Doctrine Unaware

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
I believe one of the most important teachings of Scripture is the truth that Christians have no covenant with God, but are recipients of a covenant between the Father and the Son, which is the “Covenant of Redemption”; and its primary theme is Hebrews 13:20: “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, 21, Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever, Amen.”

“The Covenant of Redemption is the agreement made between the members of the Trinity in order to bring us salvation. We find allusions to it in several Biblical texts. Under this covenant, the Father plans redemption and sends the Son in order to save His people. The Son agrees to be sent and to do the work necessary to save the elect (John 10:17–18), and the Spirit agrees to apply the work of Christ to us by sealing us unto salvation (Eph 1:13–14). -R. C. Sproul
https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devo...ant of redemption is,order to save His people.

There is nowhere in Scripture that supports Christians having a covenant with God. When Jesus said "this is My Blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Mat 26:28), it in no way referred to a covenant with man, but with the Father. The covenant that believers have in Christ is the "Everlasting Covenant" (“Covenant of Redemption”), and there is no mention of man's involvement here.

This, for the most part, hasn’t been taught in the Churchs; and it’s my opinion that it will never become a common doctrine among Christians. Of course, this is not essential salvation doctrine, thus believing or disbelieving in it cannot affect one’s salvation, just one’s spiritual growth.

God bless, and God be blessed!

NetChaplain (Robert Hall)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
John 15:15
Easy-to-Read Version

15 I no longer call you servants, because servants don’t know what their master is doing. But now I call you friends, because I have told you everything that my Father told me.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Romans 11-29 speaks on this as well.
Blessings
28 The Jews refuse to accept the Good News, so they are God’s enemies. This has happened to help you who are not Jews. But they are still God’s chosen people, and he loves them because of the promises he made to their ancestors. 29 God never changes his mind about the people he calls. He never decides to take back the blessings he has given them. 30 At one time you refused to obey God. But now you have received mercy, because the Jews refused to obey. 31 And now they are the ones who refuse to obey, because God showed mercy to you. But this happened so that they can also receive mercy from him. 32 All people have refused to obey God. And he has put them all together as people who don’t obey him so that he can show mercy to everyone.
:)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I believe one of the most important teachings of Scripture is the truth that Christians have no covenant with God, but are recipients of a covenant between the Father and the Son, which is the “Covenant of Redemption”; and its primary theme is Hebrews 13:20: “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, 21, Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever, Amen.”

“The Covenant of Redemption is the agreement made between the members of the Trinity in order to bring us salvation. We find allusions to it in several Biblical texts. Under this covenant, the Father plans redemption and sends the Son in order to save His people. The Son agrees to be sent and to do the work necessary to save the elect (John 10:17–18), and the Spirit agrees to apply the work of Christ to us by sealing us unto salvation (Eph 1:13–14). -R. C. Sproul
https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/covenantredemption#:~:text=The covenant of redemption is,order to save His people.

There is nowhere in Scripture that supports Christians having a covenant with God. When Jesus said "this is My Blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Mat 26:28), it in no way referred to a covenant with man, but with the Father. The covenant that believers have in Christ is the "Everlasting Covenant" (“Covenant of Redemption”), and there is no mention of man's involvement here.

This, for the most part, hasn’t been taught in the Churchs; and it’s my opinion that it will never become a common doctrine among Christians. Of course, this is not essential salvation doctrine, thus believing or disbelieving in it cannot affect one’s salvation, just one’s spiritual growth.

God bless, and God be blessed!

NetChaplain (Robert Hall)
A vital truth. Since the covenant is between Lord Jesus and God, it cannot be in any violated or reversed. Covenant of law depends on man's obedience. Jesus obeyed God perfectly already, representing us as the last Adam. To take away my salvation, someone woud have to go back in time to stop the death and resurrection of Jesus. "Safe and secure on the Rock of all Ages".

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
A vital truth. Since the covenant is between Lord Jesus and God, it cannot be in any violated or reversed. Covenant of law depends on man's obedience. Jesus obeyed God perfectly already, representing us as the last Adam. To take away my salvation, someone would have to go back in time to stop the death and resurrection of Jesus. "Safe and secure on the Rock of all Ages".
Like your reply, and thanks!