Do not Kiss the Calf

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Hosea 13:2 And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, [and] idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves.

When sharing we must take care not to be kissing a calf, that is, we must not be making our own idols from words that will not fit in any manner into the Bible. Always be careful, giving glory to Yahweh in His Salvation. After all, He is worthy, we are not. Praise Yahweh.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Isayah 46:9-11, "Remember the former things of old, for I am Yahweh, and there is none else; I am Yahweh, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times those things which are not yet done, saying; My counsel will stand, and I will fulfill all My plan; Calling an eagle from the east, the one who executes My plan from a far country. Yes, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it."

We must take our position, that is, in full subjection to the Creator of the heavens and earth, not adding to or taking away from anything He says.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."

Yeremyah 16:19-21, "O Yahweh, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles will come to You from the ends of the earth, and will say: Surely our fathers have inherited nothing but lies and vanity; worthless, powerless gods of no use at all! Do men make gods for themselves? Yes, but they are powerless! Therefore behold, I will make them to know--this time I will teach them My power and might; and they will know that My Name is Yahweh!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
To read and to believe all of the Word benefits all. All too many limit the Word to what is called the New Testament, without true understanding that the gospel has always been known, as far back as Abraham, probably farther. The New Testament reveals the Gospel of Yeshua to the nations showing the way to the Gate of the enemies of the offspring of Abraham. That Gate is Jesus Christ, Yeshua.

Isayah 46:9-11, "Remember the former things of old, for I am Yahweh, and there is none else; I am Yahweh, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times those things which are not yet done, saying; My counsel will stand, and I will fulfill all My plan; Calling an eagle from the east, the one who executes My plan from a far country. Yes, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it."

We must take our position, that is, in full subjection to the Creator of the heavens and earth, not adding to or taking away from anything He says.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
How good it would be for all to read and understand all of the Word for all of the Tanakh (Old Testament) is filled with ensamples of what is error and what is correct, yet so many read without depth of understanding, not realizing these are not simply tales, they are all lessons on righteousness.

The Tanakh writes about Yeshua continually; it demonstrates grace for those who were given to understand.

Many times God says such things as "I am your Salvation," and "I am your King." How much more do those who are inslaved to New Testament Only belief need to realize that the Everlasting Father is Jesus, Yeshua, for Who else may claim being Salvation and King?

Read the Word if you claim to believe, and then truly believe it all.

Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."

Yeremyah 16:19-21, "O Yahweh, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles will come to You from the ends of the earth, and will say: Surely our fathers have inherited nothing but lies and vanity; worthless, powerless gods of no use at all! Do men make gods for themselves? Yes, but they are powerless! Therefore behold, I will make them to know--this time I will teach them My power and might; and they will know that My Name is Yahweh!

J

Jay1

Jesus is in all of the bible not just the NT. I have heard some christians say that we do not need the OT. Luke 24:27 says different.