Do we know how Yeshua lived his life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
I don't follow your thinking on this. You see Yeshua was a vary out spoken man, and didn't really try to hide His teachings at all. He also understood that for one to sit by and do nothing, is much the same as giving a gree light to the faults teachings of the day.
In fact, when Yeshua gave the leaders of the day the truth, it was for everyone around to see. His teachings are still on display to this day, in the Word.
Once again I say, I don't much care what Paul has to say, this is a study on Yeshua, His life, and teachings. Not Paul. For that please go to my thread on Paul.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
John Chapter 6 comes next.

Jhn 6:14When the people saw him [fn] do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, "Surely, he is the Prophet we have been expecting!

For any that follow what I ask, and read the full chapter they know the feeding of some 5000 men was done with just a hand full of food. So what do we get from this? Is this just a nice story to show us His power or is there a bigger teaching we have missed for way to long?
As some may already know the fact that the feast of Passover was close at hand is a key. You see it was hard to get bread in this time, as everyone was getting ready for Passover, and so bread was high on the list of must have. Not just any bread mind you. Bakers may have already stopped making leavened bread, and were making unleavened bread for the feast. Yet Yeshua used His power to feed over 5000 people from what was at hand.
Sadly many can't see that Yeshua was showing us what the coming kingdom would be like. A kingdom where not one soul would ever hunger, and all our needs would be fulfilled.

Jhn 6:15When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself.
There are some that might say Yeshua left so as not draw attention to Himself. However that would be wrong, after seeing this, the people would go tell everyone they knew about it. The reason Yeshua may have left might have been to stay true to all the prophecy about Him. His need to fulfill them in order, and with no interruption.
You see had they made Him king at that time, much of the prophecy about Him may not have fulfilled. Odds are even His sacrifice may not have been fulfilled. No matter your thinking on why He left, it should be clear that He had good reason, and that it had more to with His desire to fulfill HaShem's will than to work with man kind and seek a new way of doing things.

Jhn 6:30They answered, "Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do?

How short the memory of those that were there. As we see just the day before they were fed from what most likely enoght for 10 people if that. Yet they are calling on Him to do more. Much like some do today, they want to see His power at work in their lives. Riches, and other earthly things they ask for. When it does come they may think HaShem has turned their backs on them. You see, in today's world it seems to be all about them. What do they get from it? Where is my big home, fancy car, extra large bank account, and so on.

Jhn 6:32Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, Moses didn't give you bread from heaven. My Father did. And now he offers you the true bread from heaven.

In a time when we see so called faith healers, that say THEY can heal you, HaShem is forgotten. As Yeshua makes clear in the above passage, it isn't man at work, it is HaShem. So if a person tells you, "I can heal you." Understand that it isn't them, and run.

Jhn 6:35Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Now we all know that we still to eat to stay alive, at lest for now. I love that so many teachings come from this passage, however we are forced to ask, do we have a full understanding of this? For us humans to say we hold the only truth is a bit on the arrogant side. After all, the idea that we know everything is nothing more than pride. Oh I hear it now, "Look who's talking." So ok I will say now as I have many times. We know we don't know it all, that is why we study. A big part of study for us is that we question everything. Even when it comes from us, and we stand in agreement, we question it.
So why do we spend so much time on any topic. To be 100% sure we are looking at every thing the Word has to say on any topic.
We have found that Yeshua gave the creadit to HaShem for the feeding of the people in the wilderness. In doing so, He has placed us on notice that we must place the acts of HaShem at His feet, and never try to say I did that thank you ever so much.
Just as when something bad comes about, like say 911. Many will try to place it at HaShem's feet. Why did He let this happen, where was He, and other things that I heard from people.
More on chapter 6 next time.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Matthew 13:10-17 contradicts this thought.
If you say so, however let us look at what it has to say, then brake it down.

Mat 13:10His disciples came and asked him, "Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?"

Mat 13:11He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not.

Yeshua was asked why He used parables when speaking to the people. We should note that just before that He went to sit by the lake. Not a good hiding place if you wish to not be seen. Now if you are trying to stay low key, you would leave if a large group of folks came up, and started asking you about things. Yet He didn't, He stayed and talked with them. That doesn't lead one to see a person that wants to stay unknown. low key, or what ever one wishes to call it.
Then even as today, if a well know teacher is speaking on a topic people wish to understand better, there will always be a larg number of people there. The teachings, if agreeable with those people, will be passed on, and the name of the teacher is always part of the telling.

Mat 13:12To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. Mat 13:13That is why I use these parables, For they look, but they don't really see. They hear, but they don't really listen or understand.

From this I see nothing that says Yeshua was on the down low, or trying to stay clear of the lime light if you like that better. As we know human nature would draw some unwanted attention from the leaders of the day.
So let us look at this passage that does show Yeshua was not trying to stay out of the lime light. I do ask that you read the full chapter to be sure I stay in context.

Mat 12:6I tell you, there is one here who is even greater than the Temple!
Here we have Yeshua speaking to the Pharisee. Something that He knew would be brought before the Sanhedrin. That was not low key. It also placed him on a watch list for sure.

Mat 21:12Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out all the people buying and selling animals for sacrifice. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves.
Now that kind of action is going to draw a lot of attention for sure.

Mat 21:14The blind and the lame came to him in the Temple, and he healed them.
So much for low key. Doing this in the temple would mean that everyone there would see it, or hear about it before He ever left.

Mat 21:23When Jesus returned to the Temple and began teaching, the leading priests and elders came up to him. They demanded, “By what authority are you doing all these things? Who gave you the right?”
I can hear Yeshua now. "Noone will notice me teaching in the temple, so lets go there it's all kind of privet. Need I go on? I am sure that with just this hand full of passages it becomes clear He was on the down low, or trying not to be known. However if you wish we can go on, after all we are here to talk about His life, teachings, and faith.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
One thing I should add, sorry it didn't come to mind before now. Anyone that comes to Yeshua will never hunger, we have came to the agreement that this is speaking of our time in Heaven. After all any true follower is going to be hungry for for the truth, and thrust for understanding. Ok now we can move on.

Jhn 6:37However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.
Jhn 6:38For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.

We will see this again in time. Just know that Yeshua was part humon, and as we know He prayed that if it were possible, haShem would remove the cup from Him. However, as we know, Yeshua added, "Not my will but yours be done." Maybe not in those same words I would need to look it up to be sure.

Jhn 6:40For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."
Now we could get off track here so easily, I do however ask that we stay the path. Still in that day we will all have a lot to be thankful for. That is if we find the right path to follow. I know I have to ask my self often, "Is this really right?" When that comes up, I so thankful for the ones that share the same line of thinking. You see if we never ask ourself this, we become stagnet, and unable to learn more.

Jhn 6:45As it is written in the Scriptures, 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.
Oddly this passage has been debated by us many times. The new covenant comes to mind every time. After all it is there that we find the same idea, of learning. Would we not be better off to take it to heart, place our trusting faithfulness in HaShem, and follow His teachings over that of men?

Jhn 6:51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh."
Now who can anyone speak of the teachings of Yeshua without having this passage come up? Yes I know, much like the lady that was healed by faith through simply touching the hem of His garment is not heard much anymore. However we will get to that in time.
So what did Yeshua mean by His flesh is the bread? Did he mean that when we take bread at Passover and give thanks for His sacrifice that it becomes real human flesh? Not hardly.

Jhn 6:53So Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you.
As we should know eating human flesh is a sin, yet Yeshua without doing so we can't get into heaven. We have concluded that this is not talking of ripping off an arm and eating it is needed. Rather that we except His sacrifice for us. doing so is our way of stating that His blood has washed us clean, and His strips are what makes us whole. Kind of like when some tells you they devoured a book. You know they didn't eat, it is just that they really liked it, and read it in a short time. Same holds true here we think. We Love Yeshua, and so we go about eating up everything He ever said or done. We wish for His ways to become part of our DNA if you will.
Although it does explain this passage.

Jhn 6:66At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him.
They had no idea what He was saying, and could only see the wrong in eating human flesh, so they thought, "Well that's it for me. No way you can get into heaven through sin."
Until next time, may you find some thing in this thread that helps you. After all, useing one passage to remove another, or change it's true intent will never lead to truth. Being as Yeshua is the way, the truth, and the light, coming to truth is coming to Him.

Jun 17, 2017
Matthew 13:10-17 contradicts this thought.
I think I should apologize for the way I said things in that last post. I had spent the day with my sisiter, and sarcastic humor is just how we do it. It did however spill over into my post. Doesn't change what the meaning of what I said, just that I should change how I say it some times.

Jun 17, 2017
Jhn 6:67Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, "Are you also going to leave?"

It is rather interesting that in the last post on this we seen that many of the disciples had turned away from Him. Yet here we find the 12 had not. This leads one to the truth of there being more than just 12. However as we must understand, is that the 12 were His closest followers, and best students. The rest may have been there for free food, and nothing more. It doesn't say they were bad people, just that the cost of salvation may have been to high for them, or as I said already, the idea of eating human flesh was not something they wished to do.
Yet when the 12 stayed with they answered this question in a way that many should find inspiring.

Jhn 6:68Simon Peter replied, "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.

Jhn 6:69We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God.

Thats a lot of faith in someone that you have only followed for a short time. Just think of the people that left, and what they have missed. I also ask that you keep in mind as we move forward. You see there other times when we miss something becouse we simply look at it from our own point of view, rather than stop and consider other passages that can shine light one the one we are looking at.
When we return, we will be looking at other passages that fall into this category.

May 26, 2016
I think I should apologize for the way I said things in that last post. I had spent the day with my sisiter, and sarcastic humor is just how we do it. It did however spill over into my post. Doesn't change what the meaning of what I said, just that I should change how I say it some times.
no worries, bro, i didn't think there was anything wrong with your demeanor.

sarcastic humor is how we do in my family, too. :)