Do you hear God's voice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

I have been challenged by this - some things which have happened, have really made me think again about this whole subject.

As an example I know an elderly (but very fit sprightly lady) who is a Christian in her 80s. She was my Aunt's friend when I was a child. She lives on her own and does not have a telephone but she gets out and about all over the place. I see her around the area where I live at times and say hello, wave etc.

A short while ago I starting thinking about her how she lives on her own with no telephone so I decided that at the next opportunity I would buy her a mobile telephone and surprise her with it.

When I next went on a shopping trip I spent ages looking at all the types of phones. I wanted one which was not too complicated but ok for elderly hands to grip etc and put a lot of thought into which one to buy But I did not want one which was too simple as I knew she would enjoy working out how to use it.

In the end a decided on a Nokia with a keyboard set out a bit like a blackberry. I also bought a nice case for it. So with great delight I took this phone around to her house one Saturday afternoon to surprise her, only it was me who got the surprise!!!

When I took it around and explained what I had done, she started laughing, well she was laughing I was laughing and neither of us know what at!!

She said to me that she had spoken to someone at church earlier in the week and told them she felt she was going to get a phone and it would be a Nokia!!!!! Can you believe that!!! I was totally gob smacked.

There was me thinking it was my idea and it was God's idea all along!!!

This and other things have got me thinking. What if some of the things we do are God's idea not ours and we do not even know it. Also what if there are things we think we should do and we don't but God wants us to do them.

I don't know if anyone has had similar experiences.

O

OFM

i have'nt But Praise the Lord amen Thanx 4 sharing this with all of us amen........

K

kenisyes

I have friends who get that all the time. I do often. After a while, you almost get to where you wonder what went wrong when God didn't tell you about something ahead of time. Then you figure out He's got a bigger plan for your life, and this regular telling-ahead thing was just the first step.

God and I have a deal: He doesn't have to explain it to me, just as long as He gets me where I need to be.

N

nw2u

I always wondered if it was God or just....timing, coincidence, etc.?

M

Miri

i have a sneaky suspician that God speaks to us more than we realise, but that we are not always too good at listening.

O

OFM

GOD SPEAKS TO US 28 and 3/4 hours a day 9.50 days a week 7 weeks a month and 14.35 months a year.

J

JessW

Yes He does speak to us. We just have to listen carefully to what the Holy Spirit leads us to do.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
actually yes i have had these and i have them all the time like I will pray to god for something and a song will come on like he is responding. I went on a walk the other day and i was thinking of ways god talks with us through like nature or a song or even a picture and i saw a mushroom growing that had a perfect design of a cross. I also have aquired ever since i became a christian some very amazing and seemingly impossible desires that i believe god gave me i just somehow know they are. I have heard the voice of god in a dream but it wasn't with sound ,he spoke to me with a sense of knowing not hearing. in the dream he was showing me his plan for the universe and it was so beautiful i was crying and thanking him over and over for showing me it. I was standing right next to god and i could not see him but i knew he was there in my mind he told me it was his plan he was showing me but like i said it wasn't through sound but a sense of knowing.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Philippians 2:13
for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Isaiah 30:21
And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

S

Spenney7

I have had experiences like that. One about a week ago when I was going to my grandma's house. I saw a white animal out run behind a chair, and I thought it was a cat. My girlfriend thought it was a cat, too, and went to pet it. Then, for no logical reason at all, I decided to tell her that it isn't a cat, but it was a skunk. Turns out it actually was a skunk, and not a cat.
Another time happened last night. For the past couple days I was really pondering I Corinthians 13:4-8 in my head. I was trying to determine, "what is love?" Last night I had a feeling I should go to a website for a church that one of my friends moved to a few months back. I knew nothing about that church before, except for the name and that my friend was it's new worship leader. To my surprise, God answered my question (just like it says He will in Matthew 7:7) when I found out that that church just finished up with a 4 week series called "Making Love Last," and all the services were available of Vimeo.
The last one I'll share was about a month ago. I was at my Dad's house. I was watching him, thinking how lucky I am to have him. This time was different than the other two because I heard a voice this time instead of just having a feeling. It said, "He doesnt have much time left here." I was scared at first because I took it to mean he would be leaving the Earth soon. To my relief, he called two days later saying he would be moving a couple hours away soon.

So, to answer your question, yes these are words from God. As Christians, Jesus lives inside of us, and he is looking out for us, and all the amazing people around us because He loves us deeply.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I love hearing these kinds of stories... not chapter and verse but God in real life!

M

Miri

I love hearing these kinds of stories... not chapter and verse but God in real life!
Hi yes I agree - after all our God is not dead, he is alive, in Him we live and move and have our being. He is the same yesterday, today and forever - there would be something very wrong if we did not experience his presence in our lives today.:)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have found something very interesting, sometimes do you ever have a sort of whisper in your mind? Like it is so soft a whisper you think it's your own thought? well i decided to see if that whisper was me or god, It turns out everytime i listen to this whisper in my mind something good always happens and i fell somehow like it's god. usually i always think of him talking in my mind as words that needs no voice- the sence of just knowing

O

OFM

around my heart when praying for me alot daily.....

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I have found something very interesting, sometimes do you ever have a sort of whisper in your mind? Like it is so soft a whisper you think it's your own thought? well i decided to see if that whisper was me or god, It turns out everytime i listen to this whisper in my mind something good always happens and i fell somehow like it's god. usually i always think of him talking in my mind as words that needs no voice- the sence of just knowing
Yes but test those voices. Not everything good for us is good for us, you know?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
ya i have noticed the devil trying to mimic the voice that god speaks and i can always tell the slight diference god probably wants to make sure i can tell the diference

I

iheart06

I was driving up to a farm to pick strawberries this summer, a twisty country road. All of a sudden I said without thinking.. what if there were a deer in the road. Around the next corner. Deer. Standing right in the middle of the road.

There were no deer signs.. my boyfriend and I had been talking about other things before I said that