Do we have free will ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 20, 2015
Heard it all before, this ideology is from the secular humanists who want to promote into the human thinking that our actions are determined by our genetic code therefore a free ticket to the thinking that we can't be accountable for our own actions, God does not buy that Jesus Christ does not buy that and there is no real absolute scientific proof, i don't buy it neither. The human genome project was complete in 2003? i believe, there is no scientific proof that there exists a homosexual gene, a heterosexual gene, a murder gene or even a guy who likes baked beans on toast gene. There is on going scientific programs to try to prove connection, correlation with human acts by genetic determinism. "It wasn't my fault judge my genes did it", no don't buy it. Also, just because something is natural or even grows naturally on this earth does not necessarily mean it is good for anyone or that it is right.

Remember, the antichrist is at work in this world, and they will do whatever it takes to push their agenda through human beings and into the mindset and into every daily lives. Simply put they want to do away with God by any means they deem necessary.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I don't know if there's free will, I don't know if absolutely everything is predetermined. I mean in a way as in a don't have any solid belief that sways one way or the other because it's a topic that I haven't looked into BUT if there is no free will, and God recorded all things to happen and we have no say in it, why would he record for a man to stalk, rape and murder someone? Or why would he record someone to trick a person into buying baby clothes from their house, stab them, cut out the fetus and go to the hospital pretending they had an abortion?
I know these are extreme examples but they do have to be taken account of if there is no free will.

Oct 30, 2023
I haven't read any scripture saying that we have free will. Only the opposite
Here's an early one:

Genesis 2:19:
And out of the ground Jehovah Elohim had formed every animal of the field and all fowl of the heavens, and brought [them] to Man, to see what he would call them; and whatever Man called each living soul, that was its name.

Note that God is finding out what Adam says -- NOT commanding what Adam says.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Hi. :)

Most of us were created with Free Will (except for the Predestination group).

Note Deuteronomy 30:15 & 19 below:

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

IMG_9682.jpg