Do Zodiac signs really matter for people's personality guide?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

snow_raven

Hello everybody!

I was asked this many times- I'd be talking randomly to some ppl on a chatroom, or even some friends of mine- and they randomly ask me.

"You're a Gemini- aren't you?"
"Why yes I am- O_O but how do you know?"
" You just talk like one, and act like one-"

sooo.... :p

I am wondering, is it possible to categorize someone's personality just by their zodiac sign?

or

Is it just a coincidence? Or even a superstition?

What are your thoughts on this... Hmmmm...? o_O

I

Indubitably

No, unless you can prove that when God created us, He applied some Zodiac principle in giving us our character and personality. I would think NOT!

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
A couple of months ago I watched a 1980's TV debate between two Christians scholars (Walter Martin and John Weldon) and two astrologers (Maxine Taylor and Terry Warneke). And although I believe the two Christians easily win this debate, I still found the debate from both sides to be extremely informative and educational. I will link it below for those who are interested in watching.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI3I_TyvS_Y[/video]

K

kenisyes

It's normally forgotten, but Ivan T. Sanderson, in his book "Investigating the Unexplained", gave a stunning proof of where the Zodiac came from. he laid it over Babylon, goat pointing north, and then each sign fell over the area where the Babylonian's went to get whatever. in other words, the crab was where they went crab hunting, the scales where they exchanged money, etc. Astrology is just a Babylonian shopping mall directory that people tried to get meaning out of when they lacked God.

I once read a neat little book that did scientific tests of astrology, like asking professional astrologers to predict convicted murderers from CEO's, They failed on every test. It was discovered that there are certain unexpected coincidences, like more doctors born (4% vs. 2%) when Jupiter was rising.

The conclusion is simple. People without God look for meaning in whatever they can find. There is some effect of external events on you, but Scripture tells us that you have a choice, as God's plan is stronger if you care to let Him in. If you do not follow God, you will be at the mercy of the "other" plan. Maybe some of that is in the stars, but none of it need affect you.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
what is a zodiac? it sounds like something fron star trek no offence. and how does it imply with being a christian because it sounds interesting

G

Gabriel777

I had an astrologer come up to me one time and started telling me about my personality detail by detail and got everything right. I'm not saying I believe in astrology or condone it but they do know something. The fact that they study stars and planets to match a person's personality still baffles me.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
I have never believed in astrology myself and so have never consulted astrologers for anything except that during my high school, I used to read occasionally about my horoscope (not the personality trait) that comes daily in the regional paper. But since a lot of my friends (mostly secular friends in college and university) have told me time and again that I personified typical gemini, I was curious and looked up at the personality trait of gemini from a small handbook. After looking at it (though I still neither care nor believe about it), I must admit that my friends were not wrong in labelling me as 'typical gemini'.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2009
I had an astrologer come up to me one time and started telling me about my personality detail by detail and got everything right. I'm not saying I believe in astrology or condone it but they do know something. The fact that they study stars and planets to match a person's personality still baffles me.
They study the planets and stars much like fortunetellers study palms and reading cards. One has as much witchcraft as the other. It is not of God.

K

kenisyes

what is a zodiac? it sounds like something fron star trek no offence. and how does it imply with being a christian because it sounds interesting
Star arrangements in the sky suggest pictures when you "connect the dots" (constellations). For many years, people found their way around, by remembering the appearance of the sky by the pictures they seemed to suggest. Later, people reasoned that God put the stars where they are, so the pictures told them something about Him, and thus about His world. The more people that thought this way, the more they started trying to use the pictures to tell fortunes. They arranged certain selected basic pictures into a fortune telling scheme, listing the personalities and futures that there might be, for memory convenience. The scheme (the list of pictures) is called a zodiac. The Egyptians, Babylonians and Chinese each had their own scheme. There is some truth to it (it's how the Wisemen found Jesus, and is mentioned a little in the book of Job), but like any attempt to explain God by human fairy stories (about the pictures), it's mostly not accurate, and leads quickly to dependence on demons for more information. Christians need to stay away from it. There have been some famous prophets and other leaders who started Christian, but who did witchcraft after studying it, like John Dee, and Nostradamus, and did not even noticed they had switched.

it's very "interesting" (mentally) and that's part of the reason that people get tempted by it. It pretends to give you answers faster than God does, and all you have to do is "calculate" with the schemes to get them. Rom. 12:2 "be transformed by the renewal of your mind", not "be led by information in your mind".

K

kenisyes

So now you know how to get Satan's plan for your life. Like the Bible says: Whose report will you believe? [I'm sure it's a silly question for you personally. I'm speaking rhetorically, for everyone who has had such an experience.]

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Horoscope, fortune telling, palm reading, etc., are all false standard of guidance straight from the pit of hell and such practices are idolatry, which is an abomination unto God. Some of these practices have led people into strongholds of occultism and demonic oppression. Rather, we should seek guidance from God in all areas of our life for He knows the future (Psalm 32:8).

Deu 18:10-12
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Rev 21:8- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Horoscope, fortune telling, palm reading, etc., are all false standard of guidance straight from the pit of hell and such practices are idolatry, which is an abomination unto God. Some of these practices have led people into strongholds of occultism and demonic oppression. Rather, we should seek guidance from God in all areas of our life for He knows the future (Psalm 32:8).

Deu 18:10-12
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Rev 21:8- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I concur with you here though I was guilty of even looking at it out of curiosity at one point of time in my life.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
yikes ima stay away from it then

G

GM777

I'm confident that we are supposed to stay away from things like astrology, numerology, horoscopes, fortune-telling, psychics, etc. I would say that it matters because it's devil inspired, and I would suggest people stay away from things like that.

K

kenisyes

This is for the two who posted they used to watch horoscopes, etc. God forgives upon repentance. Repentance means a decision to change. It's clear from your posts you have repented. So you are forgiven; just don't do it any more. Even better, trust God to show His plan for your future.