Does God use the (foolish) controversies of doctrine to increase our faith in Him?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Should we be faithfully loving others for how they believe different in the one true God of the Trinity, the Deity of Christ?

Oops, that's controversial too :D

Or, the way the spirit of God, holy in us, reveals His truth to us by Himself asking us to understand pain will come but it will subside b He our 'Comforter.'

Oops, THAT'S controversial, too.

Everyone's got their own attitudes/opinions/interpretations about bible things but how is He leading you to follow Him, arevyou being led by His hand, can you feel your choices resonating gleefully onto your life, good fruit resulting from your 'faith' choices abd----Oops, that's controversial, too.

Hmmm, maybe, what God wants to do to us is break us ALL down to soing just one thing, make that, two things: Love Him and Love others.

Forgetting all the ridiculousness of who's sitting where, whose going to Heaven and who's not, of what is perfect righteousness, where do we get our salvation and how is it given us?

Do you think, just maybe, God means what He says when we are to love Him first, and, love others as we love ourselves, second.

I'M not being hypocritical either, I bring pretty harsh words to folks that believe a little bit different than me. Hey, ok, then, on THIS day of love, and, no one's saying it's gonna be perfect overnight, but let's ALL try to always in all ways not condemn others, no, not that, no, not that (Rom. 8:1 :) ), and, no, not even convict others of like faith guilty just because they don't believe in God perfectly as you.

Let's realize, as Scripture states through the apostle, Paul, we all HAVE our 'foundation as Christ,' or, in Christ we are on our solid ground.

Does this make sense? Our foundation for our faith is not from standing on ground that is solid dirt of the Earth, but, our salvation is found and dated, mark my words, date'em, too, if you are desperate (for truth) .

So, yes, on this Valentine's day of love let's find ouselves getting on each other less and on Him more, as we speak our said, set-in-stone thoughts that are controversy to so many. Let's let His love be on which we stand. And, may we love each orther with that same love, like our faith, so, that, increase can occur, of faith, of hope, of....

.....you guessed it, the greatest, love :)

I love you all, God bless you this Valentine's Day, won't you all be His vessels, this I pray, for me too.
The Lord leads.
Let's all do things in our walk, talk, and, gait, that say what we told Him we would do when we accepted Him into our hearts, Christ peeps.

Be mine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cfultz3

If only we could stop condemning one another just for one minute minute, we could see our fellow brother or sister in the Faith and not a demon we perceive them to be. The freedom Love offers is so much more worthy of being sought after then trying to be the most correct of them all.

G

GreenNnice

If only we could stop condemning one another just for one minute minute, we could see our fellow brother or sister in the Faith and not a demon we perceive them to be. The freedom Love offers is so much more worthy of being sought after then trying to be the most correct of them all.
Amen, love it, brother Cee, I love you, too, you who know you are His forevermore because you have Him in your heart.

If only we could see each other as He wants us to see each other: perfect by believing in His love so demonstrated for us by death of His Son, a man fully human on earth, who beared the sins of all humanity, being human Himself, becoming cursed by having hung on a tree. But, that body of Jesus that Joseph of Arimathea permissioned Pilate to take from the tomb and wrapped Jesus in linens.
For three days Jesus' body , NOT spirit (silly, God can't die :) ), was in that grave , as Jesus fulfilled His prophecy of love then by rising again.

Behold, what manner of love the Father has given unto us.

And we all BELIEVE in this same 'love.'

who is he who overcomes the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God .

He who has the Son has life he who does not have the Son of God does not have life .

Do you have the Son? I do.

Do you?

Then, love. :)

Jeshuvan

Pastor
Staff member
Apr 15, 2012
yes God does use the foolish also 2 confound the wise. John

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Should we be faithfully loving others for how they believe different in the one true God of the Trinity, the Deity of Christ?

Oops, that's controversial too :D

Or, the way the spirit of God, holy in us, reveals His truth to us by Himself asking us to understand pain will come but it will subside b He our 'Comforter.'

Oops, THAT'S controversial, too.

Everyone's got their own attitudes/opinions/interpretations about bible things but how is He leading you to follow Him, arevyou being led by His hand, can you feel your choices resonating gleefully onto your life, good fruit resulting from your 'faith' choices abd----Oops, that's controversial, too.

Hmmm, maybe, what God wants to do to us is break us ALL down to soing just one thing, make that, two things: Love Him and Love others.

Forgetting all the ridiculousness of who's sitting where, whose going to Heaven and who's not, of what is perfect righteousness, where do we get our salvation and how is it given us?

Do you think, just maybe, God means what He says when we are to love Him first, and, love others as we love ourselves, second.

I'M not being hypocritical either, I bring pretty harsh words to folks that believe a little bit different than me. Hey, ok, then, on THIS day of love, and, no one's saying it's gonna be perfect overnight, but let's ALL try to always in all ways not condemn others, no, not that, no, not that (Rom. 8:1 :) ), and, no, not even convict others of like faith guilty just because they don't believe in God perfectly as you.

Let's realize, as Scripture states through the apostle, Paul, we all HAVE our 'foundation as Christ,' or, in Christ we are on our solid ground.

Does this make sense? Our foundation for our faith is not from standing on ground that is solid dirt of the Earth, but, our salvation is found and dated, mark my words, date'em, too, if you are desperate (for truth) .

So, yes, on this Valentine's day of love let's find ouselves getting on each other less and on Him more, as we speak our said, set-in-stone thoughts that are controversy to so many. Let's let His love be on which we stand. And, may we love each orther with that same love, like our faith, so, that, increase can occur, of faith, of hope, of....

.....you guessed it, the greatest, love :)

I love you all, God bless you this Valentine's Day, won't you all be His vessels, this I pray, for me too.
The Lord leads.
Let's all do things in our walk, talk, and, gait, that say what we told Him we would do when we accepted Him into our hearts, Christ peeps.

Be mine :)
Sometimes it is extremely difficult not to "argue" with others on here. We all think we are right in some way. The others think they are right, and then sparks fly. I have been in my share of debates where I looked like a blithering idiot even if I was correct in my views.
That is part of the reason I don't come on here as much anymore. If I cannot act as a Christian when I am being tested then I need to take a step back and reevaluate my own life.

2 Timothy 2:23-24 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
I do try me best to remember this..

G

GreenNnice

Sometimes it is extremely difficult not to "argue" with others on here. We all think we are right in some way. The others think they are right, and then sparks fly. I have been in my share of debates where I looked like a blithering idiot even if I was correct in my views.
That is part of the reason I don't come on here as much anymore. If I cannot act as a Christian when I am being tested then I need to take a step back and reevaluate my own life.

2 Timothy 2:23-24 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
I do try me best to remember this..
How true, elizzy, all we do is make loud (blathering) noises when we can't/don't make our points in love.

That is His leading, then, taking you away, the Lord leads, but, when you are around here you say well-said things, about your views on things like women pastors, etc., which I don't always agree with but I know you speak smartly, confidently, soundly in your presentations and let the guys become hormonal most of the time in their heavy-worded thoughts that might sound nice but are a very noisy kind of witness and that is not, usually, witness at all, and, their thoughts (myself included) might sound nice about how they word their beliefs of Him but they are,creally, not nice thoughts at all because they sound-off without love.

Nov 26, 2011
Does the Spirit of Truth lead one into error?

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
1Jn 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

G

GreenNnice

All I'm saying, Skins, is that we should try to speak more in love when we do speak our doctrine or else, it is foolishness, by virtue those you are TRYING to reach just think your wordsareallgarbledupand'gonging'sounding ;)

And, I think the spirit of Truth would agree with all that :^). Do you? :)

Nov 26, 2011
All I'm saying, Skins, is that we should try to speak more in love when we do speak our doctrine or else, it is foolishness, by virtue those you are TRYING to reach just think your wordsareallgarbledupand'gonging'sounding ;)

And, I think the spirit of Truth would agree with all that :^). Do you? :)
We are to always speak in love yet unfortunately many equate love with "acceptance" or "tolerance."

There ought be no acceptance or tolerance for false doctrines which lead souls to perdition. Jesus was very frank with the religious authorities of His day and so was Paul and Peter. John plainly stated that those who professed Jesus and were not yielded to His teachings were liars.

One of the reasons that professing Christianity is so tolerant of ongoing sin is a reluctance to be firm in regards to sound doctrine regarding the issue of sin. It seems that as long as one believes Jesus is God manifest in the flesh and as long as one believes that He died and rose again then everything else is secondary. Many people will view organisations like the Mormon's or Jehovah's Witnesses as being led by false teachers instead of paying attention a little closer to home.

I am greatly burdened when practically every single pastor in my town honestly believes that one can be saved and guaranteed eternal life whilst still engaged in all manner of ongoing sin. Holiness is viewed as a distant goal rather than a present reality. It seems that as long as people profess to "believe" and are generally "nice" to each other then they are Christian. The general attitude is that if they are still walking in the flesh then it is something God will eventually deal with so no need to be concerned.

Therefore these churches which are led by these men are not producing the fruit of righteousness but rather the fruit of double-minded lukewarmness all coated with an appearance of godliness and good charitable works.

G

GreenNnice

We are to always speak in love yet unfortunately many equate love with "acceptance" or "tolerance."

There ought be no acceptance or tolerance for false doctrines which lead souls to perdition. Jesus was very frank with the religious authorities of His day and so was Paul and Peter. John plainly stated that those who professed Jesus and were not yielded to His teachings were liars.

One of the reasons that professing Christianity is so tolerant of ongoing sin is a reluctance to be firm in regards to sound doctrine regarding the issue of sin. It seems that as long as one believes Jesus is God manifest in the flesh and as long as one believes that He died and rose again then everything else is secondary. Many people will view organisations like the Mormon's or Jehovah's Witnesses as being led by false teachers instead of paying attention a little closer to home.

I am greatly burdened when practically every single pastor in my town honestly believes that one can be saved and guaranteed eternal life whilst still engaged in all manner of ongoing sin. Holiness is viewed as a distant goal rather than a present reality. It seems that as long as people profess to "believe" and are generally "nice" to each other then they are Christian. The general attitude is that if they are still walking in the flesh then it is something God will eventually deal with so no need to be concerned.

Therefore these churches which are led by these men are not producing the fruit of righteousness but rather the fruit of double-minded lukewarmness all coated with an appearance of godliness and good charitable works.
Exactly, Skins bro, the Lord leads, just trying to say, as He leads me, that we are to speak our beliefs that are heavy set in one way of thinking of what sin is, who has it, who can get rid of it, who needs to quit sinning, etc. etc., in love.

Believing in Him is the FIRST step to salvation, because of His grace, we are SAVED, and, through faith, we are saved, and, not of our own faith, we are saved, and, our faith is a free gift from Him, not something we drummed up inside our over-active imaginations to build unto our brains to become saved, it's all from Him, His measure, etc., anyway, I don't mean to sound off my doctrine on you, but I think we happen to agree here. :

Whatever you do, do for the glory of God and BOAST, my friend, boast of it, but do not bring down, belittle, beleaguer others in so bringing Him the 'great' attention our Lord and Saviour so richly deserves from us, wants from us, loves us to give Him, because He first gave 'it' to us :)

T

Tintin

God's Love needs to be informed by God's Truth.

A

Abiding

Love rejoices in the truth

Let you love abound more and more in all knowledge and discernment.

G

GreenNnice

Exactly, Skins bro, the Lord leads, just trying to say, as He leads me, that we are to speak our beliefs that are heavy set in one way of thinking of what sin is, who has it, who can get rid of it, who needs to quit sinning, etc. etc., in love.

Believing in Him is the FIRST step to salvation, because of His grace, we are SAVED, and, through faith, we are saved, and, not of our own faith, we are saved, and, our faith is a free gift from Him, not something we drummed up inside our over-active imaginations to build unto our brains to become saved, it's all from Him, His measure, etc., anyway, I don't mean to sound off my doctrine on you, but I think we happen to agree here. :

Whatever you do, do for the glory of God and BOAST, my friend, boast of it, but do not bring down, belittle, beleaguer others in so bringing Him the 'great' attention our Lord and Saviour so richly deserves from us, wants from us, loves us to give Him, because He first gave 'it' to us :)
Boast of Him, don't boast of what you do, just a clarification of what will be a misinterpretation.
That's what Paul says, do it.
And, tintin, speak in love His truth is how I would put it. When we 'inform' someone of His truth, it can be grating and harsh sounding and, especially to other Christians, the words from Him that you are given, like Paul, who spoke not out of his own plethora knowledge and scholarly abilities and leadership, ruling qualities, but of the spirit of God inside Him speaking, this is how we can 'inform' people of the Truth. In fact, it's how we should let people know the truth, letting the Lord lead .

The Lord leads.
:)