Do you openly pursue trying to find a significant other?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hangingbyathread

I met my latest nightmare on an online dating site. I wanted to put myself out there and meet people. I was deceived. I realize that this isn't the case every time. To answer your question... I think every situation is different. Sure, we should trust God to guide and lead us but as one other person replied, God isn't going to do it all for us either. Being safe and using common sense is the most important issue (I think).

C

Chrissy77

I've pretty much decided that God has someone really awesome for me, but I'm not going to meet her online. Meeting at church is the way to go. Then you immediately know you're both Christian, single, and believe more or less the same doctrine. You have the same group of friends to keep you accountable; it's more of a community.

How does this work when you don't have but maybe three people in your whole church who are single and your age?

C

Chrissy77

Once you start getting picky about a particular church, version of Bible, professing faith, etc. you can forget about finding a mate that meets all your expectations.

I will have to say that , yes , it would be hard but it is possible. Two men in my church met women online and married them who are of the same faith. One met his wife online on one of the dating sites and he put that he was looking for someone of his faith and beliefs. She was from half way across the U.S. The other one met his wife on a dating site but she was the one and only person he ever contacted and she was from Portugal. She put him through a lot to be sure he was the one God had for her and to make sure he was serving God. She even had my pastor send a letter that stated he was a faithful man in the church. Both couples knew in a very short time that they had met the person they were going to spend the rest of their life with.

4evrfree

I think at this point in my life the only thing I'm pursuing is friendship... There are very few singles in the church I'm attending and it can get rather lonely at times! I'm defiantly interested in marriage someday but at this point I really just want to meet more friend... get to know more people.

T

tapuout101

I've been waiting and waiting for a knock on the door, but nothing yet. I think my door maybe broken I'll have to check it out. :p If I try to say something to a girl at the store her husband gets mad. jk I kind of just gave up on looking for someone. Woman have checklist on all their profiles these days and I keep getting F's. All I can have is Hope.Hope.Hope.

W

Wilfred

Neither looking nor not looking.
Figured if I posted no picture here, no one would bother looking, whom only sees the superficial.

Jul 25, 2005
The door to my heart is locked until further notice. I know not when or under what conditions. That said, I wouldn't call it "waiting" parse. I'm not the gentleman in the popular proverb waiting for God to save him from a flood.

I just know that the time and place are not right for me to open myself up. When I feel God is directing me to open up, I will. A lady doesn't need to be there for this to happen though.

C

Chrissy77

Tapuout..... All you can do is wait and trust in the Lord.

Wilfred... If people are only interested in what you look like and not what is in your heart and what your walk with God is like, then you honestly don't need them.

Ritter.... I think when God wants you to open yourself up he will make the way for that to happen for you without any reservations.