Do We Limit God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

IFOLLOWHIM

Gen1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth KJV

In Genesis ch.1/2 we see that God is the creator of all things and without Him was not anything made. Ne.9:6

Heb.11:3 Through FAITH we understand that the world's were framed by the word of God,so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

The O. T. is full of how God worked for good to those that were obedient in serving Him!
The poor and empty recieved,the dead were raised,the enemies of God's people were punished and destroyed.
Armies appeared on hills seen by the enemy that were not of earthen man,water sprang from a rock,mana and quail fell from heaven,time was held still, the miracles are many!

In reading the history of Israel after they once again became a nation in our generations,in the 6- day war miracles are recorded by both Jews and their enemies. One enemy combatant stated the sky was full of fighter planes for Israel when in reality they were poor in warfare abilities.
A swarm of bees attacked the enemy in one recounting!

Do we limit God?
Is it lack of FAITH,or DISOBEDIENCE on our part?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I think it is lack of expectation and forgetting His reputation. If you show up to the battlefield with the expectation that God will do
something and that He is with you, and you know He is on your side, more than likely you will see something. Take George Washington for example,French and Indian War, back in the day these guys used to pray before going into battle. Guy came out with multiple bullet holes in his clothes, and one of them was in his hat (a clear head shot) and none of them hit him.

Usually in the face of adversity people just magnify and expect what they see, and that in itself is a good way to put limitations on expectations from God. I wouldn't say its disobedience, but the attention is in the wrong direction sometimes though. Faith is faith no matter how you measure it, but because its pointed in the wrong direction at adversity, that is what a persons faith is in, if that makes any type of sense.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Gen1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth KJV

In Genesis ch.1/2 we see that God is the creator of all things and without Him was not anything made. Ne.9:6

Heb.11:3 Through FAITH we understand that the world's were framed by the word of God,so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

The O. T. is full of how God worked for good to those that were obedient in serving Him!
The poor and empty recieved,the dead were raised,the enemies of God's people were punished and destroyed.
Armies appeared on hills seen by the enemy that were not of earthen man,water sprang from a rock,mana and quail fell from heaven,time was held still, the miracles are many!

In reading the history of Israel after they once again became a nation in our generations,in the 6- day war miracles are recorded by both Jews and their enemies. One enemy combatant stated the sky was full of fighter planes for Israel when in reality they were poor in warfare abilities.
A swarm of bees attacked the enemy in one recounting!

Do we limit God?
Is it lack of FAITH,or DISOBEDIENCE on our part?
I would say it is impossible for us to limit God. However, it is entirely possible, and does in fact occur, when our thinking we understand His words precisely with no deviation whatever makes that the offense on our part of our own ego's putting limits on Gods messages to us. Thinking He can't possibly mean to say this, or that, or no, the scripture doesn't actually mean what it says, etc... We are in our own minds thinking we are able to tell God what is meant in His own word to us. And that limits our understanding in this relationship.And that also then puts our thinking we know more than what God tells us as a limit on God. "He" becomes confined to the brackets of our own imagination and pride.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Yet I say we do limit Him whether in doubt of the word,lack of obedience or simple slothfulness. God NEVER changes and He is no respecter of persons,He is able to do EXCEEDINLY,ABUNDANTLY,above anything we can think of ask if Him!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I remember there’s a verse during Jesus life that He didn’t do more miracles because of their unbelief. Sadly I think the same happens today. Not that He can’t, but won’t necessarily when it won’t effect the heart like He would