Does anybody know if any other church charges money for baptism in the process?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 17, 2007
I Was Looking At Websites Of Catholic Churches And Many Of Them Charge An Administrative Fee Of Like $50 -$100 To Take A Mandatory Baptism Course To Have A Baby, Child, Or Even Having One Self Baptised. Does Any Of Your Churches Charge Such A Fee? It Sure Creates A Barrier For Those Suffering financial Hardship.

K

kenisyes

I have never heard of such a fee in an American Catholic Church, but I have been out of it for many years. But I can see them doing it, since Catholics no longer go to church except for those things, and thus have stopped tithing long ago. It has gotten so bad in Germany, that they are excommunicating Catholics, who do not acknowledge being Catholic to avoid paying the annual tithe, which in that country is added to the income tax. In Delaware, many Catholics will not tithe unless they are assured the money is not going to the diocese, which is now bankrupt because of child abuse lawsuits; such a note is attached to the bulletin during annual appeals.

You know, if you come to Jesus, it does not matter what church you are in.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I have never heard of a protestant church charging for any aspect of baptism, be it a class or the baptism itself. That is horrific.

L

lcerveny

I used to be Catholic but I left due to they want to get money from you all the time. Maybe it was one bad Catholic Church. I have found a good bible based church and they do not charge money for baptism or baby dedications. Your not charged to get married either you just pay the pastor.
If the church is not focused on salvation through Jesus................leave. Good luck!

Aug 17, 2007
One thing is some of the doctrine I find in the Catholic church I tend to question as well. One of them is the concept of Original Sin which the church teaches that every baby is born with that is removed by baptism. The thing I question is how can a baby who is incapable of sinning be guilty of a sin especially if it is committed by Adam and Eve which is like being convicted of a crime you did not commit because a baby is blameless and innocent. Another thing is baptism does not save anybody, it is only the blood of Jesus. Another thing is Papal infallibility because it is impossible for a human being to be perfect and the Pope is only a man. Only one who is perfect is Jesus.

As far as fees for sacraments, the bottom line is Jesus paid the ultimate fee for salvation. I do however believe nothing is truly free in life and even if it is free for you, someone had to have paid for it or the money had to come from another source. Even salvation is not even truly free because Jesus paid for it on the cross.

Yes I have read about in Germany of Catholics getting kicked out of the church just for not paying the tax and it is shameful how the church in Germany only cares about how much money you have in your wallet than your faith in Jesus.

Last edited:
B

Beckon

[h=2]
Does anybody know if any other church charges money for baptism in the process?
I Was Looking At Websites Of , Churches And Many Of Them Charge An Administrative Fee Of Like $50 -$100 To Take A Mandatory Baptism Course To Have A Baby, Child, Or Even Having One Self Baptised. Does Any Of Your Churches Charge Such A Fee? It Sure Creates A Barrier For Those Suffering financial Hardship.[/h]
(Beckon here)
In my opinion, any religious movement that wants you to put their brand of religion (teachings) between you & God's 1ST RULE, law. commandment, are adulterating God's teachings with their brand of religious doctrines, that are parable to the religious doctrines that pushed to stop Jesus' & his 4 love teachings, that all who follow him, (the way he went), are to build on, NOT this division or that one! Other words, we are to point others towards following The Spirit Of Eternal Truth that is within ant & all people who were/are foreknown from Genesis 1:26 by way of 1:27 back into the 2ed birth Jesus spoke of!
Beckon

May 3, 2013
That comes because MANY BELIEVE the selvations come by being baptized! It reminded me those days when that church sold "indulgencias" to forgive sins. Babylon is there and somewhere else.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I Was Looking At Websites Of Catholic Churches And Many Of Them Charge An Administrative Fee Of Like $50 -$100 To Take A Mandatory Baptism Course To Have A Baby, Child, Or Even Having One Self Baptised. Does Any Of Your Churches Charge Such A Fee? It Sure Creates A Barrier For Those Suffering financial Hardship.
What a great idea!

I'm going to start charging people whenever I explain baptism!

: )

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, i think you have to pay a certain amount of money for baptism in a catholic church according to my catholic friends. Aside from the catholic church, i haven't heard any church that requires a member to pay for baptism.

G

Graybeard

paying for baptism is simply ludicrous......why don't Catholics open their eyes to this blasphemy!...cmon 7seven7...what explanation justifies this?

K

kenisyes

What a great idea!

I'm going to start charging people whenever I explain baptism!

: )
I will undersell you. Specials on Tuesday nights, as most churches meet Wednesday or Thursday, if they meet on an evening, and I generally have nothing to do that night.

C

Cino

My church never charges for baptisms, but we don't baptize babies, only adults. Any church that would charge for this service is not going according to the word of God. The Bible says freely you have received, freely give. I would never go to a church that charges for this.

Dec 19, 2009
If someone is charging for baptisms, I would call that extortion.