Does no one chat about Christian movies?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

moviemaster

I find it strange that there is all kinds of talk on this site, but no one is talking about Christian movies. There is a thread for Christian music, but not movies. I find this a good topic but no buzz.

R

Richie_2uk

Well you tell me a Christian movie that is by the book, nothing added or taken away. I will watch it. seems every biblical movie, has something missing, or taken out and added something that not right. When these directors make these movies, they try to make it close to the book, but never accurate by the book. they always have to add there little additional bit thats irrelivant to the book or the movie just to make it look good.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
there arent many out there for one and two they tend to stay in one or two genres greatly limiting the types you can watch.

K

kennethcadwell

Well you tell me a Christian movie that is by the book, nothing added or taken away. I will watch it. seems every biblical movie, has something missing, or taken out and added something that not right. When these directors make these movies, they try to make it close to the book, but never accurate by the book. they always have to add there little additional bit thats irrelivant to the book or the movie just to make it look good.
I agree with you on this.

There are a lot out there, but most of them do leave out stuff or change things to make it unbiblical.

Examples: Son of God ( Jesus going in and kissing Lazarus on the forehead, instead of standing outside the temple and yelling for him to come out. )
[SUP]43 [/SUP]When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” [SUP]44 [/SUP]The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.

Then in Noah it had the fallen angels helping Noah, nowhere in bible does it say that. It says they came down and took women as brides. Then on the ark Ham and Japheth where young and did not have wives, but in bible it says all three of Noah's sons had wives.

Even though it may or may not happen in the order of events shown, I do like the Left Behind series, and I also like The Ten Commandments, Passion of the Christ, and Fireproof.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
just watched God's not dead. one of the best Christian movies I ever seen.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Honestly, most of them are somewhat cheesy and poorly done (there are a couple of exceptions). That, combined with a usually less than stellar message, make for a poor use of time.
I'd rather watch a better quality movie if I'm in the mood for entertainment, and have real spiritual fellowship with others if I want to be encouraged and challenged.

W

wwjd_kilden

The perfect stranger is a good one

Jan 24, 2012
Christian movies aren't a really popular genre of movie. There just aren't a lot of Christian movies out there. Even on netflix, they are under the genre of "faith and spirituality" which includes Buddhism, new age, and atheist movies, and even still it's a tiny list on netflix.

That being said, Blue Like Jazz and God's Not Dead are fantastic movies.