Doctors find that a medieval eye medication kills the MRSA virus

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Donkeyfish07

I just had a neighbor and friend who died from, basically, the effects and complications arising from a MRSA infection. This was of HUGE interest to me. Thank you.
I caught MRSA about 5 years ago at the place I was working (it had bad sanitary conditions so it doesnt surprise me). i contracted it on my leg and Im a stubborn guy, so I didnt know what it was and let it get really bad before I had it checked out. The doctor told me what it was and I had never heard of it before. I was prescribed a 300 dollar prescription ointment that had bactrim, nystatin, and one other medicine I cant recall mixed with it. He said it was hard to get rid of.

The ointment cleared it up after about 5 days but after I ran out of ointment, it came back just as bad as before. I had no insurance and couldnt afford to keep that up so I scoured the internet trying to find anything that I might be able to do myself. I ran across research on silver, and read that it kills microbes. Im like well, this is microbial so maybe ill try that collodial silver stuff people talk about. My thinking was that silver isnt organic, therefore the bug cant develop resistance to it like it does antibiotics.

I never did get collodial silver, because i ran across some ointment at a walgreens called "Curad silver solution". It said on the box that its a barrier to MRSA (was not advertised as a cure or treatment, i decided to use it for treatment based on what i learned about silver and i was desperate). It had the silver parts per million on the box, but cant recall the exact number.

It was 9 bucks a tube at the time, within 24 hours i noticed immediate relief. It was still there when i ran out of the first tube, so i just bought more. By the 5th tube it was completely gone and never came back. They still make it and the price has gone down to about 4 bucks a tube. It wont help if it gets into your bloodstream and infests (thats most likely what happened to your friend), but that stuff certainly cured me at the skin level when 300 dollars of traditional treatments failed. Worked better, faster, cheaper, permanently, and was over the counter.

Nobody that I've told considers it to be that profound of a thing, even healthcare professionals. I've been scratching my head wondering why nobody cares about the info. Its probably the most useful thing I've ever figured out.

D

Donkeyfish07

That is a mistake on your part....colloidal silver does not turn blue...SILVER NITRATE does........ :)
Where this guy screwed up, is that he had a high intake of sea salt in his daily health regimen (which is very unusual in and of itself, first time I ever heard of anyone high dosing sea salt chronically). He was simultaneously taking collodal silver every single day for years. If my chemisty memory serves me correctly, anytime you mix enough sea salt and the collodial silver solution its chemically guaranteed to produce silver nitrate. He probably couldnt have made his smurf juice more potent than it was even if he was trying on purpose.

Nov 30, 2012
I'm putting this in the "They understood far more than we do" column.

AzureAfire

Apr 16, 2013
Um....I couldn't resist.

No offense to anyone, but MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) IS NOT a virus. It's bacteria. Staphylococcus aureus is bacteria that is commonly found on human skin, that finds opportunity to cause infection on skin when there is a break on the skin (wounds, scratches). MRSA is a more resistant type of this bacteria, mainly because of the improper use of antibiotics, rendering the bacteria resistant to most antibiotics, including Methicillin.

The home remedy suggested here, has ingredients (particularly garlic) that have strong antibacterial properties :)

*sigh* I can't help being a doctor, even when I'm on a vacation o.o;

V

Viligant_Warrior

Ha Funny.... but didn't Jesus cure a blind man using nothing but mud and spit? :rolleyes:
Yes, He did. Maybe He inspired the mixture the scientists are promoting here.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I tried colloidal silver for my RA for quite a few months and it did nothing for me. I find taking vitamins and general minerals do more for my basic health.

Also MSRA is more likely to be contracted in a hospital or very sanitary place. That is because all the cleaning compounds kill everything else, but the MSRA, VRE and other infections are not killed by them.

My father picked up VRE in a heart unit about 5 months before he died. He had no symptoms, but the hospital was required to isolate him, which just took the life out of him.