Do you REALLLY want to know, ladies, why it is so hard being a christian guy.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Because we follow God''s laws (yes, like you) and not JUST man's.

Does that make sense?

It is frustrating to we christian guys when we get passed over by a girl we like because she chooses a guy who is christian but OBVIOUSLY living a wordly (lukewarm) lifestyle, or, non-christian guy. Not judging, just saying this affects the strong follower of God's confidence, eve though guy knows shouldn't let it, for He knows the Lord leads.

Moreover, it can be hard for the Christian guy because he faithfully pays his taxes, NOT cheats on them, and, no, I'm NOT saying a non-christian or lukewarm Christian cheats, I am saying that a true follower of Christ guy, ultimately, lets the Spirit lead but 'paying Caeser what is Ceaser's' is scripture and man's laws, so, Christian guy obeys, faithfully.

And, then there is the matter of tithe and this too is , ultimately, led by the Spirit, and, it will be what the Lord says the guy should sacrifice, probably 10% per paycheck, plus, they give to other things like sponsoring a child or supporting a Christian website (do you really want to know how much some faithful christian guys gave to c.c. last year, the year before? I bet it, relatively.speaking, was a lot, and, sure, in America a lady makes 1/3 salary less than guy in salary, on average in America, but , just saying..) And, so , that salary of 60K cut in HALF said. miladies, you can now understand when guy says to you, ” Sorry, Carrie-jean but I can't afford to buy you that nice necklace or take you to that expensive broadway play you want to see at the Fifth Avenue. ”

So, miladies, let the Lord lead, choose your guy wisely, but I GUARANTEE you want God's guy for you, and, he is out there, you just have to be open to the pauper guy God may lead you to. and, yes, that guy is not rich but he is a guy with a heart after God's, who has NOT gained the world in profit but forfeited his soul.

With 50% offf a 60K yearly gross salary made, you, miladies, need to go to God and be content and understanding why he can't afford those beautiful expensive shoes you want. be still, be supportive , and 'Know that I am (is) God. :)
_______
Now, all this said, this is not to say to settle for a pauper, miladies. No, not REALLY saying that, but then again, I am

I pray that you settle for the guy God has for you and that guy might look poor because his 60K yearly income is 50% gone from taxes and tithe and charity giving and then he has to eat, pay a mortgage, or, rent, and also car expenses , so, by the time he has money left over he is BARELY making 10 K per year, wherez the savings even??? So, though, it might not look like much but having entertainment things to spend on you and surprise yearly expenses and spoil you as much as he can with as little as he has, makes him really have not much.

Thoughts?

I am not being too trite, sorry, this is serious stuff and, I think, miladies, IF you can keep this perspective in mind you might, pethaps, during the summer man-hunting season coming up lol, be prepared to understand your 'game' better . And......for the good christian guy they are financially, emotionally, morally, and socially, and, of course, spiritually trying their best to put God FIRST in ALL areas of their life. And, thst's no game (to them), miladies, that is how they want to live as singles and that is how they want to live in marriage.

May Jesus bless you, miladies, for picking a seeming pauper over a princely money guy, and, yeah, of course, may He bless you too, notmydudes :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Not all of the 'miladies' want expensive shoes, necklaces, or broadway plays. What group are you hanging out with anyway? ;)

Dec 20, 2011
Hmmmm, I can see what your saying, but cant say I totally agree with all of it.

I totally agree that men should be following Gods laws, just as we should and be dedicating our time and money to the furthering of Gods work, as well as following the laws of our land in as far as they don't contradict Gods laws. I can also agree that in some, but not all cases this can lead to a life of not so much poverty but lesser wealth.

What I cant agree with is that this is a big issue for myself or any of the girls I know who are dating or in relationships, even among my non-Christian friends. It may be a matter of simply surrounding myself with people who aren't that shallow, or if its just that this generation of young people have seen the financial market ruin people and families struggle to survive with two people supporting a household. Granted we all want someone who is financially stable, but for me at least and those friends I've talked seriously about this with, that is more about having a stable job, good credit and a plan for the future then raking in the dough. I work for a not for profit and am a Christian, I might as well have taken a vow of poverty myself, it would be so unfair to expect a Godly Christian man to be showering me with gifts if I cant in turn share my wealth with him.

I can see though, that if this is your experience that it would be very disheartening.

J

Jullianna

Not all of the 'miladies' want expensive shoes, necklaces, or broadway plays. What group are you hanging out with anyway? ;)
Not only do not all of us want or expect such things, but, like the Proverbs 31 woman, some of us are/have always been employed and are very capable business women who have no problem working alongside our men.

G

GreenNnice

Yes, I know, not doubting that fact for one minute, those who live their life following Him do not care of those things necessary to equal relationship materialism quality, Loocy :)

Hmmmm, I can see what your saying, but cant say I totally agree with all of it.

I totally agree that men should be following Gods laws, just as we should and be dedicating our time and money to the furthering of Gods work, as well as following the laws of our land in as far as they don't contradict Gods laws. I can also agree that in some, but not all cases this can lead to a life of not so much poverty but lesser wealth.

What I cant agree with is that this is a big issue for myself or any of the girls I know who are dating or in relationships, even among my non-Christian friends. It may be a matter of simply surrounding myself with people who aren't that shallow, or if its just that this generation of young people have seen the financial market ruin people and families struggle to survive with two people supporting a household. Granted we all want someone who is financially stable, but for me at least and those friends I've talked seriously about this with, that is more about having a stable job, good credit and a plan for the future then raking in the dough. I work for a not for profit and am a Christian, I might as well have taken a vow of poverty myself, it would be so unfair to expect a Godly Christian man to be showering me with gifts if I cant in turn share my wealth with him.

I can see though, that if this is your experience that it would be very disheartening.
It is not disheartening at all, sorry, if I sounded like I was playing the sympathy card, I was not, just mentioning that truth of God--following-with-all-their-heart (and mind and wallet) Christian guys. :)

Not only do not all of us want or expect such things, but, like the Proverbs 31 woman, some of us are/have always been employed and are very capable business women who have no problem working alongside our men.
I know, julieannie, and, so do christian God guys, they totally understand that fact, but they have sometimes, oh, ok, OFTEN, OH, OK, almost always, had God refine them from past living/doing things wayd. And, that fire refined them, melted some 'slag,,' and, it came at a cost, sometimes great cost to the good God guy, and, take your pick of 'cost,,' it is just what was the Lord's leading in their life.

Anyway, the guy is TOTALLY after chasing God's will for their life after that transformational commital/recommital to Jesus' that burned up his old self (crucified it)) and is now living with a whole new way of living, not for profit, and, instead to bring glory to God and win others to Christ.

What lightnin' said is true, about not caring what happend to him-die even-if it was for The cause of Christ.

I will find this quote unless lightnin' beats me to it,, but, yes, this goes all to say that a guy can seem aloof, not caring, when speaking to you, miladies, but that is not the case at all, they are just letting The Lord lead. They will follow Him.at all costs.

YOU should want that kind of sacrificial guy, miladies. They are sold out on His ways.

Someone made the guess that I was 'infatuated' with a girl when I said after the thread fragment, 'You know you really like a girl when...she is talking to you and you are having a hard time lidtening.'

So, the real reason (not infatuation) why not hearing girl speak is because I (and, I am sure I have company on this) am praying to God that this is a situation from Him and I always consult God for answers for everything, but even more if girl is liked being talked to.

So........good answers and response , rushingbreeze, julieannie, loocy, there is much good in your womanly words, and, yes, julieannie, proverbs 31 is excellent example of what a refined Christian God guy is looking for, or, 'who looking for,' lol. Miladies, you are never a 'what' to me. Maybe you're a 'huh?' or a 'why.' :D

I'm kidding around witn you now, milsfies, just please keep in mind thst this thread was done (mostly) for you so you can have a view inside the heart of a good Christian guy that's TOTALLY sold out on living as a way of What Would Jesus Do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kayem77

Because we follow God''s laws (yes, like you) and not JUST man's.

Does that make sense?

It is frustrating to we christian guys when we get passed over by a girl we like because she chooses a guy who is christian but OBVIOUSLY living a wordly (lukewarm) lifestyle, or, non-christian guy. Not judging, just saying this affects the strong follower of God's confidence, eve though guy knows shouldn't let it, for He knows the Lord leads.

Moreover, it can be hard for the Christian guy because he faithfully pays his taxes, NOT cheats on them, and, no, I'm NOT saying a non-christian or lukewarm Christian cheats, I am saying that a true follower of Christ guy, ultimately, lets the Spirit lead but 'paying Caeser what is Ceaser's' is scripture and man's laws, so, Christian guy obeys, faithfully.

And, then there is the matter of tithe and this too is , ultimately, led by the Spirit, and, it will be what the Lord says the guy should sacrifice, probably 10% per paycheck, plus, they give to other things like sponsoring a child or supporting a Christian website (do you really want to know how much some faithful christian guys gave to c.c. last year, the year before? I bet it, relatively.speaking, was a lot, and, sure, in America a lady makes 1/3 salary less than guy in salary, on average in America, but , just saying..) And, so , that salary of 60K cut in HALF said. miladies, you can now understand when guy says to you, ” Sorry, Carrie-jean but I can't afford to buy you that nice necklace or take you to that expensive broadway play you want to see at the Fifth Avenue. ”

So, miladies, let the Lord lead, choose your guy wisely, but I GUARANTEE you want God's guy for you, and, he is out there, you just have to be open to the pauper guy God may lead you to. and, yes, that guy is not rich but he is a guy with a heart after God's, who has NOT gained the world in profit but forfeited his soul.

With 50% offf a 60K yearly gross salary made, you, miladies, need to go to God and be content and understanding why he can't afford those beautiful expensive shoes you want. be still, be supportive , and 'Know that I am (is) God. :)
_______
Now, all this said, this is not to say to settle for a pauper, miladies. No, not REALLY saying that, but then again, I am

I pray that you settle for the guy God has for you and that guy might look poor because his 60K yearly income is 50% gone from taxes and tithe and charity giving and then he has to eat, pay a mortgage, or, rent, and also car expenses , so, by the time he has money left over he is BARELY making 10 K per year, wherez the savings even??? So, though, it might not look like much but having entertainment things to spend on you and surprise yearly expenses and spoil you as much as he can with as little as he has, makes him really have not much.

Thoughts?

I am not being too trite, sorry, this is serious stuff and, I think, miladies, IF you can keep this perspective in mind you might, pethaps, during the summer man-hunting season coming up lol, be prepared to understand your 'game' better . And......for the good christian guy they are financially, emotionally, morally, and socially, and, of course, spiritually trying their best to put God FIRST in ALL areas of their life. And, thst's no game (to them), miladies, that is how they want to live as singles and that is how they want to live in marriage.

May Jesus bless you, miladies, for picking a seeming pauper over a princely money guy, and, yeah, of course, may He bless you too, notmydudes :)
When I read the general idea....I think it applies to both men and women if you are talking about someone living the godly way. To be honest, I find a little discouraging, no wait, VERY discouraging that Christians act like the world.

I personally am not looking for a wordly guy, I am looking (though not actually looking) for someone who honors God with his life in every angle. My family has told me I'm naive and stupid for trying to live God's way, not cheating when it comes to gettin stuff cheaper, or saying things like '' it's wrong to lie when doing your taxes''. So I can tell you, not all ladies are more worried about shoes, necklaces and material stuff, yes I like them of course :) but I wouldn't marry a guy who gets me stuff but it's not interesting in living a Christian life.

I agree with you Mr. Green , many girls prefer wordly ''Christian'' guys ( if that even exists) but I would question the walk of those girls, and I will probably sound judgemental, but the truth is that many want a comfortable Christianity instead of seeking God's will, and that's not real faith, though that's a whole other topic.

What I'm saying here is, being Christian should be hard for men and women, and if both men and women lived the hard way, wouldn't that make it easier? :)

G

GreenNnice

When I read the general idea....I think it applies to both men and women if you are talking about someone living the godly way. To be honest, I find a little discouraging, no wait, VERY discouraging that Christians act like the world.

I personally am not looking for a wordly guy, I am looking (though not actually looking) for someone who honors God with his life in every angle. My family has told me I'm naive and stupid for trying to live God's way, not cheating when it comes to gettin stuff cheaper, or saying things like '' it's wrong to lie when doing your taxes''. So I can tell you, not all ladies are more worried about shoes, necklaces and material stuff, yes I like them of course :) but I wouldn't marry a guy who gets me stuff but it's not interesting in living a Christian life.

I agree with you Mr. Green , many girls prefer wordly ''Christian'' guys ( if that even exists) but I would question the walk of those girls, and I will probably sound judgemental, but the truth is that many want a comfortable Christianity instead of seeking God's will, and that's not real faith, though that's a whole other topic.

What I'm saying here is, being Christian should be hard for men and women, and if both men and women lived the hard way, wouldn't that make it easier? :)
Your life is His for you, kayM, it is not of this world, even though it will be so blessed, out of this world awesome, for following Him. The right guy that follows God will be easy to see, yes, IF you, too, have allowed the same refining fire of God to eliminate the dross from your life. The timing is His, your with a strong understanding of scripture, your voice is strong, let it always be His voice who leads you.
Yes, do not be judgmental (not saying you are), just live, milady, in His full blessed assurance of power that will reveal all great things for purpose of your life. :)

error

Oct 23, 2009
No, i don't want to know :D

M

MissMatch0314

Sometimes the right things are just so hard to do.:D

G

GreenNnice

Sometimes the right things are just so hard to do.:D
________(
So true. Oh, so true, missfire (note, that is not to be confused with 'misfire' :D )

The power of God in us DOES conquer all . :)

God says (many times, many ways).......
that
we can do all things with Him. Nothing is impossible with God, And, also, many think, 'I will never leave you nor forsak you' is said one time , in Hebrews 13:5. It is said a few times in scripture.

This emphasis on God's powe lets us know that God will be with us IF we surrender all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rainacorn

If a man was sent by God, there's no need to 'settle' for him.