Doctor's uncover secret to eternal life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2014
Since media tends to be completely ignorant of the science they cover, I'm quite a bit skeptical of their headline. I'm especially skeptical because the article itself doesn't support the title.

T

Tintin

Since media tends to be completely ignorant of the science they cover, I'm quite a bit skeptical of their headline. I'm especially skeptical because the article itself doesn't support the title.
Do they ever? I remember reading an article a week or so ago about a tennis player dying of heart failure. The heading likened her to Anna Kournakova in such a way that you could be forgiven for thinking Anna was the one who had died. Journalistic lies? What's new?

A

AgeofKnowledge

LOL. It's like a complete ignoramus wrote the title. Not true or even close to the truth. The free radical theory, all by itself, completely refutes the idea of a biological organism realizing "eternal life" from lengthening chromosomes in this universe.

S

Sirk

"Many years" does not eternity make...haha

E

elf3

hahaha this is funny. I do not want to live eternally here. Maybe with a full body replacement to get rid of my arthritis but yeah i dont think so. GO GO gadget arms!!!

S

Sirk

Was the body designed to live forever? I'm fairly confident that the bible indicates that.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
1st Corinthians 15:38 .) But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 .) All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 .) There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 .) There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 .) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 .) It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 .) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 .) And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 .) Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 .) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 .) As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 .) And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 .) Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 .) Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 .) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 .) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 .) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 .) O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 .) The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 .) But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 .) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Was the body designed to live forever? I'm fairly confident that the bible indicates that.
I'm not sure about that. But I do know that, at the time of Noah, God limited the life span to, at most, 120 years (Genesis 6:3), and Moses acknowledged that man has 70, or if he is hardy, 80 years in this life (Psalm 90:10). So while God may have intended man to live forever physically, or sin put an end to that, and now the only opportunity is through the eternal life in heaven -- or be born after the Tribulation, but it's too late for all of us to try that.

Dec 12, 2013
Good luck with that.......lets say for grins that they actually figure this out......I some how have a difficult time believing that what they do will make it past the (orge) of God as in his fiery indignation!

Key word above (grins) as there is no way to get around what God decrees...........!

E

elf3

Good luck with that.......lets say for grins that they actually figure this out......I some how have a difficult time believing that what they do will make it past the (orge) of God as in his fiery indignation!

Key word above (grins) as there is no way to get around what God decrees...........!
I still want "gadget arms and legs" though. That would be fun lol ill keep the head and brain though cause I is a smert feller I I does think I look perty :)

Dec 12, 2013
I still want "gadget arms and legs" though. That would be fun lol ill keep the head and brain though cause I is a smert feller I I does think I look perty :)
HAHAH funny......just a side not....I had some arthritis in my wrists and fingers from 14 years of machining parts for jets and missiles and I made and took colloidal silver (one ounce a day) for about 6 months...silver kills 45o known pathogens in less than 5 minutes and after two months of taking it I lost all pain in my joints and can crack my knuckles again........Arthritis is an infection of the joints......might help you out a bit.......

I researched it heavily and seems the Romans, Greeks, Jews, Settlers etc. all used silver in a beneficial way...........!

I know a guy who had a tumor the size of a soft ball in the middle of his back and he made and had his neighbor inject the tumor with colloidal silver and the tumor shrunk and disappeared after about 6 months.....He is the one who initially turned me on to it and like I said after much research I checked it out......You can make enough for 128 days for about a buck!

I took it 6 months and haven't taken it is like 2 years and my joints are still fine....!

E

elf3

Sometimes I wonder if when God created us He was thinking "this will be funny". Lol "hey Holy Spirit and Jesus check out what they are trying to do". As God says to the Holy Spirit "I got another one for you to fix". Jesus with His head between His hands "sigh" and God the Father saying "yeah I know".

E

elf3

HAHAH funny......just a side not....I had some arthritis in my wrists and fingers from 14 years of machining parts for jets and missiles and I made and took colloidal silver (one ounce a day) for about 6 months...silver kills 45o known pathogens in less than 5 minutes and after two months of taking it I lost all pain in my joints and can crack my knuckles again........Arthritis is an infection of the joints......might help you out a bit.......

I researched it heavily and seems the Romans, Greeks, Jews, Settlers etc. all used silver in a beneficial way...........!

I know a guy who had a tumor the size of a soft ball in the middle of his back and he made and had his neighbor inject the tumor with colloidal silver and the tumor shrunk and disappeared after about 6 months.....He is the one who initially turned me on to it and like I said after much research I checked it out......You can make enough for 128 days for about a buck!

I took it 6 months and haven't taken it is like 2 years and my joints are still fine....!
I'll have to ask my pain management Dr. See if it's ok with all my meds or if it will mess with my pain management in the way if I took "Illeagle drugs". Some people told me "pot" would help my pain but I for sure don't want to take chance of losing my pain management not to mention I can say "never have and never will" when it comes to any illeagle drug. When ya dis crazy all dem Illegal stuff I fur sure doesn't need.

E

elf3

Having arthritis in just about every joint from the neck down only stops ya if ya let it. My mom (even though she died) would kill me if I gave up. I don't think God wants me to give up anyway. Giving up is giving in and I don't bend :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
when you pass on, who gets to mine the silver? what's that stuff an ounce now?

S

Sirk

The best shot man has at mimicking eternal life is downloading someone into a computer but even then all it takes is one power surge and the hard drive is fried. Haha.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Actually, I think there might be good science behind this.

I know with RA, the disease which Elf and I suffer with, the telomeres shorten at twice the rate of normal people. Therefore, if I will die younger because of this disease because of that shortening, it seems probable that lengthening them by some method might prolong life.

I personally don't want to live forever in a body which is deformed and in pain, however. My hope is in the resurrection of the body!

"So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable" 1 Cor. 15:42.

Looking forward to that day!