Do you allow God to take you higher?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

When I look back at my life and all that God has put in it and allowed me to be a part of, it blows my mind. It's all so far above anything I would ever have imagined in younger days...and so far away from where I thought it was going. I get so curious at times as to where He will take me next. :)

Do you ever feel that way? Do you go where He leads? Do you allow things (or people) to hold you back? What holds you back? What is He calling you to? Where would you like to go or do? I would love to pray with you. :)

R

Relena7

I'm terrified of going higher. It feels so unknown. Like jumping off a cliff and just trusting that something will catch you. It goes against pretty much every piece of human nature. But I am open to growing in whatever way that I can and I have faith that a better way exists, even if I can't use the faith right this minute, it's still there. I keep a big blank open spot in my life for when I can teach myself to stop being scared...

I

imperfection

Yeah, it's often the case that only later, after all the stress is gone, we can see how everything fit together and how everything worked out on our behalf.

It's like a puzzle....when all the loose pieces are on the floor you wonder how this stuff will ever make a good picture, but step by step, by adding puzzle pieces you can finally see the result and the result is always beautiful.

I graduated about two months ago and I was desperatly looking for a job. I sent over 100 applications in the first month after my graduation. There was a company that is known for hiring people without working experience and they were looking for people that speak multiple languages. Everyone said (and even I thought) that's the perfect job for me. (I'm a graduate, have no working experience, speak 4 languages).

I was devasted, when they called me and told me that they don't want to hire me. I thought, who was more perfect for that job than I am?

I started doubting myself and I even recall one evening, when I cried out to God in desperation, asking Him, why He is so mean, and why nothing works out for me.

What can I say......now, one month later, I found a job at the National Bank that offers much greater perspectives for the future (better income, muuuuchhh better income, nice working conditions ect.)

So yeah, even now when I look back.....God knew what He was doing. He knows His way around.
With many things, if you choose to be patient and wait on God's move, you have much greater chances and blessings.

As Jullianna said: You only need to allow God to take you higher!

Feb 10, 2008
When I look back at my life and all that God has put in it and allowed me to be a part of, it blows my mind. It's all so far above anything I would ever have imagined in younger days...and so far away from where I thought it was going. I get so curious at times as to where He will take me next. :)

Do you ever feel that way? Do you go where He leads? Do you allow things (or people) to hold you back? What holds you back? What is He calling you to? Where would you like to go or do? I would love to pray with you. :)
I am also very curious at times to see where He will lead me and who He will next bring into my life...or take out of it. I have been fearful on many occasions that I am like Jonah. That I am running against God. And yet, I keep asking and praying and seeking God's will for my life. In everything I pray for His guidance. Over the past few years I've felt like I was holding myself back. I've wanted to be hands on in mission work since High School. And yet every time I go out looking there is a voice saying "no, not yet." For a long time I thought it was my own fear, but over the past several months I have gained a new perspective. Not everyone in the body of Christ is a hand or a foot. I have long been wishing that I could be. That I could be out there directly interacting with people and physically helping them with their needs. But God has given me something else. I am making very good money, I have a home and am able to provide financially for many beyond myself. It isn't glamorous, it's not the life of in your face, living God loud, daily, that I thought I was being called to. So after much seeking and praying, I would have to honestly say that God is "holding me back". For now it seems I am not destined to be the instead of the hands or feet or face of the body of Christ to the world.

J

Jullianna

1 Corinthians 12:
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Great post, Lightning :)

F

flight316

Yes. I received Christ in 1982. I was 19yrs. Old. it wasn' t until 2004 that I completely surrendered to Christ. Since then life has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Divorce, loneliness, depression, you name it. Today I still struggle with life, but I count my blessings each day and I allow God to continue to take me higher, if He chooses to. Its not about me I belong to Him.

S

simplyme_bekah

I have a heart and soul and a mind that yearn to used to the fullest by our God. I also look back at my life and see the life links that have brought me to where I am at today because of my God. I find my mind blown away because I am not the same person as when he started to work on me. He is slowly converting my soul (yah yah yah lol) I sometimes think about how he could use me to bring glory to his Kingdom and I get really really excited at what the future holds. I know that I have a completely submitted heart and want to be used every way that he can use me and that I want him to take me as high as he can go with me. I am His Daughter and he has made me this way. Praise you my Lord!!! What holds me back right now is confusion over my relationship and confusion over Gods will on my relationship and if its his will. But I have complete faith that if something or someone is standing between me and God that God will pretty much just eventually pick them up and move them out of the way lol.