do you give others your work phone number

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
for myself when my daughters were young i would give the number to an emergency contact and the babysitter , but other family and friends i wouldn't. when i worked at this one job somehow maybe from my mother a couple of people got my work number and insisted on calling me at work , even after i told them under no circumstance should they call me there.

at the moment my daughters have it just in case of an emergency

so do you give your family / friends your work number

H

Hellooo

no. any call that comes to me on my work phone is recorded, or can potentially be monitored live. my family and friends know they can reach me by cell, or sending me a text to call back asap if it's urgent.

H

Hellooo

one thing i found helpful for my kid brother (he's only 10)-- i got him his own cell phone, and programmed it so that he can ONLY receive and make calls from/to someone in our family, or dial 911 in an emergency. All other numbers are blocked by default unless I add them to the "Always Allowed" list on my t-mobile settings. When he gets older, we can revisit the restrictions.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
no. any call that comes to me on my work phone is recorded, or can potentially be monitored live. my family and friends know they can reach me by cell, or sending me a text to call back asap if it's urgent.
Thanks, also when and if you recieve a call the first thing i'm thinking is must be serious