Do you have a "talent" are you using it for the Lord?.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grace52

I have a talent that i havent wanted to use in a while because i had "terminal burnout" however its been a few years since i have used my talent, and i'm thinking of starting out small and wokring my way back into full time again. but when i make an effort it seems as if i'm blocked by some situation or person. So i'm not really trying all that hard.

How about you? Do you have a special talent? Are you using it for the Lord? Do you have a job using your tallent?

I

Indubitably

Grace52, don't be deterred. Find a way to get back into your talent and use it. (exercise it) I have several talents in music and preaching and just generally sensing a person's need and reaching out to them in love. I have been blessed to be able to use those talents in my ministry, daily. I encourage you to get it going again. There's nothing more rewarding than using a talent God gave you to bless others and in turn bless your own life.

Jan 22, 2011
YES. I HAVE A TALENT IT CALL LOVE. I'm using it right now and everyday of my life. Night or Day etc.

A

agirlandherguitar

I remember in grade 6 being taught the Parable of the Talents in my school (it was a horrible private Christian school... unfortunately). I believe I am a gifted illustrator and have an eye for design. I also like to write stories. I often wonder what kind of material I should produce that would glorify God (not that He NEEDS it but He deserves it and rightly so!) and uh... I'm coming up short. Right now I figure that since most of my stories are on the fantastical side I could slip in Christian ideology. I prefer subtly than something that ends up feeling like propaganda. I'm thinking Narnia level stuff, but less fluffy. Anyways, it's a bit of a struggle finding that balance in my work. I don't want to write something and find success in material that ignores God. There is so much of that already, as well as horribly inaccurate and unfair portrayals of our Lord.

J

Jullianna

The Lord blessed me with being able to sing/play several instruments that help others celebrate their love for Him. :) It's my passion.

A

arwen83

Talent-wise, I think I am quite intuitive and perceptive when it comes to people. I've helped people going through emotionally hard times because I just understand, I can connect and see patterns between emotions, thoughts and behavior. I pick up on subtle cues. I can't really explain how I know, but it just makes sense to me. Its automatic and interesting to me. But it also makes me sensitive to judging.
I do wish I was musically talented though, it enables the soul to express itself in a way that connects all of us on such a foundational level.