Do you love money?!?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PRAIASEmyGOD

ohkay i was thinkin back to before school let out for the christmas break and i remember a litting think in english we had to do and the correct thing was "it is better to give than to recieve" and then some one make a smart eliky mark saying, no i would rather recieve than give!"

and with that said it kinda hit me, showing how selfish our world has come to be, like we have so many wants and so called needs for the latest toy, a cell phone, or even money.

well i would like to spread a few bible verses with you in this post

this post is on Love,

1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13

-"love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him , always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him... there are three things that remain---faith, hope and love --- and the greatest of these is love

ohkay a big verse i know but lets break it down from the sentences
"love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude."
ohkay for example your love of money may bring jealousy among your friends, or maybe even anger, and you will be proud of the money your money or even selfishness may come upon due to money or the newest toy.
"It is not irritable or touchy."
whenever you have money you want to get your hands all over it am i right? same goes for the newest toy..

"
It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong."
have you ever lost a friend because of money and held a grudge or maybe they've got a grudge on you, and you know when people waste money as if they don't care
"It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out."
now here it says it is never glad about injustice, do you feel good after you know you made a bad investment? no you probley dont.. but you feel great when you know its gone to a good cause.
If you love someone, you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost."
now this sentence talks about if you love someone, now think if that instead of putting someone you put something? so you would be loyal to that instead of your savior or companion?
You will always believe in him , always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him... there are three things that remain---faith, hope and love --- and the greatest of these is love
here i believe it is talking about Jesus, being the him, now do he talks about having faith, hope and love, the largest is love, because your love of something can grow to an enormous amount and take over your thought about god

now here are a few verses on Money... (this could be items also)

Proverbs 15:27

-"dishonest money brings grief to all the family, but hating bribes brings happiness"

i belive this means that having money can bring grief to all of your family, but lets say your family never once bribed each other into doing something, for some of us a loved one may still be alive, or maybe your cousins may not be bankrupt, no telling what .

Luke 16:13

-"For neither you nor anyone else can serve two masters. You will hate one and show loyalty to the other, or else the other way around --- you will be enthusiastic about one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

this verse means a lot about this topic about how you can not serve you entire life begging for more money, you have to praise god fourth he should be your one and only master!

Timothy 6:10

-" For the love of money is the first step toward all kinds of sin."

now is this not true, one who give his money away to charities does not love it enough to keep it for himself and be selfish, but one who does keep it for himself can end up sinning all kinds of sin

Proverbs 10:22

-"The Lord's blessing is our greatest wealth. All our work adds nothing to it!"

now here it says the lord's blessing is our GREATEST wealth over all and our simple work adds nothing to it!

Luke 12:22-23, 31

-"don't worry about whether you have enough food to eat or clothes to wear. For life consists of far more than food and clothes ... [The Father] well always give you all you need from day to day if you will make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."

this tells me STOP WORRYING about our simple human needs! just look up towards the Kingdom of God and make it your primary concern!!

With that I will end this session... For now anyways

T

TyphaniNichole

nope! dont care too much for money! its not everything!
as a preschool teacher the topic of $$$ always pops up in a friends mouth!
i rather see people succeed & be educated then to count how many 100 dollar bills i have
& be money hungry! i love being a cheerful giver

error

Oct 23, 2009
I like money...but there are many thngs that i won't do just to have it. :)

A

andy__

Money is a good thing to have, but faith is priceless.

D

destiny

Money is good but is d root of all evil so u hv to be careful wit it

S

scott27

I've always wondered about this too.
While I agree that today's society is littered with greed and selfishness, I can't help but wonder exactly where the line should be drawn.
I myself save money for emergencies and future expenses, but does that make me selfish? I am also willing to give to those in need, and I believe I have shown that to be true in my life.
I'm guilty of want just like anyone. There are always things I want, but none of those things come before God, and I think that's the important thing.
I think that is where the line is drawn, you have to make sure God comes first. Right?

Jul 31, 2012
THOSE WHO HATES MONEY!!!! GIVE IT ALL TO ME.... or else .... you GUYS ARE JUST PRETENDING YOU HATE IT. ^___~

T

Timofree

Money is good but is d root of all evil so u hv to be careful wit it
Love of money.........

I love having money to bless people, and buy things that mostly I need, some I want.
But somebody could offer me all the money in the world to leave God's will, I'd say no. Money serves a purpose, so make money serve you, not the other way round

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
They say money cant buy happiness but I would rather be depressed in a mansion than a trailer

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
They say money cant buy happiness but I would rather be depressed in a mansion than a trailer
You remind me of a former member here. Same age. Same location. Even very similar ideas...so I have a question for you.... Do you like the Transformers?

S

SkepticalCynic

I like the sense of security that comes with having money in the bank in that I can pay off any expenses that may arise.
There is also excitement in the knowledge that I have the freedom to purchase a novelty for my enjoyment or that of my friends and family.

A

answers

Money doesn't hold value in my mind, heart, or actions. I often feel alienated because I really do not care for what money can bring, or buy. My husband has been raised materialisticly and often struggles mentally being married to me. He always wants bigger, better, shinier, newer, or whatever besides what he has. I have zero interest and often fake interest just so he doesn't alienate me too.

To give personal information as insight, I have shared before that I became a mom at seventeen. Well, I have managed living comfortable for going on twelve years on an income of less than 13/hr. We own our own home, one vehicle, have three kids, and nine animals. We live just fine! Our kids play sports, take piano lessons, show in fair, and so on. They have no idea that we are "worldly poor". We donate belongings, money, and time. I stay at home as a homemaker and mom, while my husband works hard. We both are in school half-time. We coach our kids in soccer. We have to provide transportation to school for our kids. We don't drink, smoke, or anything else.

God has always provided and I trust he always will! I am happy with wherever the lord takes us, and I will accept any life style that is god willing.

K

KennethSteven

Well i love money as today its the source of life. I know love can never be compared with money but thinking practically i think to survive we need money.

A

Aubza

How could a money be all root of sin?..while God said ''silver and gold are mine''..isnt He refer to money?

A

Aubza

Isnt God refer to money as He said ''silver and gold are mine"?

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Isnt God refer to money as He said ''silver and gold are mine"?
Yes God was referring to money when he says in Haggai 2:8 " The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts."

God doesn't mind us having money. He wants us to be well off and be able to bless others as well. In 1 Timothy 6:10 it says that the love of money is the root of all evil. Not that money in itself is evil. God doesn't want us to worship money over him. If it's more important for someone to have money over God, than that's what God doesn't want and is considered evil. It says in Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (mammon referring to money).

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
How could a money be all root of sin?..while God said ''silver and gold are mine''..isnt He refer to money?
The bible did not say that money is the root of all evil but the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Money is not in itself evil but the love of it can lead to greediness and jealousy or people trying to earn it unlawfully, for instance stealing, this is why the bible says in Psalm 62:10, "Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them".