Do Miracles Still Happen Today?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Indubitably

“Miracles are what happens when you get out of the way of yourself.”
― Brad Szollose

Is this true? Do You believe miracles still happen?
Have you seen or experienced a miracle?

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
miracle still happen even today and at this moment, i consider waking up every morning a miracle [a gift], be able to use my full senses is a miracle . . .

sometimes it is frustrating to hear that people forget that their lives are miracle itself.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Yes 'miracles' happen, and yes I am personally familiar with them. And I like the quote.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Yes when we get out of the way and say not my will but yours Lord is powerful. All miracles belong to him for his purpose and glory.
One i was at a revival a preacher named Joe Jordan was there. He preached how signs and wonders are for the unbeleiver and miracles
are for the believer scripture and how preachers should always be honest in the pulpit and when you go up for prayer be honest with God.
My Mom needed a healing for migraine headaches I was going for her, he said anyone needing a healing line up. I waited in line for a while
there was a man in front of me, he went up the pastor asked him what was wrong, he said back pain, the pastor told him to stretch out his
right arm , then the pastor said thank you Father for bringing out this arm, i saw his arm literally move out from the elbow to the wrist, I was right
there, then he had him sit down and he prayed for his right leg the same thing happened, i was next, there was a little old lady behind me, i told
her you can go in front of me, I had to think about it for a minute,lol, it was pure bible right before my eyes.
I went up he asked i told him about my Mom, 3 months later my Mom was having a checkup and they discovered she had grown a new kidney.
One of them had completely shrivelled up when she had my brother.
I will never forget it

Oct 31, 2011
=damombombthere,, 3 months later my Mom was having a checkup and they discovered she had grown a new kidney.
One of them had completely shrivelled up when she had my brother.
I will never forget it[
I wonder if someone said that it was doctors and nature that caused this to happen? Often men discount God’s work and take credit.

When we are told of miracles in the bible, they usually are done using nature. Jesus “touched them” when he healed. He told the leper to take up his mat. God used natural things for the 10 plagues in Egypt like turning water red, frogs, lice, flies, etc. I have read that it was only nature that parted the Red Sea!! ONLY nature??

God created nature and God uses nature. Nature follows natural laws, but there are times when God uses it in reply to prayer, and sometimes as a result of our actions.

Man can do many things, now. He can make airplanes fly using natural laws, take salt out of sea water, even make clouds produce rain. Lots of men are pretty arrogant about it. But God created us and how the world works, and it is God who is in control.

F

Fractal_Curve

"Miracles. Events with astronomical odds of occurring, like oxygen turning into gold. I've longed to witness such an event, and yet I neglect that in human coupling, millions upon millions of cells compete to create life, for generation after generation until, finally, your mother loves a man, Edward Blake, the Comedian, a man she has every reason to hate, and out of that contradiction, against unfathomable odds, it's you - only you - that emerged. To distill so specific a form, from all that chaos. It's like turning air into gold. A miracle. And so... I was wrong. Now dry your eyes, and let's go home." - Doctor Manhattan.

Other than that, I have no input.

Last edited by a moderator:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
We are and live the mirical, the greatest being that God sent His son, a man of flesh, to take all our sins for us!
Some miricals are known and then not known untill years later.
My son when he was born, suffered severe projectile vomiting.
It is a genetic disorder that all boys have a 50/50 chance of having in my family.
By eight weeks it was getting severe, so he was evaled at out local childrens hospital.
The ultrasound showed a mesurement of 2 1/2 of the pyloric muscle, drs told us that surgury could not be done untill it mesured at a three.
We were sent home, told to watch closely for spacific signs, and to expect he would need surgury within the next week at most.
I went to my prayer group that night, and asked for prayer for healing by surgury, or God's hand.
My son who was projectile vomiting 20 to 30 times a day, never vomited again.
At the hospital recheck a week later, the drs said they must have made a mistake in mesurement.
I knew though, my son had been healed by God's hand.
It was not untill several years later that the full impact of this mirical hit.
My sone went in for a simple toncil adnoid day surgury, and had a life threatening reaction to the anistesia.
He came withing minutes of dying, and was in grave condition for days, drs uncertain if he would fully recover.
We called upon our friends to pray, and my son did recover fully. :)
It was then that the earlyer mirical became made even more glorious to God.
For if my son had had the surgury as an infant, drs said he would not have survived the reaction to anistesia.
Sometimes we do not know or even see the miricals given to us, untill our eyes and hearts arrive at the place where we see all given. :)
I look forward to the day when all given, is revieled, and the glory of God will be known to all!

God bless
pickles

T

Trax

― Brad Szollose

Absolutely! I used to put out a Prayer List, with a different item to pray about, for each day of the
month. I had everything in place 3 or 4 days before the month started. One item was to pray
for a peaceful solution to the rising problem between the USA Govt and the Govt of Haiti. It was
placed on a single day of the month, about 3 weeks into the month. On that VERY DAY, the USA
launched a military strike towards Haiti, that was called off in the last minutes before the point of
no return, when Jimmy Carter, brokered a peaceful solution with the leader of Haiti.

Another item was to pray for a girl that had a brain tumor. So the the night before the operation,
a prayer for healing or a succesful operation was placed. They did a scan to get an updated view
of the tumor before operating, because if was growing, and it was gone. So they sent her home.

That is just two items I recall from the prayer List.

M

Miri

I do believe in miracles but I often wonder if what we perceive as miracles - are really just Gods blessing and favour on our lives.

I think that there are times when Gods favour over us is just so "in your face" that it is perceived as a miracle. While other times it is maybe not so obvious and we miss the fact that God is and continues to do amazing things in our lives and through us all the time.

For example I know of a person in my church who was healed of bowel cancer. I myself have experience God's healing. But it is also a miracle when God so pre-arranges events that a person is in the right place at the right time to hear the message of salvation and respond to it.

God's protection is amazing. A year back I was crossing a road at a busy pedestrian crossing. The green man was showing which meant I could safely walk across the road, but just as I was about to step out I felt the urge to stop. Just at that very second a Police car with no sirens and no flashing lights came speeding past on the wrong side of the road - so I would not have even thought to look to my right in that direction to see if any traffic was approaching. I felt the breeze as it sped past me. If I had not paused for a mili second it would have hit me - the miracle of God's protection.

Also I believe that some day when we get to speak to God face to face we will also discover things which God has not allowed into our lives for our own good and protection, which we might otherwise have had to deal with when we were not ready to do so.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Please keep my Mom in your prayers, she needs another miracle. She has scoliosis and degenerative disk.
Thank you!!

S

sing4theLordJesus

― Brad Szollose

I absolutely believe miracles still happen today....hearing reports of people being delivered from addictions like smoking or drugs (especially those who did so for many years) are an example of a miracle IMO. :)

Recently my 83 y.o. dad, who had pneumonia and was so sick he didn't eat for over a week, thru the power of prayer *and* God's favor, miraculously recovered! Nobody thought he would survive and God stepped in and made him well again. Praise God for His mracles!

I

Indubitably

I will continue to keep her in prayer. This year God healed my degenerative disk disease and I am free of pain and walking half bent over that suffered for over 20 years. Disease is nothing more than an opportunity for us to draw close to God and an opportunity for Him to show us His extreme grace and healing power! Let's stand together for your mom's complete healing. I just prayed now and will keep praying and trusting!

I

Indubitably

sing4the LordJesus, thank you for that testimony! Lord thank you for healing her father in your miraculous, loving way! We give you honor and praise for your faithfulness Lord! Amen and Amen

S

sing4theLordJesus

I will be praying too Damombomb! :)

And thank you too Indubitably, but more importantly Thank You Precious Lord! You are so gracious to us, we love You!!!

F

flight316

Yes miracles do still happen, and they will always happen, because there will always be a God.