Does MTV really understand teens and sexuality?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DanuckInUSA

My blog today is on a survey regarding teens and their views on premarital sex. As young adults I am wondering what your thoughts are on the topic. Is MTV's depiction of oversexualized youth the more accurate or the results from the survey?

W

writingluverr812

I do think MTV is portraying sex as good, yet I believe they are showing what teenagers are doing nowadays. I myself won't be sexually active until I'm married, but MTV also is one of the channels that really is real life. There are trashy men & women out there, there are pregnant teenagers, there are people doing drugs, there are spoiled teenagers. What MTV does for me is that is shows me who I don't want to be like. I don't want to be pregnant at 14 like my friend was, who I may add had her baby the other day and is finally over the happy stage and is getting a little piece of reality.

And I'm a Freshman in High School and already I know half the girls in my grade are no longer virgins, i look at them and no there's no way I want to be them. Maybe it's just me, but what MTV does is shows me that I don't want to be the trashy girls on there and follow God's word. :)

K

kayem77

I can't see your blog, I dont know why but I can't open it =/. About MTV, well they show the real world, I't is kinda the way the world works in sexuality terms, not always ,but it is very common they way they show it.

B

BellaFlor

I think MTV is just another way of leading youth astray from what is right. Indeed, the world is becoming a lot more immoral for every day, doesn't means this is what is to being normal. Young teenagers/people are easy to influence, you either influence them in a bad or good way. Also depending on how their lives are at home, what group of friends they get, what information they get from tv, books, magazines, etc...

The world wants to tell you that this is all normal, it is normal that teens starts early with having a boyfriend/girlfriend, but not just having one, having tonz of them. And that it is normal for them having sex, sex is just a fun game for many, nothing about responsibility, so when the girl gets pregnant, the guy runs away from his responsibility, I mean, he is much too young being a dad, so why is he to stay? Many young teens choose abortion; they do are sure ready to having sex, but no way they are ready to becoming a parent(though in this case, they could have brought their child into the world and then put them into adoption for someone else to taking care of it). Teens have models to look up to, so that they should have a low self esteem, thinking that if they'd look a lot more different than how they already look they'd be a lot more happier. Just some few points on this.

Also, I think it is a shame with all the nudity stuff into MTV and with the sex part, as there are children that might be looking around, and then seeing some bad videos that are put up in MTV. They no longer think about the innocence of children nor teenagers, it is all about destroying this as early as possible, so that the devil can get to as many as possible and deceive them sooner.