Do You Feel Guilty For Praying Sometimes?

• Thread starter oOfallen_angelOo
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

oOfallen_angelOo

Sometimes I feel so guilty or undeserving to pray to God; like why should I ask God to help me out when I can't even do the little things I'm suppose to spiritually? I've been told that I should ask God anyway, but I just feel so ungrateful and like a spoiled child, begging her parents for money or something when I can't even do good in school.

I hate praying for materialistic things; the Bible says God will automatically provide what we need to survive ( shelter, food, water etc -) Bible tells us not to worry about these things, but sometimes it just sucks to not have enough money at times ya know?

I pray a lot for strong faith and God's help in bearing good fruit of the Holy Spirit - but even though those are God's willed things, I still feel bad.

Maybe I should try harder to please Father and I won't feel so bad?

H

hattiebod

Sometimes I feel so guilty or undeserving to pray to God; like why should I ask God to help me out when I can't even do the little things I'm suppose to spiritually? I've been told that I should ask God anyway, but I just feel so ungrateful and like a spoiled child, begging her parents for money or something when I can't even do good in school.

I hate praying for materialistic things; the Bible says God will automatically provide what we need to survive ( shelter, food, water etc -) Bible tells us not to worry about these things, but sometimes it just sucks to not have enough money at times ya know?

I pray a lot for strong faith and God's help in bearing good fruit of the Holy Spirit - but even though those are God's willed things, I still feel bad.

I think God is convicting you and guiding you to pray differently :). I do understand what you say, i have been there too. For me, prayer is not about asking God to provide for me or to give me things, as I trust He will give me what I need, He knows my needs and I trust Him. Prayer is about worship, praising Him and Thanking Him for all He has done and all He promises me He will do. Of course there can be specific prayers, but they are very rarely for myself...When I do feel worried, I recognize the worry and take it immediately to lay it at the cross. I know that when I do, I will find peace. When we repeatedly pray for things, we can be discouraged when they don't work out, so instead it's best to pray Gods will be done, in any given situation. If we live under Gods authority, Praise Him for His Greatness, Thank Him for His Goodness and worship His Power, we recieve.
Feelings are transient, moveable and changeable, Gods love is not. When the thoughts thats that you 'feel bad' creep in....stand on the promises, you are the beloved, heir and daughter of the King of Kings!! .....you will not feel bad for long :)
Surrender, submission, reverance and devotion equal praying in the presence of the King. Think on these things...and you will dance with joy! God Bless you, listen to Him, He will guide you in the way you are to go. <><

S

Siberian_Khatru

There's a good reason for that.

Aye, I do. There is a purpose behind both suffering and joy, though.

Maybe? I don't know your lifestyle, your thoughts; your heart. Guilty feelings don't arise from innocence nor ignorance, though. I agree with hattiebod; it sounds like the Holy Spirit is convicting you. Rack your brain to find out what's causing the guilt.

Praying for ya!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I don't ever feel guilty for praying.

When you humbly ask God to help meet your needs,
you aren't imposing on him,
but rather you are submitting yourself to His authority and will
by acknowledging you need his help.

Jan 8, 2013
With out faith it is impossible to please God, and one of the times God was pleased with someone was when Solomon said he was as a little child, praising and thanking Jesus Christ is always a good way to start praying, then your needs, etc. Jesus Loves YOU!!