Do you have someone who you turn to for prayer or...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chrissy77

I sat here tonight praying and reading the Bible. As I was praying, I thought of how wonderful it would be to have someone who would be my prayer partner. I know a lot of people who will call up a friend and say, "Hey I need you to pray with me about..." Do you have that someone? Growing up a had a best friend who I did that with. It was nice to have someone who would call me in the middle of the night to pray for them or just to have me listen to their hopes or dreams and vice versa. Has God ever brought you out of bed because he has told you to pray for this or that person? Accountability to God and yourself is vastly needed it seems. Sometimes we get so overwhelmed in our day that we almost forget who it is that we need to be spending time with and that is God.

J

Jullianna

The ladies of my Weds night Bible study/prayer group are amazing. We are always there for one another 24/7. We meet before services and pray again for everyone in the service (as well as those who didn't make it..who probably need prayer more), which, as a worship leader, I especially appreciate.

Could you form one at your church?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I have guys who I can chat to and pray with.. plus we have a prayer txt, we txt the same guy and he txts everyone else and many an answered has come about. I can't ive been woken up to pray for someone..not yet anyhow. but plenty of late nights. I pray you find someone, and pray that God will bring you a prayer partner especially (as Julianna said) in your own church.

C

Chrissy77

Before I respond to the two people who posted on this thread, I would like to leave a question with the group. I have posted two different posts, one about friendship and one regarding a prayer partner. Both were posted as a, "Hey wouldn't it be nice to have..." kind of posts. Yet, I get the feeling and it may be way off base, that people are taking these posts to mean, hey please befriend me or whatnot. If that is so I am sorry. I didn't come on CC to get a mate, friend, prayer partner or whatever it is. I came on to be able to read words from people who have a desire to serve God and that I didn't have to worry if the talk would be appropriate. Yes, there are times when I am lonely but I am content in where I am until such time as a lightning bolt strikes me and God tells me to move ahead. The reason I post the things I post is because those are things I do desire to have in my life some day but know they are not possible with both my children and my crazy work schedule. I appreciate you taking the time to just listen to me when I feel the need to think out loud on CC.

C

Chrissy77

I wish it were possible for me to join a ladies prayer group but with both my work schedule, kids, and homeschooling my children that is not a possibility. There are many such possibilities that are available on the weekends at my church but because I work 11 or 12 hour shifts Friday thru Sunday I am unable to attend.

J

Jullianna

Well, I would be happy to pray with you. :) Shoot me a CC mail whenever you need someone!

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Ditto. I can recall times when I've asked someone (or several) to pray at any given moment. I've been a part of a couple great accountability groups where we would share the deeper parts of our lives and pray for one another. As far as a single close friend or mate, though, no. To my recollection, I can't say I've ever had that. It does sound nice.

C

Chrissy77

Jullianna and Asifin,

Thank you for your kind offer. I would love to take you up on it as needed. I hope you both feel free to email me or send me a message if you need prayer at anytime. We all can always use the prayer and I can definitely use the practice
.:)