Do you have a quiet time thought to share.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

I have often gone away with Christian groups for the purposes of holidays, evengelism, etc. One of the things, that is often asked over breakfast, is if anyone might have a quite time thought to share with the others.

Looking back those moments have been such a blessing.

So I ask the question - do you have a quite time thought to share with us.

M

Miri

I have been reading Judges 16 v 1-20 about Samson, especially v 5 where Deilah asked "Tell me the secret of your great strength".

Many people think Samson's strength was in his hair, even he did (v17).
But Samson's strength was not natural, he was not a strong man in and of himself. He became strong when the spirit of the Lord came upon him.

Likewise it is not our own strength that produces victory in our own lives. God's power is manifested perfectly when we realise our weakness and trust in the Lord. (2 Cor 12 v 9-10).

If you are feeling weak, turn to God and trust in His strength today to carry you through, allow Him to work in your life.

O

OFM

John 1:12-14.We belong to Jesus He Is All Grace and Truth and We Are All Grace and Truth In Our Spiritual Christian Lives as welland too each other Too AMEN.

S

simplyme_bekah

My quiet time thought is when I became conscious this morning around 430 am the first thing I started to do was pray for my daughter. I do not know why I did this and I cant even remember what I prayed. I wonder if that was the Holy Spirit working inside of me. That is my quiet time thought that keeps circling around in my mind. Just gonna trust my Jesus I am.

S

shirley

my quiet time is spending time wth god there is nothing more important then that ;and seeking wisdom comfort and i think about the sins that god took for me

M

Miri

I have been reading Mark 12 v 41 where Jesus sat and watched who was giving money. I believe the point of this story is not how much was given, but the attitude behind their giving. Jesus was more interested in the heart behind the giving rather than the actual amount. The woman outgave them all.

Give not out of legalistic requirement, but out of love and a desire to do so because he first loved us and gave us the greatest gift of all John 3 v 16.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
I love the passage in 2 Kings 6 where Elisha, the prophet of God was revealing to the king of Israel what Syrian's battle plans were, so then none of their plans would work and the king of Israel would be ready. The king of Syria finally found out who it was (Elisha) and went to surprise and get him in Dothan with horses and chariots! Elisha's servant saw the Syrian troops and panicked, and asked Elisha what they should do, but Elisha had a faith answer for him saying "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them". Then he prayed to God that he would open the servant's eyes (spiritually) so he would see, and he saw: "and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha" Then Elisha prayed that the Syrian men be blinded and he led them to another place (Samaria) =)

I just think this is great because the servant was only seeing things in the natural. A lot of times I panic because I only am thinking of things that I can sense with my 5 senses. But there's a spiritual realm that we have to know and have faith in. God's words are true, and when he says things like he will be with us always, we have to believe and know it's true! So it just blesses me to think of stories like this and imagine if I were in that position and to remember "they that be with us are more than they that be with them" :)