DO YOU HAVE THE REMEDY FOR THIS SPIRITUAL CANCER?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bealight2012

Pride.....self centered.....and all around that area.....

Its something I deal with and I don't even know why when I have no reason to be proud and I'm actually a little shy but yeah idk....It doesn't happen aloud too much because I don't talk to much so its in the mind(*whipes foreward* any ways to fix my noggin too?) Lol like cuss words(I know this is funny) but I dont even say them anymore but my mother does and she just let's things take flight about ALL the time so idk lol but I also think of your not supposed to be of the the world just in it. My stinkin thinkin could in no way be pleasing to God. I do the whole "taking thoughts captive" and I try to stay up on that but yeah.....any sugesstions?
This problems leads to a whole other mound of problems... I talked to God about and things are changing a little....I think? But I want to know if theirs anything extra I could do or anything I could do if nothing is happening.

So ehhhhh yeppers let me know!:)
God Bless
-Andri'a and all the typos I made<3

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Heya, Missy! :)

It's really cool that you're taking your spiritual growth seriously, that's awesome! :cool:

You have already made an important first step, taking the matter to The Lord, in prayer. Right on!

I imagine that you will see more improvement with time (glad that you're already seeing some), but stay focused on it, and keep working at it!

I don't think that there's anyone alive who has never struggled with pride, it is extremely common, and very sneaky, so don't feel like you're worse than anyone else, just know that it's something to be careful of and root out whenever you see it creeping in. One trick that seems to help me is reminding myself how pathetic I am without Jesus' help. When you remember how awesome God is, it sort of puts things in perspective, ya know? :)

Also, I would strongly recommend that you ask Jesus to fill you with The Holy Spirit, doing so will help you stay on track ;).

God bless, I love your honesty, and feel free to drop me a message if you ever want to talk! Love, -Nichole