Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No, I don't care for it

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No, it's defiling

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

SpiritualBaptist

As Christians, my girlfriend and I DO NOT celebrate Halloween, because The Bible clearly says not to carve any false idols (pumpkins), and of course it's also the devil's day. Plus, Halloween is all about death, darkness, evil, witches, wizards ect...
So, with that being said, we would rather believe God's Word, rather than celebrate the devils day.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Our church is running away from Halloweend tonight. Locking up our houses, turning off the lights, and then going to the church for dinner.

I'm not scared to say I'm running away.:cool:

Oct 29, 2013
this is the day the Lord has made, we should rejoice, celebrate, and be glad to have it regardless of if we're wearing costumes and eating candy today

E

eternally-gratefull

Look forward to taking my grandkids out. Then helping them eat their candy! Praise God he can work through days like this!

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
Had an awesome Halloween with my little dwarf!
Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 11.24.18 AM.jpg

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I could really careless for this holiday. But my kids like dressing up and having fun, so we went to the church for trunk or treat and I had a blast with all the other saints. I laugh at ghouls, ghosts, goblins and even Satan, Christ has defeated them all.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Happy Reformation Day instead Helloween!!! Be Reformed into Christ's tabor light image! Never one to celebrate death, darkness, murder and fear. I thought Yeshua came to world over come those things. Let me know If I am wrong on this though; I am pretty sure I am not!!!

For Christ manifested here into this world to bring life to mankind, if only one will see this and believe God for doing this, then one might first die to self efforts and see the resurrected life God gives freely through the resurrection of Son, in the Spirit for us to worship God in Spirit and truth, no more flesh in the way as has been since Adam and Eve partook of that tree, that brought death to us all.

1corinthians13

good question! To me, there's no definitive answer. I absolutely see that celebrating anything demonic or sexual is wrong. On the other hand Halloween is a pagan holiday... but so is Christmas, Easter, etc.

My family is from Jamaica. I have a cousin that says he believes in God but does not celebrate any Pagan holiday (including Christmas). To me, Christmas is not a time for Santa Claus or consumerism but is a time to reflect on Christ's birth (which is why I do not buy gifts for people and I do not want anyone to buy gifts for me)... But let's take it a step further - Birthdays are pagan. I certainly celebrate my birthday and accept gifts for that. I guess my point is every holiday is man-made/man's interpretation of some concept. I think you can celebrate any holiday as long as you're doing it the right way.

This year, I was supposed to dress up as Carl from Up. When I have kids, I want to dress up as biblical characters and make it a time to celebrate heroes of the Bible :) But who knows - by then I may have a completely different opinion on this subject. :p

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
good question! To me, there's no definitive answer. I absolutely see that celebrating anything demonic or sexual is wrong. On the other hand Halloween is a pagan holiday... but so is Christmas, Easter, etc.

My family is from Jamaica. I have a cousin that says he believes in God but does not celebrate any Pagan holiday (including Christmas). To me, Christmas is not a time for Santa Claus or consumerism but is a time to reflect on Christ's birth (which is why I do not buy gifts for people and I do not want anyone to buy gifts for me)... But let's take it a step further - Birthdays are pagan. I certainly celebrate my birthday and accept gifts for that. I guess my point is every holiday is man-made/man's interpretation of some concept. I think you can celebrate any holiday as long as you're doing it the right way.

This year, I was supposed to dress up as Carl from Up. When I have kids, I want to dress up as biblical characters and make it a time to celebrate heroes of the Bible :) But who knows - by then I may have a completely different opinion on this subject. :p
The reason behind the action, motive is key and God knows all. UI trust God to teach me truth over any error and still love all as God does and has through Son. Thanks enjoyed post