Does God love the unfortunate?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brandon777

So I found this tag on facebook and I think. We're all born into sin, but not everyone will be adopted into His kingdom. In fact, most won't. And I don't see how that's fair.

I saw a picture on facebook for a girl who was abandoned by their parents at the hospital because she had down syndrom. She was smiling on a swing. The bottom said I was adopted because someone believed in me.

Last edited:
I

intercessorginger

Everyone WILL be adopted into the Kingdom of God..who wishes to be!

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Brandon, you strike me as someone smart enough to know why those who don't make it to heaven don't make it. It doesn't seem fair to us at times, but that's because we're seeing it from our smaller perspective. From God's perspective, it's fair. We make the choice to accept Jesus or not. I'm reasonably confident I don't need to tell you these things, but frustration can muddy things up, I understand.

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
[hope this is a right post/answer]

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers! God has chosen the poor in the world to become rich in faith and to be heirs of the kingdom that he promised to those who keep on loving him, has he not?

A

AngelLinda777

i hope god loves the unfortunate,, as i am living in poverty,,but have a strong spirit

B

Brandon777

Everyone WILL be adopted into the Kingdom of God..who wishes to be!
You think so?

Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will tell me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?'Then I will tell them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'

B

Brandon777

Also the parable of the sheep and the goats.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
Those are people who were what could be called "false converts." They called themselves Christians but were just as worldly and unchanged as non-believers. A true believer, no matter how fortunate or unfortunate things happen to be in their lives, will be saved.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
It goes back to that 'saved at birth' thing. God doesn't hold us accountable for decsions we haven't made. We are born innocent and stay that way until we are presented with the Gospel of Christ. At that point you either decide for Him or don't, (a non-decsion being a don't) and that's how it's fair. God doesn't reject anyone until they reject Him first.