Do you even want to be healed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 30, 2011
John 5
[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]English Standard Version
The Healing at the Pool on the Sabbath
1After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic[SUP]a[/SUP] called Bethesda,[SUP]b[/SUP] which has five roofed colonnades. 3In these lay a multitude of invalids—blind, lame, and paralyzed.[SUP]c[/SUP] 5One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him,“Do you want to be healed?7The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me.” 8Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” 9And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

This is not mine, I wish I had the insite

A man has been lame for 38 years, average lifespan of 40 years. Whole life watching others get healed and take his spot.

What do you think he thought after 10 years? 20? 30?

Living in his own filth, unable to really move. Jesus Asks - Do you want to be healed?

How much sin is there in our lives, that we get to the point where we have no hope of a lasting victory?

If Jesus was to ask you honestly "Do you even want this anymore? To be healed?" what would you say.

I found this comforting

Why it's hard to hope

1) Hassle to hope
people suck hope from you
2) Hard to hope
you have to work at hope, you don't have to work at being negative
3)It hurts to hope
Hope deferred makes the heart sick
To be vulnerable to God, and people letting me down

you can become so hard hearted and uncaring, that you just don't even care, your not even asking anymore

Man that is raw...:confused:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
To answer the thread title's question, do I even WANT to be healed? Well, duhh of course I do, but for some people, healing is not granted to them by God. I've had health problems since the tender age of 5 years old!! I would jump at the chance to be healed, but honestly, I pray about it every day for the last several decades and you know what? I have not been healed..And I know that God has a reason for that, so I'm okay with being in constant pain because I know it's glorifying God somehow.. :) Just watch out for me in heaven--I'll be the one doing back flips and cartwheels in the field!! LOL!! :)

E

elf3

Of course I would want to be healed because then I could get back to work. It's no fun when you can't bikeride with your son or go horseback riding with your daughter. But also I know God has a plan so I sure the heck don't let it get me down or put me out. I believe this is part of my ministry because if someone can see how I don't blame God then maybe it can be a seed planted. Maybe if someone can see my faith in God it could be a seed planted. If I can help someone get through their hard time because they can see how I don't give up it could be a seed planted.

Gods Will be done...not mine
I just want to be able to Glofiry God in all I do

E

eternally-gratefull

I was healed. I will spend eternity in heaven with my savior. that is the only healing I need.

No earthly sickness can take that from me. Eternity is forever, This life is so short. If I can work for God by getting sick, then so be it.

It is Gods will to heal some yes, it is also Gods will not to heal some, He want to use their illness for good.

As it says, all things work together for the good. to thoe who love god Even illness (see paul)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was healed. I will spend eternity in heaven with my savior. that is the only healing I need.

No earthly sickness can take that from me. Eternity is forever, This life is so short. If I can work for God by getting sick, then so be it.

It is Gods will to heal some yes, it is also Gods will not to heal some, He want to use their illness for good.

As it says, all things work together for the good. to thoe who love god Even illness (see paul)
Excellent post on healing and biblically sound.

E

elf3

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 30, 2011
I am not just talking about health, though I was healed of Bipolar disorder, and depression after a long process

what bout that secret sin?

What about sinful patterns that you don't think will go away?

E

eternally-gratefull

I am not just talking about health, though I was healed of Bipolar disorder, and depression after a long process

what bout that secret sin?

What about sinful patterns that you don't think will go away?

I do not see depression as an illness.

what of all those not healed of bipolar disorder? are they not saved, or do they not have enough faith?

Jun 30, 2011

I do not see depression as an illness.

what of all those not healed of bipolar disorder? are they not saved, or do they not have enough faith?

I'd respond to you, but behind what your saying really seems to be from a bitterness that you may want to pray about. In this post I am not going in that pathway, and the only way it would go is if you take it there

Dec 9, 2011
I may have it wrong and if I do forgive me sir,but I think this is a good example of the new testament is better than the old.

The new covenant is much better.

Jun 30, 2011
I hope what I am getting at is finding, working on, seeking hope, not just in healing but victory over sin, a stronger walk with the Lord, a Hope unshakeable in Jesus Christ

K

kaylagrl

A great answer to this question of healing.I started a thread on healing earlier today but either way here is a link....God's will to heal ...Jesus never turned anyone down,he never said no to healing.
When he was asked if it was his will to heal he said it was.So I trust His word on it.

Jun 30, 2011
A great answer to this question of healing.I started a thread on healing earlier today but either way here is a link....God's will to heal ...Jesus never turned anyone down,he never said no to healing.
When he was asked if it was his will to heal he said it was.So I trust His word on it.

This isn't a thread really based on healing - but Hope in who Jesus Christ is regardless

E

elf3

I hope what I am getting at is finding, working on, seeking hope, not just in healing but victory over sin, a stronger walk with the Lord, a Hope unshakeable in Jesus Christ
So you mean spiritual healing not physical?

Jun 30, 2011
So you mean spiritual healing not physical?
A secondary topic - but Hope, and continuing in that hope - this could be praying for a sickeness to be healed, or a loved one to come to know the Lord, or a wayward child

Do I believe God heals absolutely, according to His will and purposes, if that was from my Bipolar, amen - I'll give him glory, if that is a secret besetting sin that I can't seem to shake - amen Glorify Him

E

eternally-gratefull

I'd respond to you, but behind what your saying really seems to be from a bitterness that you may want to pray about. In this post I am not going in that pathway, and the only way it would go is if you take it there
bitterness?? lol, I have no bitterness, just asked a question. why would you even say that??

E

elf3

Yes I also believe God will heal according to His Will and purpose.

As for the spiritual healing sometimes it's a process according to the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Jun 30, 2011
Yes I also believe God will heal according to His Will and purpose.

As for the spiritual healing sometimes it's a process according to the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I would agree, I do however think that some people build their theology in a way that physical healing never happens, in order to mask their own pain in that area, rather than bringing that to the light and finding satisfaction in Jesus Christ

E

eternally-gratefull

I would agree, I do however think that some people build their theology in a way that physical healing never happens, in order to mask their own pain in that area, rather than bringing that to the light and finding satisfaction in Jesus Christ
of course God heals. I have witnessed it.