Do you certain Christians purposely put blinders on?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SocialArtist

So I'm online and a girl I knew from a previous church posts an article about "loving the church". Joshua Harris best known for "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" wrote a book entitled "Stop dating the church" saying to get invested in it.

A few facts of life: nothing lasts forever, eras and seasons change, we may all work numerous jobs and live in multiple places throughout our lives.

I would love to walk right outside my house an apply these rules. Love the church. Get invested in the church. The fact is we just can't blindly move forward into this.. wake up one day and proclaim "I'm going to get invested in the church" without a spiritual drive/leading/calling behind it. Or just to do it to cover out tracks. It's great to motivate people to do so.. but we need to remember what works for you doesn't work for everyone.. and what is for you is not for everyone.

It would be nice to have all Christians just settling into one church and all was well like Heaven on Earth. However, we got to remember it's just not reality. Perhaps in Heaven but not on Earth.

P

Psalm2713

I agree but I also believe that as a christian, God will always have ministry for you to be involved in ....Have you ever read the book Prayer of Jabez.... we can actually ask God to bless us in our ministry... so if you don't feel like God has called you to get involved in any thing you can ask God to direct you to what you should be doing.....did I get you right?

S

SocialArtist

I agree but I also believe that as a christian, God will always have ministry for you to be involved in ....Have you ever read the book Prayer of Jabez.... we can actually ask God to bless us in our ministry... so if you don't feel like God has called you to get involved in any thing you can ask God to direct you to what you should be doing.....did I get you right?
Yes. Would you be interested in praying that either A) I find a ministry for be or B) God bless my ministry in ways I would be capable of.. also for a young adults surge at my church as well? 20-32 years olds..

A

Aqua_Girl09

I have that book actually and i completely believe it. Its how you're looking at the way hes saying things. not EVERYONE is supposed to be an usher or pastor. there are different jobs for different people.

for me I plan to be part of the media team. making videos and etc.

for people who are busy then what they can do will be awesome. even if its just serving drinks during an event or cleaning up afterward. investing in your church not only helps your church grow but it also makes you SO much closer with your church. my church is my family. they're all my best friends and i get encouragement from them every single day because i AM so close to them

everyone has their own purpose in God's house. you could be the heart, the eyes, or the pinky toe. but it ALL makes up the body of Christ.

T

thimsrebma

I have that book actually and i completely believe it. Its how you're looking at the way hes saying things. not EVERYONE is supposed to be an usher or pastor. there are different jobs for different people.

for me I plan to be part of the media team. making videos and etc.

for people who are busy then what they can do will be awesome. even if its just serving drinks during an event or cleaning up afterward. investing in your church not only helps your church grow but it also makes you SO much closer with your church. my church is my family. they're all my best friends and i get encouragement from them every single day because i AM so close to them

everyone has their own purpose in God's house. you could be the heart, the eyes, or the pinky toe. but it ALL makes up the body of Christ.
Thats so very true. Just showing up to fellowship events and being a happy person can inspire so many people. Aslo we often think of the church as just our members in our building but what about ministry outside the walls. Talking to people at your job or on the bus stop is ministry. Being an example for all to see is ministry. Volunteering at a pantry is ministry. Many people get so caught up thinking they have to have some type of title for it to be important ministry work but anything that you do to add to the Kingdom is terrific.