Do those condemned to hell suffer forever?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Life would seem most obviously the better choice among those God sets before us, "I set before you,
life and death" and God even offers a recommendation of the choice that we should make, "Choose life."

Our God is a Consuming Fire
:)

Apr 23, 2024

Proverbs 10:25~ When the whirlwind passes, the wicked is no more, but the righteous has an everlasting foundation.
:)
Hey Magenta, the torment in hell is forever to all sinners and this can be confirmed by the nature of fire in the burning bush scene. The fire was burning but not consuming the bush, the same can be said about the sinners in hell, the fire in hell burns them and they feel pain but it doesn't consume their them.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hell os destroyed at jidgement day in the lake of fire after all the dead people In it are raised up for judgement

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Apr 23, 2024
Hell os destroyed at jidgement day in the lake of fire after all the dead people In it are raised up for judgement

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬
I mean the lake of fire

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hey Magenta, the torment in hell is forever to all sinners and this can be confirmed by the nature of fire in the burning bush scene. The fire was burning but not consuming the bush, the same can be said about the sinners in hell, the fire in hell burns them and they feel pain but it doesn't consume their them.

Sure I get it you: think dead means alive and probably also that death is nothing to fear and so it's not punishment, and the Scriptures never say that the wages of sin is death, and that the soul of man is immortal even though Scripture says only God is immortal... yeah, a lot of people say things like that. Our God is a consuming fire. Scripture says that explicitly.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I mean the lake of fire
Hell is temporary the lake of fire you see in revelation is this

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 10, 12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

did you notice in revelation this happens

“And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:15‬ ‭

and then Immediately we see this

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1, 3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It seems to me ( just some old fool on the internets opinion ) as if the image of the lake of fire is showing us the fiery end of this entire creation in my opinion hell and torment and death and sorrow and pain is all part of this forst corrupted creation and the “second death “is a final death