Does anyone know who started the winter celebration of Christmas?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Do you read scripture? If you did it would answer your question.
Hes asking YOU a PERSONAL question apart from the Bible...are you sinless? Yes or no answer is sufficiant :)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Do you read scripture? If you did it would answer your question.
yes, I do read Scripture. so, Scripture tells us, or Jesus to be more specific - how to be an ideal person. that would be the sermon on the mount.

so, do you live up to that standard every hour of every day? if not, then you sin.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
yes, I do read Scripture. so, Scripture tells us, or Jesus to be more specific - how to be an ideal person. that would be the sermon on the mount.

so, do you live up to that standard every hour of every day? if not, then you sin.
Lol..youre avoiding a simple question..

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
..which day did God intend for the sabbeth in the Bible Saturday or Sunday..
Just to clarify my own posts [previous post in this thread], in case it wasn't clear to the readers :) , I believe the sabbath is always Saturday, and "Firstfruit" (Lev23:10-12) is always a Sunday (and was the day of Jesus' Resurrection).

As to the day Jesus was born, I believe a reasonable case can be made (based on Scripture) that it was likely Tishri 15 (not Tishri 8, which another poster suggested), that is, the first day of Tabernacles (Lev23:34) [and then circumcised the 8th day; "the eighth day" mentioned in Lev23:36], ascertained by viewing the "courses" of the priests (during those days [NT passage]) and that John the Baptist was born 6 months earlier. Also the wording in John 1:14, "and the Word was made flesh, and tabernacled among us"... and I too believe that the purpose of the Zech14 (future) celebration of Tabernacles is due to this (His BD party, so to speak, lol).

I too believe we are free to celebrate it (pr not) at any time :D

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Just to clarify my own posts [previous post in this thread], in case it wasn't clear to the readers :) , I believe the sabbath is always Saturday, and "Firstfruit" (Lev23:10-12) is always a Sunday (and was the day of Jesus' Resurrection).

As to the day Jesus was born, I believe a reasonable case can be made (based on Scripture) that it was likely Tishri 15 (not Tishri 8, which another poster suggested), that is, the first day of Tabernacles (Lev23:34) [and then circumcised the 8th day; "the eighth day" mentioned in Lev23:36], ascertained by viewing the "courses" of the priests (during those days [NT passage]) and that John the Baptist was born 6 months earlier. Also the wording in John 1:14, "and the Word was made flesh, and tabernacled among us"... and I too believe that the purpose of the Zech14 (future) celebration of Tabernacles is due to this (His BD party, so to speak, lol).

I too believe we are free to celebrate it (pr not) at any time :D
Lol..if yo took my partial post replying to another user i wasnt really asking a question..i was making a point.. Thats why taking partial posts can be detremental ;)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Lol..if yo took my partial post replying to another user i wasnt really asking a question..i was making a point.. Thats why taking partial posts can be detremental ;)
I wasn't answering any question I perceived you to be posing, I was clarifying my previous posts in case anyone reading may have misunderstood my post to be saying that the sabbath CHANGED to Sunday (after His resurrection), which I don't believe. I was just clarifying. :) (sure, part of your post prompted me to think of it! so that's good!)

Then, I should have drawn I line under that (as I sometimes do) to start the next section addressing the subject of the thread (not anything in your post). My apologies if it seemed I was "answering" YOU (and a question you WEREN'T ASKING. lol). I wasn't.

Thanks. :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I wasn't answering any question I perceived you to be posing, I was clarifying my previous posts in case anyone reading may have misunderstood my post to be saying that the sabbath CHANGED to Sunday (after His resurrection), which I don't believe. I was just clarifying. :)

Then, I should have drawn I line under that (as I sometimes do) to start the next section addressing the subject of the thread (not anything in your post). My apologies if it seemed I was "answering" YOU (and a question you WEREN'T ASKING. lol). I wasn't.

Thanks. :)
Lol..no problem..lol

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Judaizers were those who attempted to bring people back to law only, without mercy, justice and faith.

In the Word, they were not referring to any structured denomination yet, rather to the remaining of the tribe of JUdah.