Do You Really Want a "Godly Man"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Ok ladies the men are busting my chops on the thread on wanting a Godly woman.So I'll be fair and we can all settle down. :) Mens values of what is a Godly woman have changed for the most part.No I dont have google evidence of this but if you're out there dating you see it.Women we must admit have changed their values.I hear many men say "she only wants my money" And women must admit we have also had more worldly values.Of course its not wise to marry a lazy man who wont work.But are we looking too much to the material and not the character of a man? What do we really value as Christian woman.Once again not all Christian women are material but I'd bet we are more so than our mothers and grandmothers.Would you marry a man who was a good worker but not making much money.Pretend you couldnt work.Would you marry that guy?

S

sassylady

I started to answer this earlier and had to admit to myself, could I marry a man who didn't have much or have a very good job. There was a time when I thought it would not matter, but since I have been a single mom on a very low income for 10 years now, I COULD marry a man that didn't have much, but I don't WANT to. I would rather have somebody who does well. Not meaning rich at all necessarily, but good enough to be able to go do something occasionally and not just sit a home because there isn't enough money.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Miss Kayla I am going to make a poll based on your threads because they have interested me in what values makes a person wanted in the female or male eyes

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Having a godly man is open to many interpretations. Some godly men think they now have sort of a "obey me" attitude toward their wives (I am the head). Their natural tendencies to control are given free license with this one thought.

Some godly men are into such godly pursuits that they fail to become the lowly servant to their wives (as Jesus is to the church), and they fail to minister to her in loving ways and fail to listen with empathy to her feelings. They do not see that their first ministry is to their wives.

Some godly men love to quote scripture all the time to answer all questions she might have and, thereby, avoid the intimacy required from them.

I've seen it all... and don't put much stock into "godly man" anymore. I have even counseled a woman whose husband was a preacher and beat her all the time to teach her submission. No one in the congregation knew it because of the smile she always wore.

So a godly man to me is one who puts the needs of their wives before their own (very scriptural, as we are to do it for each other), is one who will pray with her, who will share honestly with her his feelings, but above all will live out the I Cor. 13 chapter of love: Forgive, suffer long, keep no record of wrongs, is kind, patient, and believes the best.

I got this man!

Joi

Last edited: