Does righteous relationships exist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nelsox

We had a youth seminar at our local church and the youth mentor asked us the qualities of a righteous relationship. I stood up and said conclusively that for Christians it's hard to be in a relationship unless you are married anything else is not righteous as what entails a relationship and all that go with it may render a Christian unrighteous

Dec 12, 2013
Maybe study a little bit.....

It is perfectly ok for a man and a woman to date, see each other, grow to love one another etc. outside marriage which can and does lead to marriage....

Nobody has to...

1. Get hot on each other outside marriage which can lead to number 2 and number 3
2. Have sex outside marriage
3. Continually think sexual thoughts about who you are dating and or seeing...

God can and has blessed many a relationship that is based upon truth and righteousness...

My wife and I...

1. Met at a college age activity-->hay ride
2. Dated 5 months--->without having sex
3. Waited till marriage to have sex
4. Been married 23 years now....

N

Nelsox

dcontroversal:that nyc. ..and congrats 23 is really a long way considering u met in college...thanks for advice

Jan 6, 2012
Wow, I might need to see you for counseling before I get married. Good to hear good news on the marriage front every once in a while.

Jan 6, 2012
I think that a relationship can be righteous before marriage. If you can marry an intimate friend, you are way ahead in the game, and the bond and level of devotion is that much higher (and genuine, less flaky). I think intimacy without sex is a real accomplishment before marriage, but if sex ranks around number seven or nine on the guy's list of 'priorities' (it ranks around number thirteen on hers they say), then neither one in the relationship will have to work at trying to keep the relationship righteous at all.

N

Nelsox

Allin I bet you're right pal...thanks for the scriptures too...I think I'm gonna try this out...