all know that Christian who try to keep in the Christ's path are always under attack by evil. Someone of them are under more attacks by demons or because their faith are really strong (see saints) (it's a test permitted by God to see if we love really the Lord) or because their faith are weak, they sin often and this is a door open to make demons come into their lifes.
Hope to belong to first ones.